Converting a premium home to a simucoin home 06/16/2020 11:31 PM CDT
I have a question about converting my premium home to a simucoin home when my spring promotion ends and I downgrade to a basic account.

What I know already:
If I have a home through the premium subscription and downgrade my account to basic, I lose access to the home and doesn't automatically convert into simucoin home even if I buy a simucoin deed. Before this happens I should manually remove all of the items from the premium home and do a HOME REMOVE to generate vouchers for my furniture. I can then purchase a new home using the Simucoin deed and set it up again with those vouchers and put back my items.

My question:
I want my house to be in the same location, so what is the best way to free up the plot so that I can use the simucoin deed on the same plot right away? I'm just trying to figure out how to make it so the plot doesn't get snatched up by someone else while I swap systems. I don't know exactly what time the premium house would become available for claim again and can't find anything on the wiki about a way to manually relinquish the plot.
Re: Converting a premium home to a simucoin home 06/18/2020 10:01 PM CDT
You don't need to use HOME REMOVE to remove furniture, or your items, though there will be a period where you won't be able to access them if you don't [items on furniture -- the furniture itself is fine].

When your subscription is up, the next time the home checks in, it'll start a 30 day timer (Plat players have a longer window). If you don't regain Premium status in that time, the system will unhouse you and make the home available to claim. You'll be able to claim your items via HOME RECLAIM, and all your furniture will be safely tucked away for the next time you claim a house -- whether via Premium or Simucoins.

If you have the deed to make it a Simucoins home when your subscription downgrades, you can ASSIST to ask for a Premium GM to help speed the process. We can't step in while the account is still Premium, and a Premium GM may not be available at the time of assist, but one of us will try to catch up to you when we can.

Zadraes
Re: Converting a premium home to a simucoin home 06/19/2020 12:00 AM CDT
Ah, thank you. I didn't realize there was a grace period before a house was lost completely when downgrading. The wiki made it seem like it happened the moment your subscription ended. That clears things up. I'll reach out via an assist when/if I decide to do this. Thanks.