Paid time cut in half 02/06/2016 03:11 PM CST
So I just ran BtB for my first time today and it was certainly fun. I was especially looking forward to being able to search around for incidental loot and take a better look at the entire area except ran into the loot hut without realizing it was the loot hut. While I can somewhat understand not allowing people to leave it once entered, although since they paid I don't see why they shouldn't be able to, I do find it a little unfair that it's put in the middle of an area crawling with undead that are far beyond my abilities. Even with the warning sign I had to make sure a critter that I likely wouldn't even be able to retreat from didn't advance on me so ran into the hut only then realizing what it was. I'll certainly know next time but being my first time and really having the time I paid for cut in half (there were two hours left before the quest was over) for simply trying to avoid being killed is just a bit disappointing. I just thought I'd at least mention this since, as a first-timer, it completely took me off guard and while I certainly enjoyed the experience as a whole this particular situation did have a negative impact on it.
Re: Paid time cut in half 02/06/2016 03:40 PM CST
AFAIK you can still explore the entire quest zone even after taking the end prize in the treasure room. I've done it a few times.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Paid time cut in half 02/06/2016 03:59 PM CST

>I've done it a few times.

About a month ago I did the same. Got my end prize, went back out, died, then collected all incidental loot.

Jalika
Re: Paid time cut in half 02/06/2016 05:19 PM CST
Our group leader mentioned that they recently changed it so that you cannot leave the loot area once you enter it. There also was no exit other than the gate which leaves the event. Maybe I missed something but I and a number of other folks in my group made the same mistake and were unable to re enter the quest area.
Re: Paid time cut in half 02/06/2016 05:23 PM CST
Yes, that's definitely a recent change.

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: Paid time cut in half 02/06/2016 09:26 PM CST
That's really unfortunate if it is indeed the case. The best way to do this quest has always been to make sure you complete it then go back and poke around everywhere for incidentals.

--Just a Squire

Riveted to the metal is a small copper plaque depicting a shield crossed with a longsword overlaying a field of thirteen stars. Encircling the design are the words, "Many Faces - One God."
Re: Paid time cut in half 02/07/2016 04:20 AM CST
This just brings it in line with every other quest's treasure room, tbh.

If safe rooms are the concern, the quest already has a number of them besides the treasure room.

Thayet

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: Paid time cut in half 02/07/2016 07:27 AM CST
This is also an issue because a person new to this Quest (and even someone not new to the Quest like me who is directionally challenged)could stumble into that room prior to completing the Quest and now you are unable to finish the Quest.

- Felicini
Re: Paid time cut in half 02/07/2016 07:33 AM CST
I don't think it's possible to stumble into it without completing the main quest. I.e. killing the final boss is required to gain access to the treasure area.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Paid time cut in half 02/07/2016 07:36 AM CST
I want to say that hut isn't even open until you finish the quest and kill the final boss, so accidentally walking in and not being able to leave to complete the quest shouldn't actually be possible. If that isn't presently the case (I'd be surprised, but hey) then it should be.

Thayet

Re: Paid time cut in half 02/07/2016 09:18 AM CST
This change happened in December... you have to search for incidentals now before you enter the hut. Notice the new sign outside:

[Sunfell Hub, Abandoned Ruins]
One hut in particular stands out, with many bite and scratch marks marring the wood that makes up its exterior. Despite this, the building stands tall and defiant, likely due to the hard oakwood and sturdy craftsmanship that was put into it. Numerous fresh shuffling tracks mar the ground, indicating that the undead still frequent the area regularly. You also see a damaged hut with a large WARNING sign on it.

>read sign
A large WARNING sign reads:
"WARNING: Once you enter the hut, you will not be able to leave, so make sure you are finished here before you do. ~ Claw Matron Esata"
Re: Paid time cut in half 02/07/2016 02:03 PM CST
> don't think it's possible to stumble into it without completing the main quest. I.e. killing the final boss is required to gain access to the treasure area.

ahh ok ty

- Felicini
Re: Paid time cut in half 02/07/2016 05:46 PM CST
The sign is a perfect way of getting the point across... unless you're being advanced by hordes of undead far beyond your abilities and need to get away before you can't retreat. Then reading the sign really takes a lower priority. Maybe on top of the sign there could be some kind of messaging on first trying to enter? Sort of like when you grab a piece of end loot and get the messaging about only being able to take one only minus the roundtime for this one. I know that certainly would have made it easier for me. Just a suggestion.
Re: Paid time cut in half 02/07/2016 05:48 PM CST
<Maybe on top of the sign there could be some kind of messaging on first trying to enter?

That would probably be the easiest way to implement something.
Re: Paid time cut in half 02/07/2016 05:49 PM CST
I guess I've never really notice the village being THAT overrun. As long as you keep moving there's very little risk unless you get unlucky.

I'd be in favor of a warning message popping up before you enter instead though, sure.

Thayet

Re: Paid time cut in half 02/07/2016 07:51 PM CST
Honestly, I'm not sure why people can't stick around after beating the quest. Is it a mechanical issues thing?

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.