Starting Point 06/11/2014 07:00 PM CDT
Do we have to be any special place to leave out for this quest? Or will it pick us up from wherever we're standing at the time?
Re: Starting Point 06/11/2014 07:29 PM CDT
Where ever you are.
Re: Starting Point 06/11/2014 07:31 PM CDT
>>Where ever you are.

Much obliged.
Re: Starting Point 06/11/2014 08:12 PM CDT
As far as I'm aware, every quest will auto-grab you, as long as you are not standing in a teleport warded zone.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Starting Point 06/11/2014 11:16 PM CDT
And if it somehow manages to miss you, the GM running the quest will manually move you if you REPORT.
Re: Starting Point -> Ending Point 06/12/2014 12:22 AM CDT
It's also worth nothing that it will also drop you off where it picked you up, not at a general set location as many other quests do. This was relevant tonight to our group's desire to get together and divvy up the incidental loot after the quest, having returned to disparate parts of Elanthia and having to wait for people to scramble about to converge for loot sharing, with not everyone making it.

-Broichan Leshyahen

> hum tuneless
You hum a tuneless tune.
Re: Starting Point 06/12/2014 06:17 AM CDT
>>And if it somehow manages to miss you, the GM running the quest will manually move you if you REPORT.

While we do try to have GMs around to manually fix things in case something about the quest goes wonky, and we do monitor things especially for early runs of new quests, GMs don't really directly run the quests and on some quest runs there may not be any GMs around in game. Please try to be in the game and not in a movement warded area (vaults and such) at least 30 minutes before your quest's scheduled run time in order to be safe. This helps to cut down on a lot of chances to miss being gathered for your quest. If you do happen to not get gathered and your REPORT does not get responded to, please email quests@simutronics.com and they may be able to help you out as far as getting into a different run or the like, depending on your reason for missing the quest gathering.

-Persida
Re: Starting Point 06/12/2014 06:36 AM CDT
<<While we do try to have GMs around to manually fix things in case something about the quest goes wonky, and we do monitor things especially for early runs of new quests, GMs don't really directly run the quests

That is what I meant. But...

<<and on some quest runs there may not be any GMs around in game.

...this is complete news to me. I thought it had been explicitly stated at least a few times over the years that a quest run would never be scheduled without a GM also being scheduled.
Re: Starting Point -> Ending Point 06/12/2014 06:44 AM CDT
>It's also worth nothing that it will also drop you off where it picked you up, not at a general set location as many other quests do.

which quests still do that? The only thing I've run recently (past year or two) was tower/riot1/riot2/barrier, they all dropped you off at your starting point. I can't remember what gnome and Dunshade do.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Starting Point -> Ending Point 06/12/2014 06:53 AM CDT
<< I can't remember what gnome and Dunshade do.

Dunshade drops you off inside the manor in Riverhaven. I don't know about the Gnome quest.
Re: Starting Point -> Ending Point 06/12/2014 08:41 AM CDT
<I don't know about the Gnome quest.

Gnome will pick you up as well, but I recall the first time I ran it (when it was re-released in the modern kanton/riot/tower era) I remember being able to walk to it. I'm unfamiliar if that feature still works though.

Nikpack
Re: Starting Point -> Ending Point 06/12/2014 08:59 AM CDT
IIRC, every quest currently open picks you up.

All new quests drop you off where they picked you up.

Dunshade drops you off at Riverhaven (at Dunshade!)
Gnome drops you off by Crossing (I think near the NE gate?)
Ghost Ship drops you off at either Ratha or Crossing (but maybe Riverhaven)

Not sure how the Safaris work.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Starting Point -> Ending Point 06/12/2014 09:16 AM CDT
<<Not sure how the Safaris work.

Safari's are entered via a portal similar to paid festivals. I think Taisidon Safari's entrance is only in Riverhaven by the meeting portal, but that is based on the first time it was run years and years ago so I could be misremembering and/or it has changed.
Re: Starting Point -> Ending Point 06/12/2014 09:20 AM CDT
I assume its everywhere, I got there via a portal in Shard.

- Starlear, Warrior Mage and Lieutenant of Ilithi's Crystal Vanguard -

- I maintain the Warrior Mage Beginner's Guide at:

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Beginner%27s_Warrior_Mage_Guide
Re: Starting Point 06/12/2014 01:32 PM CDT
>> re: GMs and quests --That is what I meant. But...

What I meant was that there aren't GMs assigned to specifically monitor quest runs in general, but if any of us are around we'll pop over to fix stuff if it goes crazy. The only time that a quest is really specifically monitored these days is during its very earliest runs where we're still expecting a very real possibility that things may be buggy since players always find stuff that gets missed in internal testing.

I do believe that there was a point in time before quests were more automated where GMs did more directly monitor the runs, but that's not necessarily always the case these days due to how things on the back end function now. I know I was surprised about this when I joined staff, because I too had hazy memories of being told that there were GMs set up for monitoring quest runs, so that's why I responded as I did. I figured many might not realize that this is no longer the case, and so I didn't want anyone to think any REPORTs were being ignored if they are sent and not responded to. It's really just that every now and then a quest runs and none of us are around.

-Persida