Forfedhdaran Vigil in honor of Vorclaf (LOG - LONG) 06/18/2009 08:01 PM CDT
Attendees:
Issus
Jaelia
Kraggur
Valcrest

LOG:
Jaelia asks, "I imagine you travelled a bit of a distance, do you want to hear about it?"

You nod to Jaelia and say, “Aye.”

Jaelia says, "I ... had originally intended to go along. But they asked for some to stay with the Princess. I figured I would be needed for deaths on the frontlines, mobile triage and whatnot… at the last rois I decided to stay behind."
Jaelia says, "I figured I would pray."

Jaelia says, "We watched through a mirror. With the Princess. The Princess was distraught.""

You ask, "What happened then? Vorclafs final moments, I do be askin...."

Valcrest says, "i was wit Vorclaf in 'is last moments of life. twas a sad sight ta see"

Valcrest says, "we infiltrated Lyras's warcamp and attacked..."
Valcrest says, "it was a ratha long fight. She finally pushed most of us out and resealed the path to her fortress"

Jaelia says, "She tried to consume his soul. He was filled with the Spirit of Meraud... he was seeing Visions."

Valcrest says, "from dere she slay Vorclaf and attemped to consumed his soul… Meraud and da gods would not allow fer dat and he walked."
Jaelia says, "She somehow managed to dispel Meraud for a moment, landed the fatal blow, then began to consume his spirit. The Immortals took his soul where it belonged."

You say, "Anythin' unusal happen wit' Lyras... I do believe it be takin' a force beyond mortal ken ta displace that gods, e'en if fer a bit."

Jaelia says, "I wish we were meeting under better circumstances, Court Bard."

Issus says, "Certainly, but it is always good to see you, Jaelia"

Issus says, "Yes, though tragic, it is for the best he was taken before she could get her filthy hands on a soul that strong."

Jaelia says, "Something feeds her. Something far greater than mortal comprehension."

Jaelia says, "I do not plan to return to the City of Crossings anytime soon. I believe my presence there was quite - disapproved of after I offered honest words instead of false comforting words. There are no words to be offered at those times."

Issus says, "She referred to Meraud as a "godling". Certainly whatever guides her knows what it's up against... and is cocky."

Issus says, "Something odd that Vorclaf said... Easy to miss in all of the fighting"

Issus says, "But he indicated that our entire forray was a distraction. A distraction from what, I haven't the slightest clue..."

Jaelia asks, "A distraction?"

Valcrest says, "i musta not 'eard dat one"

Issus says, "Someone asked if we should send a party somewhere as a distraction. He said "WE are the distraction""

Valcrest says, "ah yes i 'eard dat"

Jaelia says, "I missed that as well. I will be honest, I was more focused on my prayers, I was quite fervent in praying for guiding and protecting strength."

You say, "Thank ya fer lettin' me know."

Jaelia says, "Most of the battle... I paid attention vaguely."

Issus says, "Still, it's good to know that we served a purpose, even one unknown to us."

Valcrest says, "i do trust in our leaders, although at times strongly dislike it, i know its fer da best"

Jaelia says, "The Prince was never my Leader."

Jaelia says, "That Prince offered up innocent citizens without remorse to the Inquisitor. And the Immortals took him as an offering as well. It is a mortal sacrifice, and while it is great, just because he was Prince makes it no greater than the sacrifice each of us make."

Jaelia says, "I have no candles, I believe. I do have incense."

You say, "It be against custom ta speak ill o' tha dead, Jaelia. He be wit' ta gods now 'n beyond our reproach."

Jaelia says, "It was a honorable sacrifice. I believe he knew what he had to do, and he still made that choice. He has done much for all of us. Many of us will also make these sacrifices, more to come. These are dark times indeed."

(The group moved to the Halls of the Dead now.)

[Temple of Kertigen, Hall of the Dead]
Stretching off into the distance as far as the light reaches, the long, low cavern holds the remains of the residents of Hibarnhvidar who have passed on to remain with their gods. Stately rows of stone catafalques bear the bones of heroes and kings, while precisely carved niches line the walls for those of poorer purse or less fame.
Also here: Mister Issus, Nomad Valcrest, Sister Jaelia.

Kraggur clears his throat, his gaze lost in the distance of the hall for a moment.

You say, "Here is a place where tha dead o' me peoples be interred, great lords 'n commoners alike."

You take a deep breath.

You chant:

"Return this man to the Immortal's breast
Let his spirit roam through the skies
He was a noble man, who defended his people."

"Set him free from this war
Return to him the peaceful days
Lost beyond recounting, long ago
When we walked free under the stars."

"By Meraud sworn, and Meraud taken
Let none deny his courage
Rest now our thoughts upon his children
Kertigen grant them justice."

"Until his star fades from the heavens
Let us remember his sacrifice
Lest we forget the sacrifices made by all
Serve as a beacon, and be welcomed unto Kertigen's Halls."

Kraggur bows his head, briefly before resuming.

You say, "Let 'im be remembered amongst those of his ancestors long ago, who held alliance wit' tha Dabru peoples. May 'is soul find rest."
(The group then moves to Kertigen’s Altar)

[Temple of Kertigen, Kertigen's Altar]
A brilliant shaft of multicolored light slants down from the ceiling where a vein of prismatic quartz crystal reaches through the crust of the mountain. Day or night, whether sun or moon, natural or Dwarf-made, the beautiful rainbow of light illuminates the cavern, shining directly onto a gleaming white quartz altar.
Also here: Mister Issus, Nomad Valcrest, Sister Jaelia.

(Everyone kneels and prays.)

You softly ask, ""Any o' ya haein' a prayer 'er wish ta Vorclaf's soul, be willin' ta say it?"

Jaelia intones:

"We lift our Voices to the Thirteen, And Especially Meraud
This man Served his Province, And so he Has Served Elanthia
He gave the Ultimate sacrifice Willingly, he walked into the Maw of Darkness
We bless you each for setting him free, but we also cry out
Let this sacrifice not be in Vain, Guide us Through these Shadows
Were a Prince once stood, Now Stands a Widow with Grief
Honor and Comfort her and their Children,
For we cannot forget the Sacrifice they made as well.”

Issus says, "Let his sacrifice not weaken our will, but strengthen our resolve. Let us take heart from his example, and bring vengeance upon our foe."

Valcrest says, "allow fer da distraction that he once spoke of, be one that worked for the better of these lands..."

Jaelia asks, "May I offer one other prayer, for those warriors to fight, and those warriors yet to sacrifice?"

You nod to Jaelia.

Jaelia recites the “Prayer for Life and Death.”

Jaelia says, "Keep us each, Lord Kertigen, may our spirits and faith be enriched, not faltered, by the sacrifice made the other eve…. No... the day... although the day so dark, it might have been the Evening of a moonless sky. Walk us through thid darkness, and let us not fall to it."

You harshly say, "Kertigen, guide our hands, minds and spirits, as we exact just retribution upon Lyras and 'er soulless armies."

(The group then returns to the temple entrance)

You say, "Thank ya fer comin' me friends."