Event Calendar 09/06/2013 11:39 AM CDT
How does one go about getting an event added to the Play.net calendar, and how much advance notice is needed?

You feel your Heart Link with a mug of zombie's revenge fade away.

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Event Calendar 09/06/2013 12:32 PM CDT

Email DR-Events@play.net, tell them what you want the calendar notice to say.

I would suggest you give as much lead time as possible. I wouldn't send out a notice same day and expect that there's someone around who can add it, but I have seen late notices get posted to the calendar.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Event Calendar 09/06/2013 05:01 PM CDT
I've been told it's best to have it in before the week running into the month that the advent will be happening, but again more lead time is always better.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Event Calendar 09/06/2013 06:34 PM CDT
At least two weeks before the date you're looking to have the event is what we (the Events team) ask for to help ensure that we can review things and get it up. More than that is a really good idea if you have a very specific date/time that you want, so you have less worries about being double booked with other events as the other players (and GMs) can see it up with enough advanced notice that they can adjust their own plans accordingly. Less than two weeks and we can't promise that your event will even make it up on the calendar, though we do still occasionally end up able to make it happen.

To streamline the process, look at other calendar entries and send your information in that same format when you email Events. It saves us a bit of back and forth, and we can usually get your entry up much, much faster if you do it that way right off!

- Persida