Skunk 12/27/2003 05:05 PM CST
Greetings,

I was very excited about the skunk. It goes perfectly with my homeowner's black and white decor, as well as her slightly 'off' mentalitity, so after looking at what was in the pen, I purchased it and replaced my silky short-haired black cat.

"A boldly black-striped skunk's body structure resembles a wedge. The narrow, sometimes pointed, nose broadens at the ears, forming a small wedge. His body is narrow at the shoulders and grows broader at the hips, forming a larger wedge. The tail accounts for one third of the animal's entire length. It is a magnificent brush rivaling only the thick bushy plume sported by a fox. The black-striped skunk carries this magnificent tail slightly aloft."

Excellent description, I love it.

My empath rushed home after purchasing it, and was distressed to find she couldn't interact much with her new pet.

After trying every verb I could think of, she can only get one of two responses:

>As you extend a friendly hand toward the black-striped skunk, he nips playfully at your fingers and bounces away from you.

>You extend a gentle hand toward the black-striped skunk, and he sniffs cautiously at your fingers.

Is there any way some more interaction can be written for these? Just as the beginning of ideas on this:

Perhaps instead of getting the second above response when trying to scratch him, you could get something along the lines of:

>The skunk seems to almost writhe with pleasure as the tips of your fingers scratch the flat area between his (her) ears.

or for hugging, you could get the following:

>You consider hugging the skunk, but considering the ramifications, you rub behind his ears instead.

Just some thoughts, I would love to see some more interaction with this creature, be it positive or negative interaction.

~S.T.

"...someone will find offense in the smallest of words and the most innocent of sentences if it suits their purpose." --- GM Jzara
Re: Skunk 12/29/2003 03:02 PM CST
<<Just some thoughts, I would love to see some more interaction with this creature, be it positive or negative interaction.

~S.T.

I'm sorry account holder MNEMOSYNE, but it's been decided that negative animals will not be allowed into homes per the new animal handling policy. There is a general consensus that homeowners do not want the animals cussing or yelling at them just because they are unhappy critters. Your concerns and wants have been noted though, it may happen soon, or it may not. :)
Re: Skunk 12/29/2003 05:01 PM CST
<twitches and stalks off muttering something about poor defenseless dogs>

~Dulcinia

[Ridlan] "I drink Goblin urine if it has liqour content."

[Mossyoak] "goblin only 20 proof...upgrade soon"
Re: Skunk 12/29/2003 08:20 PM CST
::shrieks at Matrina::

Run away, run away! It's the knee nibbler!

Now, get off my subject. :-P

::ppffbbtt::

~S.T.

"...someone will find offense in the smallest of words and the most innocent of sentences if it suits their purpose." --- GM Jzara
Re: Skunk 12/30/2003 04:25 AM CST
It was funny though!

If Coine gets negative skunks, I want a barn with a cow, thanks.

:)
Skunk question 02/05/2006 09:12 AM CST
<<A fluffy-tailed albino skunk gets a devious look in his eye as he gazes at you. Suddenly, he turns around and points his tail at you. Before you can get out of the way, you find yourself thoroughly soaked in overwhelming odors!>>

<<Countless fragrances swirl about you with an overwhelming aroma. Chamomile and jasmine intermingle with ample scents of roses and vanilla.>>

Do the scents the skunk sprays on you change slowly over time? Is it random or always the same? This is the first time I've smelled like chamomile. Do you know what others smell on you? Or is it smelly to other players? Is there a way to get him to spray just one kind or spray on demand? LOL

Thanks... my house always smells good.