The list for Stupid Terrastrian Tricks is buggy 11/10/2020 12:22 AM CST
There appear to be a problem with the Stupid Terrestrian Tricks list.

At first I thought there will several issues going on with it, but it turns out that the issues are all related to a single issue: sometimes when you join the list you'll just immediately fall off, with no messaging. It takes your money, but when you look at the list, you're no longer on it, it doesn't message to you that it's your turn to try the Web. In fact, I was thinking that the issue was that it was immediately putting me to ready status - not true. Even if you go to the Waiting Area, nothing will happen there, and you'll receive no messaging.

You are also able to immediately rejoin the list and pay more money. At first I thought that it would let you join over and over and take your money, but this just seems to be related to the name falling off of the list. If your name is on the list, you'll get the "But you are already registered!" message, but if not it will let you join the list again. The only reliable way I found to play was to keep spamming joining the list and paying money until they finally called me.

This happened even when I was the only person trying to use the game.

Here's a log of the situation. There's nothing cut from this other than blanking out the name of my alt - it literally happens that fast.

> join list
The seedy monger looks up to you and says, "Good. You're registered. Now remember, no refunds and you must be here when your name is called or you will forfeit the registration fee."

> read list
Registration List for Stupid Terrestrian Tricks
The following names are on the list:
(1) *****

Registration for the game costs 500 kronar. The signup list is currently open.
To register for the game, JOIN LIST.

NOTE: This game is very dangerous, and may result in your
demise. Do not join the list unless you are willing to prove
your mettle on the Web of Death!

N O R E F U N D S
> read list

N O R E F U N D S

Second log, where I never even showed up on the list, even when I immediately checked it:

> join list
The seedy monger looks up to you and says, "Good. You're registered. Now remember, no refunds and you must be here when your name is called or you will forfeit the registration fee."
> read list

N O R E F U N D S

- Saragos