Questions About LTB Items 04/20/2017 09:13 AM CDT

Greetings,

I have returned after a very long break and I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the changes. (Yikes) Have quite a few LTB points to spend, but have no idea what to spend them on. I see some very old quest stuff but I'm not sure how any of this stacks up against all the new stuff out there. For instance, looking at the money belt, but I have been told they can now be made in a few hours? Is most of this stuff just fluff? Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Questions About LTB Items 04/20/2017 10:30 AM CDT
I'd save your LTB points for a bit. They are updating the stuff, but it's going pretty slowly, I think. Most of the stuff there now isn't nearly as good as some of the newer things, IMO.

__
Amybecka
Re: Questions About LTB Items 04/20/2017 01:45 PM CDT
>Have quite a few LTB points to spend, but have no idea what to spend them on

Get the extra type ahead line. 900 LTBs

Get an activated estate holder teleport ring to Fang Cove for 100 LTBs or from Fenwyrthie's Curio shop in the Crossing sells for ~2 plat (and no LTBs). I would recommend the ring for plat cost rather than LTB cost personally.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Estate_Holder_rings

Get the bonded permanent gwethdesuans in the blue velvet pouch on the bamboo chest. The downside to this is that you only need 1 gweth now for ESP so you're paying for a gweth you don't need. I'd still recommend it. Just vault the extra bonded gweth. Who knows how long it'll be before they fix this? Probably not soon. 1800 LTBs

And just in case you aren't up to speed on gweth/ESP changes:

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Post:ESP_2.0_on_11/11/16_-_11/10/2016_-_16:41

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Esp_command

Alteration scrolls are nice too but in the last few years the staff has really stepped up their alteration game so it's pretty easy to get custom work done (depending on your time zone) at festivals and other events. If you don't like waiting or don't have the playtime for it, or just want your alteration done they're worth it imo.

The alabaster flask is nice for sudden undead invasions if you don't have a native or sorcerous source of bless. You'd need multiple flasks and a steel-tipped cured leather backsheath tooled with the visage of a roaring lion type of item to keep yourself in enough blessings for long term non-corporeal undead hunting though.

Since you mentioned the money belt - I would not bother with it myself. Generally you're going to keep your coin in the bank and player stealing isn't as prevalent as it once was. Player theft doesn't teach much thievery and perception is much easier to train than thievery. Player theft also locks the thief PvP open for 4 rl hours. I'm not saying you won't ever get stolen from, but unless you really go out of the way to make yourself a mark it's not likely to happen often.

Most of the rest of the items in the LTB shop are just fluff. The items that aren't fluff are dated and obsolete. I would hold onto the rest of your LTBs and hope that the LTB review occurs sooner rather than later.

It would be great if LTBs and Simucoins were interchangeable or the same thing...and Simucoins could be used for any and all Quest/Fest entries.
Re: Questions About LTB Items 04/20/2017 01:54 PM CDT
>>The alabaster flask is nice for sudden undead invasions if you don't have a native or sorcerous source of bless.

Fair warning that Necromancers without favors flat-out can't use them, which I find disappointing.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Questions About LTB Items 04/20/2017 03:31 PM CDT

Thanks for all the replies! Great info.
Re: Questions About LTB Items 04/20/2017 08:16 PM CDT
We've got a couple of scripts that shouldn't take too long to update. Some of the work (updating to make weapons/armor more current/useful, fresher fluffy things) is not that hard.

Scripting stuff for newer things is tougher - and updating scripts besides the ones that have been picked up - those are slower going.

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Questions About LTB Items 04/21/2017 08:08 AM CDT

Thank you for that information! Will there be an announcement when items are updated? Or when new items arrive?
Re: Questions About LTB Items 04/22/2017 09:10 PM CDT
We will definitely be announcing when the new items are ready.

Dancing in the streets, perhaps.

Or a nice nap?

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Questions About LTB Items 04/25/2017 08:22 AM CDT

Dancing then nap:)

Thanks much!!!
Re: Questions About LTB Items 07/01/2017 01:55 PM CDT
I was wondering if it could be considered to add daily charges using potency crystals to the box popping toothpicks from the LTB shop. I love those things and they would be much more awesomer if you could use them a few times a day.

You slap Voldag hard in the face with your hand, making a nice crisp smack!! That's going to leave a mark!
Re: Questions About LTB Items 02/08/2018 08:02 AM CST
Has this been completed or is it still in the works? Recently returned and trying to figure out what to spend my LTB's on and I found this thread.

Thanks!
Re: Questions About LTB Items 02/08/2018 09:02 AM CST
Why yes, the Squat Bungalow was updated in December.

Typical Iocanthe, her "announcement" post was totally lost in the future, already moving onto the next thing (seriously, she never stops!). So it could be easy to miss: http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Estate%20Holders%20of%20Elanthia/Game%20Master%20and%20Official%20Announcements/view/511

Looks like everything's been updated onto Elanthipedia though (thanks E-pedia-ers!): https://elanthipedia.play.net/Squat_Bungalow_(2)

And there's tons of what should I buy threads in the Estate Holder's forums. A thread pre-update can be found here: http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Estate%20Holders%20of%20Elanthia/General%20Discussions%20-%20Estate%20Holders%20of%20Elanthia/view/2255

I hope that helps,

Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator
Re: Questions About LTB Items 02/08/2018 11:30 AM CST
Would it be possible to have the 3rd person looks for some of the preps either posted to epedia or posted here so others can update to epedia? The ones missing from the grumpy mage in the bungalow that is.

These are the missing ones:
12) [silent] Closing your eyes and concentrating intensely on the task at hand, you pore all your focus into the formulation of the Summon Death Monkey spell.
13) [silent] Eschewing motions and sound, you painstakingly focus your mind solely on creating the Summon Death Monkey spell pattern.
15) [silent] You feel a tension build up in your body as you bend your mind to preparing the Summon Death Monkey spell.
17) [silent] You raise your hand commandingly, bending your mind to preparing the Summon Death Monkey spell.
Re: Questions About LTB Items 02/08/2018 12:01 PM CST
Thank you Helje!