Decomposing Merelew Messaging Bug 11/06/2020 11:48 AM CST
The messaging for the decomposing merelew special attack seems to be missing the object with which its hands clashed. I'm guessing this is supposed to be a shield block, and it failed to list my shield:

With a burbling scream from water-filled lungs, a decomposing Merelew suddenly lurches forward at you!
The decomposing Merelew's hands clash with your , the sound grating harshly on your ears.
[You're winded, incredibly balanced and overwhelming your opponent.]

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor
Re: Decomposing Merelew Messaging Bug 11/06/2020 08:39 PM CST
Looks like it happens on parry too:

With a burbling scream from water-filled lungs, a decomposing Merelew suddenly lurches forward at you!
The decomposing Merelew's hands are unable to reach past your well-timed parry, flailing against the .
[You're incredibly balanced and overwhelming your opponent.]

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor
Re: Decomposing Merelew Messaging Bug 11/06/2020 10:30 PM CST
Why do decapods spawn in stealth mode? Anyone else notice this? Is this supposed to happen?

[Escarpment, Cave Entrance]
Brilliantly luminescent fan worms, corals, and sponges provide sufficient visibility to note the boundaries of the cave walls. The ghostly forms of scuttling crabs and other creatures can be seen scurrying around the shadows, hiding in crevices as they seek shelter and scraps. Above, a small pocket of air betrays the flickering of a small lamp.
Obvious paths: south, up.
H>
With a gentle stir of ghostly fins, a strange undulating purple streak marks the arrival of a deeplight fish!

H> ad
You begin to stealthily advance on a nacre-plated Torbisan decapod. <<<<< I advanced to hit the fish but somehow ended up engaged with a decapod?!
H> l
[Escarpment, Cave Entrance]
Brilliantly luminescent fan worms, corals, and sponges provide sufficient visibility to note the boundaries of the cave walls. The ghostly forms of scuttling crabs and other creatures can be seen scurrying around the shadows, hiding in crevices as they seek shelter and scraps. Above, a small pocket of air betrays the flickering of a small lamp.
You also see a deeplight fish.
Obvious paths: south, up.

Then i look to see if i missed it coming in and .. no decapod in the room.. wasn't one in the room prior either so it didn't just leave after i advanced on it.. what the heck?

Damian, a voice from the distant and long-forgotten past.
Re: Decomposing Merelew Messaging Bug 11/07/2020 03:53 AM CST
The incomplete parry/shield messaging on the decomposing Merelew (and likely many other creatures) should be fixed now.

The stealthy decapods are weird. We're still investigating that one!

GM Grejuva
Re: Decomposing Merelew Messaging Bug 11/07/2020 04:23 AM CST
Turns out it was an ADVANCE bug and not a stealthy decapod. Fixed.

GM Grejuva