Manipulated Spiders 10/24/2019 09:25 PM CDT
I didn't verify whether they all behave this way, but I successfully Manipulated one of the spider queens and it kept trying to re-engage me. Seems like their target selection needs to be updated to honor the Friendly state.

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor
Re: Manipulated Spiders 10/27/2019 06:20 PM CDT
I have a little more information to share on this that I think might be relevant. I think it's an overall AI issue that extends beyond just how they behave when Manipulated. I had like 8 of them trying to engage my Guardian Spirit even though there's only room for 4 to be engaged, and that's without trying to use the Taunt. I kind of feel cheap using NB-Spam+GS as my only option for these things, heh. It'd be nice to be able to take a crack at a Manipulate-centered strategy instead.

The whole thing kind of reminds me of the experimental new creature AI that was put into Test a couple of years ago, which was various flavors of broken at the time and hasn't come up again since.

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor
Re: Manipulated Spiders 11/09/2019 07:56 AM CST
I've pretty much given up on it being fixed for this event, but please make sure this isn't a problem for any future event creatures. It happened with the zenzics and/or starcrashers too, so it seems to be a recurring problem with how these event creatures are being setup. This is really a very critical bug that should probably mark the creatures/event as "not at all ready to go live".

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor
Re: Manipulated Spiders 11/09/2019 01:13 PM CST
As an additional suggestion for future events, perhaps consider how you can include constructs. This event seemed like the perfect opportunity to have both living creatures (biomechanical spiders) and constructs (fully transformed mechanical spiders).

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald