Monthly meetings and events 02/07/2014 06:57 PM CST

I've been back a couple of months now, and I've looked at the calender but I haven't seen the estate holder meetings except in plat and I haven't seen other events for it as far as I can tell. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong or in the wrong place. Hoping someone can straighten me out.
Re: Monthly meetings and events 02/09/2014 09:02 AM CST
Nope that has been going on for a while, we still get new gift/gift bags here and there.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Monthly meetings and events 02/11/2014 07:17 PM CST
That's disappointing the meetings were one of the premium things I always looked forward too.
Re: Monthly meetings and events 03/06/2014 08:39 AM CST

Is there a reason there is no monthly meetings? I thought it was a perk to having a premie account and a chance to touch base with the GMs. And why no premie events?

~player of Ship Captain Listia Van-Keller
Re: Monthly meetings and events 03/06/2014 09:20 AM CST
>>Is there a reason there is no monthly meetings? I thought it was a perk to having a premie account and a chance to touch base with the GMs. And why no premie events?

As a favor from your friendly neighbors in Plat, I'll give you a rundown of our last few meetings:

1) "HE has drained our brains, so other than making sure 3.1 stuff is going smoothly not much is going on. We have some projects but nothing far enough developed that we can talk about it."
2) "3.1 is going smoothly, but it's draining our brains. We have some projects but nothing far enough developed that we can talk about it."
3) "Oh god, Guildfest is coming. Yeah, we're going to focus on that a lot. We have some projects but nothing far enough developed that we can talk about it."

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Monthly meetings and events 03/06/2014 03:29 PM CST

Ok! This is kinda helpful. Still kinda curious why the premie team isn't bothering with a meeting. It is not just the info gained from the GMs it is also kinda social. I haven't been back for long but from what I can see the game could use every social opportunity it can get! Just saying ...

Re: Monthly meetings and events 03/06/2014 04:14 PM CST
I haven't seen a premium meeting scheduled since I joined premium, and that was over a year ago. Doing a quick search of my Google calendar turns up that the last meeting posted on the calendar was in January of 2012.

That's not to say there haven't been some nice Premium events and gifts. Last September there was a Fang Cove Spring Celebration, and last August there were high-end raffles (very drool worthy), although I think both of those were open to the public.

My guess is that whoever is on the Premium team is busy, either with RL stuff, or perhaps they've been coaxed into joining some other staff teams. We are pretty short staffed these days, and there are many other important things to get done.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Monthly meetings and events 03/06/2014 06:52 PM CST

True enough. Just saying it would be nice. It was a reason for people to get together. I think the game is kinda missing that. Yes, there are some very nice order/player ran events on the calender. And I will try to at least attend a few of those. But at the premie meeting it didn't matter what your role play was or where you tended to hangout, you came. So, you met all types of folks.

Re: Monthly meetings and events 03/07/2014 08:18 AM CST
The Spring Celebration was Premium only, though the high-end raffles were open to all. There was also at least one invasion of Fang Cove during this last year's HE lead in events.

I can't speak to the meetings since that's never been one of my areas, but I can say that Jisi's normal raffles have been ongoing with pretty good regularity since I've been on staff. They don't usually last as long as a meeting might, but outside of them not being totally ooc like the meetings are, they absolutely can hit that social gathering aspect for Premium subscribers.

This reminds me that I have a couple of proposals that I really do need to get on, though :D

-Persida
Re: Monthly meetings and events 03/07/2014 05:41 PM CST
>>I can't speak to the meetings since that's never been one of my areas, but I can say that Jisi's normal raffles have been ongoing with pretty good regularity since I've been on staff.

This is true. I was reminded when I finally set up my Twitter again to receive notifications and realized I'd missed like 3 raffles in February.

Following Dragonrealms on Twitter, by the way, is a good way to be notified of raffles, games, premium, and festival events. Just be sure you ignore the ones with the hashtag for another instance (e.g. #drplat).

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Monthly meetings and events 03/10/2014 02:52 PM CDT
I didn't know about the raffles. Does DR do Facebook? I hate Twitter.

Re: Monthly meetings and events 03/10/2014 03:43 PM CDT
Raffles aren't really announced on the DR Facebook page as far as I know (I'm saying this because I don't Facebook, and don't know if it somehow hooks into the Twitter system we use and gets the announcements that way or something of that sort), but we do send in-game announcements and the tweets are also easily visible in game if you have your OOC window open.

PS - A quick glance at the reports shows 5 different times Premium raffles have been held between Feb 1st and today.

-Persida
Re: Monthly meetings and events 03/10/2014 08:21 PM CDT
For what it's worth, I don't use Twitter aside from receiving DR tweets. I just set up a program (Tweetdeck in my case) to run in the background and send me notifications when there's a tweet.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Monthly meetings and events 03/14/2014 09:24 AM CDT

Okay, so two years ago there was a premium meeting .... when is the next one or is this another thing of past? No offense, but I'm seriously getting worried that unless you are a circle chaser (nothing wrong with that) you have to join an Order (sponsored by players) to get any GM interaction. Or do GMs even interact with that? Where has the DR of the past gone? GM sponsored Events!!!!!! GM interaction!!!!! I am missing it!!!!

Player Behind Lorwryn
Re: Monthly meetings and events 03/14/2014 12:05 PM CDT
I wouldn't say monthly meetings are for GM interaction.

For me it is about premium development, and communication, feedback and what not.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Monthly meetings and events 03/14/2014 12:15 PM CDT
>Okay, so two years ago there was a premium meeting .... when is the next one or is this another thing of past? No offense, but I'm seriously getting worried that unless you are a circle chaser (nothing wrong with that) you have to join an Order (sponsored by players) to get any GM interaction. Or do GMs even interact with that? Where has the DR of the past gone? GM sponsored Events!!!!!! GM interaction!!!!! I am missing it!!!!

Sign up for twitter. Don't do twitter? Sign up for twitter and get tweetdeck or something similar to send DR events messages to your computer. Do you have the NPC highlight list? Get it.

What time zone do you play in? This event is open to everyone. You don't have to be in an Order or high circle. Although I guess this could be argued that it is for circle chasers. Tyura meditation salt circles that is.

Tyura circle demonstration
When
Wed, March 19, 7pm – 8pm EST
Where
Temple of Serenity on Wyvern Mountain (map)
Description
Join Temple Emissary Niloa in the newly constructed Temple of Serenity for a demonstration of the meditative practice of tyura circle creation and destruction. Niloa will be explaining the principles behind the circles and will be available for general questions about the temple and its teachings.

Track down Mistanna (one among many) and she can make your eyes and ears bleed with events.

Also, nostalgia-fueled sky is falling posts are annoying.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Monthly meetings and events 03/14/2014 01:18 PM CDT
>Also, nostalgia-fueled sky is falling posts are annoying.

Watch the calendar. Many GM-sponsored events are posted there. Even the player-ran events have the occasional GMPC show up. As Skaen suggested, download the highlight list or ask someone for their's. It will help you notice when GMPCs log in, as well as give an idea of what type of event may be going on at that time.

Saying that premium meetings promoted role play or anything of that manner is a huge stretch, considering they were on an OOC platform. Arguing that they gave a reason for people to gather is a moot point also. There are too many other events scheduled to say that there isn't anything to do. IMO, if your idea of fun play requires a GM to be present, then you're doing something wrong.
Re: Monthly meetings and events 03/14/2014 02:45 PM CDT
>>Player Behind Lorwryn

Please also see my previous posts in this thread regarding other Premium events that have occurred recently.

As to events with GM interaction overall, there are many, both scheduled on the calendar and not, every month! Other posters have given good suggestions on how to most easily find them. Time zone can make a difference as well, but I have to say that I especially try to do several events per month during the off peak hours to help mitigate that somewhat, and other GMs do as well. We have a pretty wide spread of schedules here on the eventing GM side of things, so hopefully you'll be able to find some events that grab your attention and interest!

-Persida
Re: Monthly meetings and events 03/14/2014 05:46 PM CDT

Thanks! I'll keep a closer watch! Appreciate the time you took to answer.

Player Behind Lorwryn
Re: Monthly meetings and events 03/15/2014 03:09 PM CDT

Thanks for the info Flint -- appreciated it very much and was very useful.

Player Behind Lorwryn