exterior home decoration 03/24/2021 04:11 PM CDT
I feel stoopid asking this, but I have a freestanding home just outside Haven:

You study an ivy-covered granite block chateau carefully. It seems to be a freestanding home, with a window, located in an upperclass rural area.
Any race or guild could live here.
This particular home is owned by someone already.

I've purchased the following and want to add it to the home, but PUTting the item (PUT ROSES ON CHATEAU)
doesn't work. Help! :)
study roses
You carefully examine some vibrant red roses, but see nothing special.
>look roses
This customization can be used with any normal freestanding home type home.

Example of what this customization could look like...
A nice freestanding home with vibrant red roses and ivy twining across the arch of its door.
[To use this customization, PUT roses ON {HOME}.]
>
Re: exterior home decoration 03/24/2021 05:41 PM CDT
>>This particular home is owned by someone already.<<

Not sure if this might help but 1- are you putting it on the right home?
2- are you the home owner?

I know on the case of #2 I've tried using an alt on the same acct but it didn't work, had to be the home owner. But that was awhile ago.

Not sure of they will help you or not but it was my experience so maybe it might help? Good luck
Re: exterior home decoration 03/25/2021 09:22 PM CDT
Yah, it's my home and the decoration and home seem to match - it's freestanding and the decoration is meant for freestanding homes. it should work, but it don't and nothing's coming up roses!! snicker
Re: exterior home decoration 03/25/2021 11:03 PM CDT
Some decorations seem to have a social status requirement attached to them too. The roses could be too...poor for your Chateau
Re: exterior home decoration 03/26/2021 05:37 AM CDT
well...i always knew my character was bougie. :P
Re: exterior home decoration 03/26/2021 05:56 AM CDT
>>SPACEDOG: Yah, it's my home and the decoration and home seem to match - it's freestanding and the decoration is meant for freestanding homes. it should work, but it don't and nothing's coming up roses!! snicker

Please assist in-game or use BUG ITEM while holding the item and standing in the room with your home.

Generally, home exterior decorations should work as long as:
1. It's your home;
2. The decoration was made for the same type of home (freestanding, door, tree, or knoll); and
3. There isn't already a decoration or doorbell on your home.

GM Cordulia