Down the road idea... 06/09/2014 07:30 AM CDT
I had a great time, and great group for my Saturday night run! Thanks.

I would love it if after the quest has run it's course a little, we could have some sort of a safari-type event that takes you back beyond the barrier. Maybe revolving around IG events to rebuild the hub, etc?

You say, "Tada."

WHAM
A sudden burst of oily smelling air strikes you in the face.
Re: Down the road idea... 06/09/2014 10:35 AM CDT
I'm not much of a safari fan, but I'd love to return to the setting. Barrier2, quelling the uprising! I liked the progression of riot1-riot2, and would love to see more sequential quests.

I'd also love to see quests with partial-items you could pick up from the incidental and assemble by going on all the different ones (like riot1 has 1 part, riot2 has 1 part, barrier has 1 part. Please exclude crap like the maze).

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Down the road idea... 06/09/2014 11:09 AM CDT
After my Sunday run I just wanted to mention, doing this as a group with a single person being vastly higher in skill than all the others turns into a nightmare.

It was fun, I enjoyed the area and the feel of the place, but our entire run literally just hid out at the safe rooms while one person did all the quest killing stuff, I feel like the system is spawning for the higher skill way too much, or perhaps they could spawn more localized to the players, as a 10~ room path was littered with things no one else could touch. Unfortunately, it resulted in at least a full hour worth of people sitting around bleeding waiting for character X to do the work since he was the only one that could survive it.

Other than that, amazing quest, I'll definitely look into doing this again, hopefully with the chance to look around a bit more and not get xbow'd to death everywhere.

Thanks for the hard work making this!
Re: Down the road idea... 06/09/2014 12:59 PM CDT
I'd love the idea of sequential events.

However, our group too got handicapped to some degree as to the combat capabilities of the trash. Honestly, I'm extremely thankful that we had 4 people that could actually get the job done, with our empath being robust enough to survive occasionally getting smacked. The rest of us were utterly useless.

Makes you truly wish for a better flexing system that took every individual into account rather than the highest individual.

If you act like prey, do not blame me for acting like the predator I am.
DR_Shaidval @ AIM
Re: Down the road idea... 06/09/2014 01:55 PM CDT
Yeah, we had only one person able to fight and no empath.

Strangely I've been on a number of quests at this point and never had such a rough time of poor flexing as with this one, maybe it's because this quest promotes everyone sticking together more than most.

Either way it would be a massive improvement to look at how it's handled, especially with regards to the first collection and final mass kill parts, the boss fights were spot on(in my opinion.)
Re: Down the road idea... 06/09/2014 02:30 PM CDT
A return sometime in the future would be really awesome, but I can't promise anything at this point!

On the issue of flexing:

There was an issue with the first half of the flexing on the last run where they were coming out stronger than intended. There was also an issue where some creatures were spawning when they shouldn't have. Both issues are fixed now.

One thing to keep in mind while running the quest is that if everyone hides away in a safe room except one really strong person, the creatures are going to flex to that person (and thus be really strong). One strategy you can use if you have a disparate group is for the weaker members of the group to go to one location while the stronger people go to another.

-GM Abasha

When the squirrels rule the world, my work will be complete.
Re: Down the road idea... 06/09/2014 04:18 PM CDT
But Abasha, that violates the #1 rule! "Never split the group!" ;)

If you act like prey, do not blame me for acting like the predator I am.
DR_Shaidval @ AIM
Re: Down the road idea... 06/09/2014 05:05 PM CDT
Our group will never be split, there will only be group hugs, and friendship bonds made to last a lifetime.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Down the road idea... 06/09/2014 05:56 PM CDT
>with brawling gear having 2 kinds of appraisals and noone really knowing what any of it actually does, it's hard to tell...

I know what they do! :P

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Down the road idea... 06/09/2014 06:14 PM CDT
one's a multiplier to damage type done, and one's like an extra increase on top of damage done? but which is better? and then some have both...

riot quest gore handwraps

You are certain that it could do:
no puncture damage increase
some slice damage
fair impact damage increase

forged ones (i think they app like/close the jagged hang claws)

You are certain that it could do:
a lot of puncture damage
a lot of slice damage
a little impact damage

anywho... foot claws!
Re: Down the road idea... 06/09/2014 08:17 PM CDT
>one's a multiplier to damage type done, and one's like an extra increase on top of damage done? but which is better? and then some have both...

The standard one is exactly that. It replaces any brawling damage from stats.
The increase type instead adds an amount to the existing stat damage. However GM Kodius has indicated that is not exactly working as intended and is far less useful than the other kind.
Both override any brawling damage from armor.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Down the road idea... 06/09/2014 11:43 PM CDT

Best. Quest. Ever.
Re: Down the road idea... 06/10/2014 12:30 AM CDT
I had a tremendous amount of fun on this quest. I still think the price is a little high, but it was very entertaining. I may be biased a little because I've always wanted to do what this quest allowed me to do.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Down the road idea... 06/10/2014 07:43 AM CDT
Yes, this quest was great. Awesome work, GMs.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade