Re: Scroll left for Delivery to Heritage House 06/10/2009 11:07 AM CDT
*A crisp white sheet left in the backroom of the Thirteenth Passage*

Jaelia,

Who can understands the minds of men or gods? I study the heavens seeking answers and yet only ever find more questions. However, I do believe that if we had an Ocular so highly placed, that certainly an Olvi or two would have been snatched up by now, and I have not heard word of that.

As to what the gods condone, there are many gods, many demons, and many other powers difficult to comprehend. Perhaps there is some degree of strife or concern within the pantheon. Perhaps they struggle in the face of this foul death stalking the lands because it is so... foreign... and unworldly. There have been several references to the entity behind Lyras. This may challenge the gods, and perhaps its existence could pollute other bodies over time. Poor Safhra might be one example of this.

However, there is a time to stand against abuse, when the fires of ones heart must be fanned to flame. These abuses are outrageous. Note that I do not object to what Khurek does, only his methods in doing so. Poor misguided souls who have fallen to sorcery and to even darker necromancy must be given final rest. Torturing them to death seems to have no bearing upon releasing them to death, at least in so far as any of my research has been able to indicate.

I will be returning soon to the Biiskbowr region, and hope to meet you there, but I have forwarded several copies of texts I came across in my research durin my stay in Throne City on Moliko that may be of some interest. My associates in the Crossing eagerly await meeting with you to deliver them.

Signed,
Kraggur Kveldcharn