Moving into homes 09/03/2012 09:09 PM CDT
How are new homes generated? After you pay the fee in game, the clerk tells you to go "claim a home." I have still not found a single home available to claim. Is it completely random or can you actually choose where your home goes?
Re: Moving into homes 09/03/2012 10:31 PM CDT
>>How are new homes generated? After you pay the fee in game, the clerk tells you to go "claim a home." I have still not found a single home available to claim. Is it completely random or can you actually choose where your home goes?

When a neighborhood is built there are a set number of homes available in each room. If you're not finding any available to claim in the neighborhood(s) you are checking, you may need to consider expanding your search to other locales.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
- Arthur O'Shaughnessy
Re: Moving into homes 09/04/2012 06:50 AM CDT
homes in prime are fairly hard to find, most of the "desireable" neighborhoods - <upper class, and /or near hunting areas>, and treehouses are pretty much full. However, if you expand your search, use Ranik's maps <for maps of home sites> and Elanthipedia <there was recently a list of Forfedhar home sites updated, I noticed an opening in the tog-only area, and my barb went there lickedy split! >

When you see a group of homes, type in "home look" or "home claim", and it will tell you if there are any homes in the area that are unclaimed. Make sure you enter the home at least once! <unlock it, open it, and you'll see your brand new home! Home help will tell you about various verbs, and home catalogue will give you a catalog of stuff you can buy to put in there, by province.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Moving into homes 09/04/2012 09:35 AM CDT
Where are you trying to find a home? If it is around Crossing there are several areas that having homes available. If you are looking in a specific area, I can help you find a home if there is one available. No, I don't charge a fee. I just understand the frustrating process of trying to find a home in a particular area and its all chosen.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Moving into homes 09/06/2012 09:01 PM CDT
Ok I see now.. didn't realize how limited it was until now. I'm back for the first time in over 10 years so I'm still figuring out all sorts of things. But yeah, currently I looked in Aesry, which I realize is pretty exclusive, but I've looked in other places as well with no luck. Thanks for all the good advice.