Kadepa Mail armor appraisals 06/21/2014 02:19 AM CDT
Here is how a full set of tempered/reinforced mail pattern chain armor turned out:

You feel certain that a kadepa mail balaclava appears to impose light (3/15) maneuvering hindrance and insignificant (1/15) stealth hindrance, offering:
high (7/15) protection and very great (12/18) damage absorption for puncture attacks.
high (7/15) protection and very great (12/18) damage absorption for slice attacks.
very good (6/15) protection and very great (12/18) damage absorption for impact attacks.
very good (6/15) protection and very high (10/18) damage absorption for fire attacks.
very good (6/15) protection and very high (10/18) damage absorption for cold attacks.
fair (3/15) protection and fair (5/18) damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing a kadepa mail balaclava you could expect your maneuvering to be barely (1/14) hindered and your stealth to be barely (1/14) hindered.

You are certain that the mail balaclava is nearly impervious to damage (17/18), and is in pristine condition (98-100%).

The mail balaclava is made with metal.
You are certain that the metal in the mail balaclava has a quality of 95, placing it at 'very pure' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the mail balaclava has a hardness of 85, placing it at 'very hard' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the mail balaclava has a durability of 80, placing it at 'great durability' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the mail balaclava has a workability of 95, placing it at 'extremely easy to work with' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the mail balaclava has an electrical resistance of 40, placing it at 'a very good conductor of electricity' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the mail balaclava has a thermal resistance of 80, placing it at 'poor at transferring heat and cold' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the mail balaclava has a physical resistance of 94, placing it at 'incredibly good at repelling physical blows' on the official Trader's Scale.
The mail balaclava is quite supple.
You are certain that the mail balaclava weighs exactly 184 stones.
You are certain that the mail balaclava is worth exactly 1340671 Kronars.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.

You are certain that the mail shirt weighs exactly 440 stones.
You are certain that the mail greaves weighs exactly 139 stones.
You are certain that the mail gloves weighs exactly 75 stones.

The metal appears to be composed of: 67.00% kadepa, and 33.00% platinum.
Re: Kadepa Mail armor appraisals 06/21/2014 07:25 AM CDT
Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Kadepa Mail armor appraisals 06/21/2014 08:06 AM CDT
was it pure or was it weighted with platinum, seems pretty light to be mixed with platinum.
Re: Kadepa Mail armor appraisals 06/21/2014 08:11 AM CDT
<<The metal appears to be composed of: 67.00% kadepa, and 33.00% platinum.
Re: Kadepa Mail armor appraisals 06/21/2014 08:43 AM CDT
> seems pretty light to be mixed with platinum

.67 * 5.2 + .33 * 9 = 6.454 density.

6.454 density * 24 vol = 154 stones base

154 * 1.2 = 184 stones reinforced
Re: Kadepa Mail armor appraisals 06/21/2014 09:03 AM CDT
For those of us who are forging stupid, could you guys compare that to, say, tyrium or kertig at similar weighting/form/etc.?

Worth picking up if you can find someone to work it?

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Kadepa Mail armor appraisals 06/21/2014 09:11 AM CDT
Kadepa is fairly comparable to damite. The major difference is that damite is very hard to work with, while kadepa is very easy, so you're much more likely to find someone who can make you what you want.

Other than being so much easier to craft with, you should think of it as kertig-level for armor.
Re: Kadepa Mail armor appraisals 06/21/2014 09:19 AM CDT
>>kadepa is very easy

Dramatic understatement. It is literally the easiest metal to work with. Easier than lead. Someone who couldn't work basic steel could possibly work with this.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Kadepa Mail armor appraisals 06/21/2014 09:44 AM CDT
> Dramatic understatement.

True. To give some perspective: 1000 ranks is more than enough to make a laminar hauberk (tier 11, the penultimate level) out of kadepa; 1600 ranks + career isn't enough to make the same item from damite.
Re: Kadepa Mail armor appraisals 06/21/2014 04:30 PM CDT
<<For those of us who are forging stupid, could you guys compare that to, say, tyrium or kertig at similar weighting/form/etc.?

Sorry, last 24 hours have been kind of a clusterpoop for me.

this is Damite armor equivalent in most ways. the most noticeable difference being that it has much better thermal protection. All in all, if you're planning on hunting lava drake, wyvern, et cetera and wear metal armor, this is a huge find. I wear vardite mail, same basic mix and reinforced mainly but for firebreathers I'm bringing out the kadepa thermal undies.

As an aside, I'm available for forging if anyone wants to have some made. Stop by for a consult, or if you know what you want, bring me the metal and money. =)

For weapons its basically steel.
Re: Kadepa Mail armor appraisals 06/21/2014 05:18 PM CDT
Another thing to keep in mind is that kadepa has a lower density than damite, as well. 5.2 vs 6.0

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Kadepa Mail armor appraisals 06/21/2014 05:41 PM CDT
One more question: is the metal on offer from the quest enough to make a full suit (even pieced out)? If not, how many runs, for chain and plate?

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Kadepa Mail armor appraisals 06/21/2014 06:22 PM CDT
>>One more question: is the metal on offer from the quest enough to make a full suit (even pieced out)? If not, how many runs, for chain and plate?

Two runs was enough (80 volume) with weighting to make a robe/sleeves/balaclava mail set. It would have taken a few more volume to do the hauberk/gloves/balaclava instead.
Re: Kadepa Mail armor appraisals 06/21/2014 07:05 PM CDT
My set required 2 runs and I had some leftover.

<<No, I get to be an evil sociopath and psychopath when I want to, and kill babies for fun when I want to, but when game events start up, you don't have any right to treat me like a thieving murdering evil villain, you have to respect my rights to go
Re: Kadepa Mail armor appraisals 06/21/2014 11:50 PM CDT
Just something I would caution. No one knows how the metals will enchant yet. It has been said certain metals will enchant better then other and certain mixes blah blah blah I am not saying dont use your kadepa, but there is a very good chance Kadepa will be a virtual magic null metal needing vast amount of other metals to allow it to hold an enchantment. Just food for thought.

Kadepa could either be amazing or quite terrible at enchanting.
Re: Kadepa Mail armor appraisals 06/22/2014 12:21 AM CDT
Kodius commented on it. Kadepa will 'somewhat' enchant.