Beyond the Barrier -- New Treasure! 09/18/2014 01:44 PM CDT
Thanks to your combined efforts, the Western Lands are finally starting to see the first hint of tangible improvement to the blighted corruption that Lyras left behind. However, there is still much work to be done, and the Claw of Tenemlor hopes that the Easterners will return once again to help them rid the undead menace from their land.

Starting in October, Beyond the Barrier will have a large amount of new items, both during the quest and as end prizes. In addition, there will be subtle changes that hint at the slow breaking of the undead's grip on the land. Return to the Barrier to see the fruits of your hard work, and continue the fight against the remnant of Lyras!

-GM Abasha

P.S. The senci boulder and kadepa ingot will be remaining.

When the squirrels rule the world, my work will be complete.
Re: Beyond the Barrier -- New Treasure! 09/18/2014 04:31 PM CDT
Teaser, pleaser!

- Starlear, Warrior Mage and Lieutenant of Ilithi's Crystal Vanguard -

- I maintain the Warrior Mage Beginner's Guide at:

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Beginner%27s_Warrior_Mage_Guide
Re: Beyond the Barrier -- New Treasure! 09/18/2014 05:35 PM CDT
>>P.S. The senci boulder and kadepa ingot will be remaining.

Is anything leaving? I don't want my addiction to map hunts biting me in the butt so I miss out on the one or two random things I didn't grab as end treasure yet.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Beyond the Barrier -- New Treasure! 10/02/2014 02:31 PM CDT
Hey all,

Due to the recent events with GM Socharis's passing away and the subsequent blur of the two weeks that followed, not as many updates have gone into the quest as I was planning on having. This does not affect the quest's new treasure, but it does affect the flavor text and the responses of certain members of the Claw.

To make up for this inconvenience, all the end treasure that was previously in the quest will be remaining, and a new table of quest reward items to pick from has been added instead of replacing the old items. Incidental treasure has mostly been updated and replaced, however, so make sure you look in all the nooks and crannies of the quest extra hard!

-GM Abasha

When the squirrels rule the world, my work will be complete.
Re: Beyond the Barrier -- New Treasure! 10/02/2014 05:32 PM CDT
Thanks so much for all your work, and everyone else that has been too during this time.

I like to imagine that the popping sound of PD is kind of like the fire swamp.
Re: Beyond the Barrier -- New Treasure! 10/09/2014 02:14 AM CDT
As one of the highest Blacksmiths around, I was rather upset to hear that there were all these tool kits and that they had tyrium-quality tools in them, as I feared that they would basically eliminate virtually the entire Blacksmithing discipline. But information was still incomplete. So, I went on the quest and analyzed all the tools (and gave it to people more than willing to put it on E-pedia. Not that I don't mind putting it up myself, but it was a lot. And then there's going to be all the new and completely unlisted incidentals...).

On reflection, I'd have to say it's pretty balanced, being attractive prizes because superb tools, but not eliminating the need for blacksmiths, because they're not ALL superb. There's one 99-potency tool in each kit, and the rest of the tools in each set are set at what's pretty much 85-potency. So people can pick and get one great tool, of primary use for each craft, and have fluffy, ok-but-not-great tools that they'll need a blacksmith to get the rest of higher potency. And snazzy containers to keep the set in.

Now I'm going to have to collect them all. Kudos.

Kaeta Airtag

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Beyond the Barrier -- New Treasure! 10/09/2014 02:29 AM CDT
>new tools

Yes, I agree. The tools look awesome and definitely give folks a chance at some decent tools that look very snazzy, but preserves the need for people who want the best to make a more significant investment. I mean quests are significant, but to offer a whole set of top-quality tools just for playing tag-along on a quest just seems too much like "easy mode" to me. Most of all considering that the materials to make those top-quality tools is in short supply.

Salute a drowned sailor? You ought to brush up on your protocol, Kasto.