Lower-class housing 12/31/2009 02:59 AM CST
After scouring the Middens, I'm noticing that the housing areas that used to be there are pretty much missing.

It'd be really nice to see some more low class housing added to the Middens, if you're thinking about adding more homes to Zoluren.

Rev. Reene

"The Philosophers are all about freeing themselves from the shackles of mortality. And pants." - Armifer
Re: Lower-class housing 12/31/2009 04:38 PM CST
>It'd be really nice to see some more low class housing added to the Middens, if you're thinking about adding more homes to Zoluren.

I don't plan on adding any more lower class housing anywhere for the time being, to be quite honest. This is due to the fact that almost every single house in the Middens was unoccupied previously, and because the housing poll indicated people weren't interested in living in lower class housing (literally 0 votes for lower class freestanding or doors). This may change, but for now, I'm going off of what you, the players, have indicated as your primary preferences in the housing poll.

I have been adding back homes to existing neighborhoods on an individual basis if people are interested in living in housing areas that were pruned. I'll be having a housing meeting sometime in January, and I'll be posting about it in the coming days on the calendar. You're welcome to attend so we can chat about a spot if you yourself are interested in living in the Middens.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: Lower-class housing 12/31/2009 04:40 PM CST
Interesting to know.

I just found it weird that there used to be an entire neighborhood in the Middens that now has all of one occupied home in it and no other standing ones.

Guess I'll come fight for the poor slums at the housing meeting.

Rev. Reene

"The Philosophers are all about freeing themselves from the shackles of mortality. And pants." - Armifer
Re: Lower-class housing 12/31/2009 06:07 PM CST
<< I have been adding back homes to existing neighborhoods on an individual basis if people are interested in living in housing areas that were pruned. I'll be having a housing meeting sometime in January, and I'll be posting about it in the coming days on the calendar. >>

Thanks for this. Good to know.

Rajao
Re: Lower-class housing 12/31/2009 11:09 PM CST
>I just found it weird that there used to be an entire neighborhood in the Middens that now has all of one occupied home in it and no other standing ones.

Based on the housing poll and the fact that most lower class housing in the realms is/was nearly empty, I didn't. It was clear that hardly anyone wants to live in lower class housing, let alone in the Middens. I'm sure this might have changed a bit now that alts can own houses, while is why I'm definitely open to adding facades on an individual basis.

>Guess I'll come fight for the poor slums at the housing meeting.

You're certainly welcome to do so, but I tend to build housing areas based on three things: where they're lacking, where most people express interest in living, and what types of houses most people express interest in wanting to live. The lower class freestanding in the Middens was pretty close to the bottom of the list according to the poll. Regardless, if there's now an overwhelming outcry for lower class housing, I am more than willing to adjust my plans to accommodate players' desires.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: Lower-class housing 01/01/2010 02:12 AM CST
If you want to burn down lower-class housing and replace it with nice upper class housing Throne City is just crying for it... ::shifty eyes::

SEND[Abasha] It warms my heart to see three people die for a cupcake.