Prev_page Previous 1
NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/27/2014 03:22 PM CDT
You thought she was gone for good.
You thought that she was finally and truly destroyed.
You were wrong.

The last remnant of Lyras has been discovered by the Claw of Tenemlor, and they seek your aid in ridding it from the land. Lyras, the necromancer who attempted, and nearly succeeded, in scouring the land of all life, still clings to existence in some form, trapped in the far west. Travel Beyond the Barricade to rid the land of this threat once and for all!

Tickets are currently on sale for Prime. Arrangements will be made to coordinate with Plat and Fallen players for their runs.

https://www.play.net/dr/quests/list_slots.asp?questID=259

Solomon
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/27/2014 03:33 PM CDT
Is there an estimated time for how long the quest will take? A decent ball park. I want to sign up for one, and not sure if 2.5 hrs is long enough.
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/27/2014 03:35 PM CDT
Approximately 4 hours.

Solomon
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/27/2014 04:13 PM CDT
Will there be a loot preview, and/or a map, like riot and dagger? Any unique mechanics like the killing fields? Is there a first run prize like dagger?

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/27/2014 04:24 PM CDT
>Is there a first run prize like dagger?

From the event page https://www.play.net/dr/news.asp?id=1274 :
EARLY BIRD BONUS! All questers who participate in one of the first thirty (30) quest runs at the introductory price will be able to choose between two very special limited edition items that will never, ever be offered again!

A Moon Mage bars your way, whispering "I am afraid you are not on the list I have Kasto. Maybe some other time?"
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/27/2014 05:42 PM CDT
>>From the event page https://www.play.net/dr/news.asp?id=1274 :
>>EARLY BIRD BONUS! All questers who participate in one of the first thirty (30) quest runs at the introductory price will be able to choose between two very special limited edition items that will never, ever be offered again!

If we go twice can we get both? Or is it a once per account/character/first time only kind of thing?
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/27/2014 05:52 PM CDT
Yes.

I don't know why you'd think otherwise based on the statement of "ALL Questers who participate..."

If it was limited to one item only per account, they would state that explicitly. They know people would want to know this and would be pissed if they hadn't mentioned it.

It's just like the Kanton's tiny pouches. I've got 3-5 of them.

Blackguard Danoryiel

"Sogan udazama umbunor fau arrazoi inishatu seiremisai. (Only the fallen have nothing to despair)"
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/27/2014 05:55 PM CDT
<<If we go twice can we get both? Or is it a once per account/character/first time only kind of thing?>>

There are no limits on tickets on this one.

Solomon
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/27/2014 05:57 PM CDT
Does that mean the two items you get to choose from are a extra gift like the pouch was? Or just an extra thing we choose from at the end from the prize list?

On a whim...: http://www.lostonawhim.com/

The Zoluren army asks, "We're um.... really sorry about the clubhouse and all... so uh... are we cool?"

Train? Why? I'll get there eventually...
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/27/2014 06:02 PM CDT
That would be my question as well.. are the very special limited edition items we get to choose from.. in addition to the quest loot? so if we go early we essentially get two prizes?

beyond that.. sounds like a lot of fun!

Would love some loot teasers :)
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/27/2014 06:47 PM CDT
>>I don't know why you'd think otherwise based on the statement of "ALL Questers who participate..."

Nitpicking semantics and wanting to be sure I wouldn't regret spending sixty bucks mostly; The "participate in one of..." part could have easily gone the other way.

>>There are no limits on tickets on this one.

The clarification was appreciated. I've Grabbed my pair now, but still:

>>Would love some loot teasers :)
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/27/2014 06:50 PM CDT
Oh another question, does the bonus items bond?

The Zoluren army asks, "We're um.... really sorry about the clubhouse and all... so uh... are we cool?"

Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/27/2014 07:10 PM CDT
In addition to the standard end-quest loot you receive, players who attend the any of the first 30 runs of the quest will get to choose one of two additional items. Those two items will be limited edition and will never be available after the first 30 runs are completed. The items do not bond.

So yes, they're like the Kanton's Pouches, but instead of being given a pouch, you will choose one of the two special items.

Solomon
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/27/2014 07:32 PM CDT
Thanks Solomon!

Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/27/2014 08:29 PM CDT
4 hours to finish? or does it average about 4?

yeah, a list of the end prizes, tiers, apps, monster names, spoilers, maps, highlights, walk-through, and if there was a script that'd auto-win that you could set up for us too... well, maybe a couple of those...

Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/27/2014 11:43 PM CDT
For clarity: The extra items are only for the first 30 runs? 17 listed official runs so the rest are expected to be private runs? Is there any indication anywhere of how many more runs are left? I'm trying to put together a private group but will just go alone if things are expected to disappear super quick.

-= Alesche =-
Mountain Elf - Historian - Free Empath of the Crystal Tower
Heavy RPer Looking for Connections!
AIM: DRAlesche
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/28/2014 12:10 AM CDT
>>For clarity: The extra items are only for the first 30 runs?

Yep!

>>17 listed official runs so the rest are expected to be private runs?

Or just 17 up so far, with 13 more to come.

>>I'm trying to put together a private group but will just go alone if things are expected to disappear super quick.

I strongly doubt that they'll let someone go on the run solo to get a limited prize like this. I also doubt this is the kind of quest you can [easily] solo.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/28/2014 01:12 AM CDT
Oh I didn't meant literally solo, just solo as in "not with a private run" :)

-= Alesche =-
Mountain Elf - Historian - Free Empath of the Crystal Tower
Heavy RPer Looking for Connections!
AIM: DRAlesche
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/28/2014 12:51 PM CDT
We won't be scheduling private runs until after the first 30 runs are completed.

The other 13 runs are getting posted soon. I was sort of waiting to see if there were any requests for runs earlier in the day, or I could just continue to focus on runs during afternoons/evenings.

Solomon
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/28/2014 01:19 PM CDT
And yes, we'll be posting more info about loot and such.

I understand some people have concerns about end-loot, as there are some runners who want to make sure there's something that appeals to them, but I would really advise against waiting for that if you're keen on the earlybird gift. However, I don't want this to turn into a "man, I signed up and there's nothing but junk, this sucks, this quest sucks, you suck, etc.", so I won't say any more than that.

I will say that the special gift will be used in a brand new system. It's NOT something that will improve your skills or stats or anything like that, but it's a LOT of fun for participants and spectators alike. It requires two people, so the early bird quest runners are going to be the first people that get to play with it for a few weeks.

Solomon
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/28/2014 01:21 PM CDT
I'll also say that Abasha played a HUGE role in this quest design and development, so if you're a fan of her work, this fact might be relevant to your interests.

Solomon
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/28/2014 05:52 PM CDT
Personally I would like one run at 4am. But not sure how many others do.
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/28/2014 05:52 PM CDT
Thank you for making a new quest. I look forward to playing with it!

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/28/2014 08:22 PM CDT
This looks fun, Im in.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/28/2014 08:27 PM CDT
More Monday and Tuesday afternoon runs on the second release please :)

Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/28/2014 10:52 PM CDT

Anyone in the Thursday June 12 run were gonna meet up a few days before and hug. I'll shoot out details in a few days.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/29/2014 01:50 PM CDT
Clothing is optional for front and side hugs.
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/29/2014 02:21 PM CDT
Just out of curiousity, what about quests later at night, especially on the weekends? I never see anything past 8pm EST or so, and as someone from the West Coast, I would love to run a quest starting later than that. Is there just no interest?
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/29/2014 07:20 PM CDT
I filled out the rest of the month with quest runs, including some afternoon weekday runs and some late, late weekday and weekend runs.

Will slip more into July in a few days. If we get enough interest in a weekday morning run, I'll set one or two of those up, as well.

Solomon
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 05/29/2014 10:15 PM CDT
<<I'll also say that Abasha played a HUGE role in this quest design and development, so if you're a fan of her work, this fact might be relevant to your interests.>>

Excellent. Looking forward to this one. I'm going to go out on a limb and wager there will be really cool spooky stuff.
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 06/01/2014 10:34 PM CDT
I'm interested in going on the 12th. Let me know my AIM is Mrhankey939.

Luck is nothing more than opportunity meeting preparation.
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 06/02/2014 01:21 AM CDT
This may have been asked already, but will there be an item list and a heads up on what the early bird special will be?
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 06/02/2014 02:06 AM CDT
>This may have been asked already, but will there be an item list and a heads up on what the early bird special will be?

That question has been answered and here is the link.

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Events%20and%20Happenings%20in%20DragonRealms'%20Elanthia/Beyond%20the%20Barrier/view/20

Blackguard Danoryiel

"Sogan udazama umbunor fau arrazoi inishatu seiremisai. (Only the fallen have nothing to despair)"
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 06/02/2014 02:16 AM CDT

Guess I should have just kept my mouth closed and waited patiently.
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 06/02/2014 08:55 AM CDT
<<Guess I should have just kept my mouth closed and waited patiently.

It's a difficult thing to do really; I've started endlessly refreshing the forums in hope of an update. I keep telling myself, "It'll be here soon."

Nikpack
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 06/02/2014 08:56 AM CDT
>>Guess I should have just kept my mouth closed and waited patiently.

>It's a difficult thing to do really; I've started endlessly refreshing the forums in hope of an update. I keep telling myself, "It'll be here soon."

You're not the only one in that boat. :)

A brief, unbidden thought crosses your mind that you just implicated yourself and Anjinson in the murder of Terald Sanfala. You wonder if anyone will notice.
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 06/02/2014 10:01 AM CDT
Ya. I'd love to grab a ticket but honestly, the 'early prize is a new system AND requires two people' was a deal breaker. I solo play.

But mostly I'm not wanting to drop 30$ on a quest till I can be sure the 'prizes' are worth, comparatively, 2-3 tower/riot runs, including scrip. Obviously not an issue for most players!

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 06/06/2014 10:08 AM CDT

Soooo it's the day of... when are we going to see this loot list? 2015?
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 06/06/2014 10:16 AM CDT
>>Soooo it's the day of... when are we going to see this loot list? 2015?

If (big big big big big big big big big big IF) Solomon gives the thumbs up for me to put end loot (and only end loot) into epedia, I can do it later today.

Unless a GM does it here, at which point I'll probably just dump that stuff into epedia. Whatever!

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: NEW QUEST - Beyond the Barrier 06/06/2014 10:18 AM CDT
Abasha will be posting it here as soon as she can. She's been focused on making sure the quest is ready to go and, after a short break for a nap last night, was up super late after the Plat run fixing and tweaking based on her notes.

Feel free to post your list on Epedia, though.

Solomon
Prev_page Previous 1