The Priestess, the Adventurers, and the Elf Commoner. 09/30/2018 05:48 PM CDT
An excerpt from some of the great RP'ing that went on today.

[14:07] [Temple Grounds, Cobblestone Path]
[14:07] A small wooden shrine lies to the north of the cobblestone road, the southern side of the path cradled by the protective walls surrounding the grounds area. A stubby stool stands before the shrine, allowing one to sit and seek audience with their deity.
[14:07] You also see a Elf commoner.
[14:07] Also here: Shyduska, Professor Vaila, Tiliandria, Forging Guru Arindell and Inquisitor Whiteburn who is emanating a malevolent holy aura.
[14:07] Obvious paths: northeast, west.
[14:07] Arindell calmly says, "The commoner is a zombie."
[14:07] Tiliandria gasps!
[14:07] Tiliandria points at a Elf commoner.
[14:08] Vaila blinks.
[14:08] Shyduska says, "Perhaps one of the Empath guild leaders would be able to assess a diseased body...Get a feel for this disease and if there's a means to prevent it."
[14:08] Arindell points her thumb at a Elf commoner.
[14:08] Tiliandria pats Whiteburn on the back.
[14:08] Tiliandria pats Whiteburn on the back.
[14:08] The Elf commoner says, "I am no such thing."
[14:08] Shyduska gazes at a Elf commoner.
[14:08] Whiteburn says, "You again."
[14:08] Tiliandria points at a Elf commoner.
[14:08] Whiteburn points at a rusted iron hook she has.
[14:08] The Elf commoner says, "I live..."
[14:08] Vaila asks, "You're a puppet then?"
[14:08] Arindell calmly says, "You are animated dead."
[14:08] Arindell calmly says, "That which should be inert."
[14:08] Arindell shrugs.
[14:08] Whiteburn coldly says, "Say what you will, elf."
[14:09] Vaila asks, "Where is the S'Kra?"
[14:09] Vaila squints at a Elf commoner.
[14:09] The Elf commoner says, "I am beyond your comprehension."
[14:09] Arindell calmly says, "I've percieved the stench of death on you."
[14:09] Vaila says, "I doubt it."
[14:09] Vaila says, "I can comprehend quite a bit."
[14:09] (Tiliandria speaks, although shakily, to the elf 'Who are you? What is the purpose of these things that have happened?')
[14:09] Shyduska asks, "Perhaps you'd care to enlighten us?"
[14:09] The Elf commoner says, "the smell of death, wafts off of more than just I in these lands."
[14:09] Shyduska smirks.
[14:09] Tiliandria sniffs at a Elf commoner.
[14:09] Vaila says, "And yet you add to it."
[14:09] Arindell calmly says, "Perhaps."
[14:09] Whiteburn says, "I have not the patience to bandy words with you. Your presence is offensive. Where is the boy? If you cannot speak, I will end you here."
[14:10] Shyduska's light crossbow snags while going over her shoulder. The bolt discharges suddenly, and soars past you. Shyduska needs to be more careful where that light crossbow is pointed!
[14:10] Arindell calmly says, "But neither a cleric, nor empath made you this way."
[14:10] Vaila blinks.
[14:10] Tiliandria blinks at Shyduska.
[14:10] The Elf commoner says, "Describe said young man to me. I have no need of children."
[14:10] Shyduska loads her light crossbow with a scale-painted quadrello.
[14:10] Whiteburn snorts, loudly.
[14:10] Whiteburn says, "And I have no need of undead puppets."
[14:10] Arindell gestures.
[14:10] Arindell's cambrinth morgawr emits a loud snap.
[14:10] Tapering ribbons of soft yellow extend across the area, pausing to dance in swirls and eddies.
[14:11] Vaila says, "The farmboy that the father was searching for."
[14:11] Tiliandria says, "There was a Young Man who came to this temple in search of answers for his father who.. came back from his own death.."
[14:11] Tiliandria says, "Do you know what became of the Young Man? None are able to find him."
[14:11] Arindell calmly asks, "Why are we giving the animated one information?"
[14:11] Vaila says, "A man that was dead and still aware."
[14:11] The Elf commoner asks, "That.... is interesting... Of his own will, he rose from the grave?"
[14:11] Tiliandria says, "We assume not."
[14:11] Vaila says, "He wasn't happy about rising, so."
[14:12] The field of silver-blue light dissipates from around Whiteburn.
[14:12] Arindell searches around for a moment.
[14:12] Tiliandria says, "His head fell off not too far after, as though some unhuman thing thought it funny to stich him together."
[14:12] Shyduska scans the area briefly.
[14:12] The Elf commoner says, "The priest can return him to death, I am sure."
[14:12] The soft silver glow fades from around Whiteburn.
[14:12] Shyduska asks, "And who is this priest?"
[14:12] Tiliandria says, "That already came to be. As though the time simply came to and end and he fell to dust."
[14:12] The Elf commoner asks, "Well, Whiteburn of course. What plans do you think she had for the lads father?"
[14:12] Whiteburn says, "He has been returned to death. As is the fate of all undead."
[14:13] Vaila says, "He felt though."
[14:13] Shyduska sighs.
[14:13] Vaila says, "That has to be important..."
[14:13] Vaila gnaws on her lip.
[14:13] The Elf commoner asks, "Are you sure, the boy... is a boy?"
[14:13] Shyduska asks, "What would make you think otherwise?"
[14:13] Shyduska peers quizzically at a Elf commoner.
[14:13] Tiliandria says, "He did not move with the illness and sickness his 'father' did."
[14:13] The Elf commoner says, "I feel, yet it is more than that."
[14:13] Shyduska places her hand over Tiliandria's mouth.
[14:14] Shyduska quietly says, "You give too much information away."
[14:14] (Arindell says to the commoner, "I am not so sure.")
[14:14] Tiliandria says, "I am certain he was of sound health and mind, if just because his arms weren't falling apart as well."
[14:14] The Elf commoner says, "Thralls are most often with their master that raised them..."
[14:14] Whiteburn asks, "Is that so? And tell us, why should we pay heed to the word of one that is, itself, a creation of undeath?"
[14:14] Tiliandria nods at Whiteburn, obviously agreeing with her views.
[14:14] Vaila asks, "So you're not a thrall?"
[14:14] Vaila peers quizzically at a Elf commoner.
[14:14] The Elf commoner says, "I may be many things, but I do not lie Whiteburn."
[14:15] Whiteburn asks, "Would you like me to test your innocence?"
[14:15] The Elf commoner asks, "en to Say Mine, or my masters? I have a hard time keeping our thoughts seperate..."
[14:16] Shyduska says, "Perhaps we should start with who your masters are."
[14:16] Vaila asks, "Who would your master be then?"
[14:16] Vaila begins chortling at Shyduska.
[14:16] Whiteburn says, "I would advise you to answer their questions."
[14:16] The glowing aura fades from around Whiteburn.
[14:17] The Elf commoner says, "You know my master well. He bares the mark of the Hunger upon his skin."
[14:17] Vaila says, "If it meant harm, it would have attacked..."
[14:17] Shyduska quietly asks, "This one doesn't fear death. Violence isn't a suitable exchange. But perhaps something else is?"
[14:17] Vaila asks, "Is your master Talinel?"
[14:17] Arindell calmly asks, "His name?"
[14:17] Vaila takes a dark grey suede war belt with an interlocking clasp of ivory fangs off from around her waist.
[14:17] Vaila puts her belt in her backpack.
[14:17] Vaila takes a lumium ring balaclava off her head.
[14:17] Vaila puts her balaclava in her backpack.
[14:17] Vaila pulls off some lumium ring gloves from her hands.
[14:17] Vaila puts her gloves in her backpack.
[14:17] Vaila removes some insulated linen pants from her legs.
[14:17] Vaila puts her pants in her backpack.
[14:17] Vaila works her way out of an insulated linen shirt.
[14:17] Vaila puts her shirt in her backpack.
[14:17] Vaila loosens the straps securing her round sipar and removes it.
[14:17] Vaila puts her sipar in her backpack.
[14:18] Arindell ponders.
[14:18] The Elf commoner says, "Indeed Vaila."
[14:18] Whiteburn says, "Do not allow the puppet to sway you."
[14:18] Vaila asks, "So...are you saying that you have your own thoughts apart from your master?"
[14:18] Shyduska says, "Tell us your name. It is only proper we address you if we are to speak."
[14:18] Shyduska's war tent shifts and rustles a bit, the sounds of soft snorts followed by snoring emanating from it.
[14:18] Vaila nods to Shyduska.
[14:18] Whiteburn says, "It is an abomination of flesh, sewn together by fell magics. Whatever name it once had, is not its own."
[14:19] The Elf commoner says, "Jensia is my name."
[14:19] Shyduska says, "Jensia."
[14:19] Shyduska nods.
[14:19] Vaila folds her arms across her chest.
[14:19] Whiteburn growls low in the back of her throat.
[14:19] Shyduska says, "And mine is Shyduska. We only wish to understand more."
[14:20] Shyduska says, "You said you had masters Jensia."
[14:20] Arindell holds a cambrinth morgawr with vacant blackwater jet eyes in both hands and closes her eyes in concentration.
[14:20] Shyduska asks, "Who are the others?"
[14:20] The Elf commoner says, "The things from between the spaces... the void... the things other than the immortals that grant favor and boons."
[14:20] Whiteburn says to Shyduska, "Can you not see? This creature's master is, itself, a thrall of demons."
[14:21] Vaila says to Whiteburn, "There's no harm in speaking, if he meant harm he could have caused harm I imagine. Or at least tried."
[14:21] Arindell gestures.
[14:21] Arindell's cambrinth morgawr emits a loud snap.
[14:21] Tapering ribbons of soft yellow extend across the area, pausing to dance in swirls and eddies.
[14:21] Whiteburn shakes her head.
[14:21] Shyduska says to Whiteburn, "I see clearly."
[14:21] Whiteburn says, "There is no use in bandying words with such."
[14:21] Shyduska says to Whiteburn, "Jensia is our only current lead."
[14:21] The Elf commoner says, "Most seek to destory me. It angers my master very much so. I carry life in my body, weather you acknowledge it or not."
[14:21] Vaila asks, "Jensia, you were there with your master earlier when he spoke to me. Were you forced to be there?"
[14:21] Whiteburn says, "It has no knowledge."
[14:22] Arindell calmly asks, "What is your definition of life?"
[14:22] The Elf commoner asks, "To wish to remain alive?"
[14:22] The air around Whiteburn shimmers with a weak yellow light that quickly disperses.
[14:23] Whiteburn coldly says, "An undead vessel does not 'wish'."
[14:23] Arindell calmly says, "You carry life in your body, you say. what is your definition of that life you carry."
[14:23] The Elf commoner says, "My master can control me, when he does not. I tend to explore the hill sides."
[14:23] Shyduska gazes at a Elf commoner.
[14:23] Vaila asks, "...why do you explore?"
[14:23] Shyduska asks, "Is that where you were from, when living?"
[14:23] Arindell calmly says, "I see a fell magic that has wrought a creation that may or may not have access to the memories it once had."
[14:23] Whiteburn asks, "And we have only your 'word' - the word of a puppet, that your master is not controlling your words right at this very moment?"
[14:23] Arindell calmly says, "That does not mean, so much, that it lives."
[14:23] Arindell calmly says, "More that it merely serves."
[14:24] The Elf commoner asks, "Perhaps... I oncede enjoyed wildflowers? I recall them having a scent... now I only smell decay."
[14:24] Whiteburn nods at Arindell, obviously agreeing with her views.
[14:24] Arindell calmly says, "Purposes."
[14:24] Shyduska nods to Arindell.
[14:24] Tiliandria says, "If i may."
[14:24] Vaila nods.
[14:24] Shyduska asks, "And when you are under his control, what is it you do?"
[14:25] Tiliandria curiously asks, "Why did you come seeking us out?"
[14:25] Arindell calmly says to Shyduska, "Master's biddings i assume."
[14:25] Whiteburn says, "Indeed."
[14:25] Vaila says, "That's what I was just about to say..."
[14:25] Tiliandria inquiringly asks, "Did you come here just to make us aware of your presence?"
[14:25] Whiteburn says, "Do not be fooled into thinking that this creature acts of its own will."
[14:25] The soft white glow fades from around Vaila.
[14:25] Shyduska asks Arindell, "Wouldn't it be a curious thing to understand his master's motivations?"
[14:25] The Elf commoner says, "I was drawn to the priest of Drogor. Once I arrived, I could feel no other directive."
[14:25] Tiliandria ponders.
[14:26] Shyduska jots down some notes.
[14:26] Whiteburn says to Shyduska, "Matter-of-factly His master's motivation is clear."
[14:26] Arindell calmly says to Shyduska, "There are many different motivations I can see."
[14:26] The soft white glow fades from around Tiliandria.
[14:26] Vaila sighs.
[14:26] Arindell calmly says, "Um."
[14:26] Tiliandria says, "So mayhaps you were indeed sent here by your master just show your presence.."
[14:26] The Elf commoner says, "He knows where you are now... I feel him climbing hills and muttering foul phrases..."
[14:26] Arindell chuckles.
[14:26] Tiliandria frowns.
[14:26] Shyduska asks Whiteburn, "Which is?"
[14:26] Tiliandria asks, "He is... coming?"
[14:26] Whiteburn gestures over the rainbow orb, muttering tones of enchantment!

[14:26] The rainbow orb is wreathed in a shroud of misty white light. Suddenly, the shroud begins to fray into wispy tendrils that seem to mimic the motions of Whiteburn's arcane gestures. Slowly the tendrils meld with the orb, sinking into its core as it sets off a luminous glow.
[14:27] Vaila asks, "Is there any way at all that you could prove that your words are your own?"
[14:27] Arindell calmly says to Whiteburn, "That one at the alter was of Drogor."
[14:27] Whiteburn asks Arindell, "Who at which altar?"
[14:27] Tiliandria asks, "Why is he coming here? What does he want?"
[14:27] Arindell calmly says, "..with the ceremonial blade."
[14:27] Arindell calmly says, "When i contacted you first."
[14:28] The Elf commoner says, "They are my words, but they are not. I am not purposly being obtuse..."
[14:28] You hear a voice say, "Soon, Jensia will be back under his control. Perhaps we should move or recruit others before he arrives."
[14:28] Vaila says, "L."
[14:28] Vaila coughs.
[14:28] Whiteburn says, "This has gone on long enough."
[14:28] Arindell calmly says, "The clergy were speaking with him as he was lying on the floor."
[14:28] Whiteburn begins to focus intently on Vaila.
[14:29] The Elf commoner says, "please do not strike me"
[14:29] Vaila blinks.
[14:29] Whiteburn begins to focus intently on a Elf commoner.
[14:29] Whiteburn coldly exclaims, "Return to the Void!"
[14:29] The Elf commoner says, "I can do no harm to anyone."
[14:29] You hear a voice say, "Jensia has a soul....Somewhere.."
[14:29] Whiteburn exclaims, "You are unclean!"
[14:29] Whiteburn exclaims, "An abomination!"
[14:29] Arindell calmly says, "I believe she is not going to heed that request."
[14:29] The Elf commoner exclaims, "But I live!!!!"
[14:29] Whiteburn gestures at a Elf commoner.
[14:29] A dull red glow encases the Elf commoner's right hand as tendrils of ghostly mist materialize, wrapping around its fingers and crushing them into mere useless stubs.
[14:29] Whiteburn raises her hook up, and a golden glow surrounds it.
[14:29] Vaila sighs.
[14:30] Whiteburn wildly exclaims, "In the name of Drogor, I cleanse you of this sickness of Necromancy and return you to death's embrace!"
[14:30] A dazzling hummingbird lifts its head and nuzzles Shyduska's ear before warbling a heart-rending melody.
[14:30] Whiteburn begins to focus intently on a Elf commoner.
[14:30] Vaila says, "I don't think this is right."
[14:30] Whiteburn gestures at a Elf commoner.
[14:30] The Elf commoner's neck suddenly collapses inward, withering away into nothing as its unsupported head falls limp to the ground. A strange black mist pours from its open maw as it stares blankly toward the heavens.
[14:30] A Elf commoner crumples to the ground, and desperately tries to stand up again. However, her wounds prove too severe, and she relaxes after a moment, her body going still.
[14:30] Shyduska gnaws on her lip.
[14:31] Shyduska says, "There was a part of her that was still... Alive... Somewhere... Perhaps this foul magic can be reversed."
[14:31] Whiteburn says, "It is right. It is the only answer. This was not a person. Not an elf. This was a remnant, a sad, miserable remnant of life."
[14:31] Vaila says, "Wait..."
[14:31] Whiteburn asks Vaila, "Would you wish that upon yourself? Upon your loved ones?"
[14:31] Vaila says, "Forgive my ignorance please but..."
[14:31] A Elf commoner stares upward, then slowly closes her eyes as she sinks into the earth. Soon her body is gone entirely, leaving only her belongings behind.

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Thanks for being in my corner Solomon, come back soon.
Re: The Priestess, the Adventurers, and the Elf Commoner. 09/30/2018 08:44 PM CDT
Spooky stuffs....

:D

Iocanthe
Doing stuff