Housing Request 01/16/2011 12:18 PM CST
I fall into the category of looking for non-justice housing in the Zoluren area. After days of searching every listed housing area on Ranik's maps (many of which are no longer housing areas), I came to the realization that every empty house was lost in the great purge. There are a ton of empty restricted community homes, particularly Dwarves, whose numbers I do not count myself a member of.

In the end I found a single open home on my x-th pass through the rooms around old housing areas spamming HOME CLAIM, and moved in, but this pad has been promised to another player who really should have this place, all things considered.

Can I commission a house to be constructed in the same neighborhood? Same room would be perfectly fine. It's a single, lowerclass freestanding home and only one of 4 in the multi-village greater area that survived demolition.

I was unfortunately not a part of the survey which was conducted at the end of 2009 and nothing much really seems to have improved after checking the areas on the Jan 2010 list of province housing areas.

Thank you,
- Aristron
Re: Housing Request 01/16/2011 12:38 PM CST
Did you try up off of Kaerna village and Arthe Dale?

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Housing Request 01/16/2011 01:01 PM CST
I'm afraid so.

I tried:
LocationRestrictionJustice
Arthe DaleHalfling Only
Arthe DaleOpenJustice Area
Crossing-Justice Area
DirgeOpenClan Justice
Gazit LairOpenClan Justice
KaernaLower Kaerna AreaJustice
MiddensOnly one house total in Middens - OccupiedNone
NTR-Rugglestone CloseOpenJustice
North Turnpike/Royal Mews and Bit for Horses2 remaining houses - OccupiedNone
Promado Village - Abandoned ClanDwarf Only but nearly all openNone
Promado Village1 houseNone
Sorrow's Reach3 houses - all occupiedNone
Near Knife ClanRanger-
North of Crossing, TowerWarmie Only-
Path to Lake of Dreams, TowerWarmie Only-
Temple HillOpenJustice
Rustic CircleTrader Only-

I'm getting ready to actually map out all housing between the Segoltha and Faldesu and do full counts to make sure I don't pass anything. These numbers look to be pretty much exactly where they were when Tiesse was nice enough to put out the census last year at this time, albeit with a few less free homes.

If I missed any areas meeting my one requirement (non-justice, open housing), please let me know. I'm willing to greatly inconvenience myself to help this other player out. The problem is that one my first few passes between the Faldesu and Segoltha, there were none.

The areas that seem to be killing the numbers for availability seem to be Warrior Mage and Dwarf only housing, which are amazingly empty. Abandoned Clan, for instance, largely is.

I think that may be hurting the availability of open housing. I know how bad it was walking around and seeing abandoned homes everywhere. But since the change where abandoned was dropped from empty homes and the first purge, there really does seem to be a lack of neighborhoods now.

Middens and the North Gate area is like swiss cheese, where the only homes were the ones who have been occupied. Again, not complaining about the need for the purge, but can we get one or two back on demand?

In my particular case, I found a house that was literally just vacated so someone else could get it. I happened to beat them to it. I'd like to have a house opened in the same spot if possible for long-term ownership by me.

- Aristron
Re: Housing Request 01/16/2011 01:12 PM CST
Well there is the housing on the Leth side of the ferry you could try. Not sure if it's justice or not.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Housing Request 01/16/2011 01:21 PM CST
>> Well there is the housing on the Leth side of the ferry you could try. Not sure if it's justice or not.

Chelsea Overlook? Yeah, that too is justice area. The other difficulty with Leth is that there is no way to get there except by going through Crossing, by being a Moon Mage, by being a Thief, or by having 300 more ranks of swimming than I have.

Likewise anything north of the river in Therengia is also out as I can't cross the river without being in the middle of Riverhaven when I get off the ferry.

-- And yes, I realize this is supposed to be difficult, but with the large neighborhood in Middens reduced to one home and other neighborhoods reduced to single homes at times in the name of disused housing ... ; I'm just looking for some previously existing neighborhoods to be encouraged a bit again. I'd even be happy with opening a few of the Abandoned Clan homes to general population.

I wouldn't be asking at all were it not for trying to help another player who had been waiting for and was promised the house I just moved in to. Not trying to start a city or commune here, just looking for a place that doesn't have someone else's name on the mantle, so to speak.

- Aristron
Re: Housing Request 01/16/2011 01:32 PM CST
Inside the necro guild?
Re: Housing Request 01/16/2011 01:50 PM CST
>> Guild

If it comes to it, I may end up paying a week's earning to move back, but I'd really just like to find an open house anywhere in this region. I'm not even looking to keep the same level of quality and convenience that my current home has. Surely there has to be one open house somewhere out there.

It'd be nice to keep a shack somewhere in the boonies.

- Aristron
Re: Housing Request 01/16/2011 07:57 PM CST
>>Inside the necro guild?

Last time I checked there was one or two homes available in the necro guild, but it may be packed at this point.

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: Housing Request 01/16/2011 10:31 PM CST
>After days of searching every listed housing area on Ranik's maps

Please mark it then so we can fix it.

:P

"Your suffering amuses me" -GM Raesh

Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares