Under the Knife 02/02/2009 08:48 AM CST
Greetings!

Over the past few days, I've been scouring the province in order to reduce the number of unclaimed homes in each area. During this process, I've also been looking for other oddities that have caused homes to remain claimed in the system despite the owner no longer being around. Additionally, I've eliminated the ugly adjectives (abandoned, empty, unremarkable, etc.) from the available housing in hopes of making the neighborhoods a bit more pleasing to the eye. Please rely on HOME CLAIM to deduce which houses are free for residential purposes. You might see a few openings after some of the account checks process.

The following neighborhoods (in no particular order) have gone under the knife thus far:

CROSSING -- Elmod Close, Swithen's Court, Half Pint Inn, Gaethrend's Court, Paladins' Guild (Barracks & Holy Warrior's Promenade), Dintacui Apartments, Korhege Apartments, Merchant Apartments, Midton Circle, Riverpine Circle, Clerics' Guild (Cloisters), Temple Hill, Warrior Mage Towers (East/West/North/South), Smithy Lane, Crofton Walk.

DIRGE -- Darkstone Inn.

LETH DERIEL -- Izma Ru'ef University, Rest of Ages Inn.

SORROW*'*S REACH -- Foothills, Low Mountains.

PROMADO VILLAGE -- End of Southern Lane, Abandoned Clan.

There are still several areas that have massive amounts of unused housing that will be addressed shortly. Word is that the local bash brothers have been hired for some more projects around the province. So, keep your eye on Kaerna Village, Arthe Dale, Rugglestone Close, Dirge, and the North Roads Caravansary for some smash action near you! As for other neighborhoods that are looking a bit vacant, you can rest assured that something is planned, mwahahaha.

A few fun facts...
- Just over 400 houses were deleted in this batch.
- I fixed several instances of "sandlewood" in various doors. I have no idea why they weren't "sandalwood," but they are now.
- I changed some home types to more appropriately fit their environment. For example, the doors in the Half Pint Inn are now urban instead of rural.
- You should no longer see the *unkown type* stuff when you STUDY a home in Zoluren. The exceptions will be Kaerna Village and Rugglestone Close. If I missed one somewhere else, feel free to post and I'll take care of it.
- Did you know some GMPCs have houses? Might want to explore to see who you can find!

With all that being said, keep in mind that this is a massive project and I might have missed something here or there. If you notice something odd, you're more than welcome to post, and I'll try to take care of it when I have time.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: Under the Knife 02/02/2009 01:56 PM CST
<3 you Tiesse

Nikpack

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: Under the Knife 02/02/2009 09:26 PM CST
To: Tiesse

Subject: Cease and Desist Order

It has come to the attention of the Dirge Chamber of Commerce that you and your associates (said Bash Brothers) have engaged in unauthorized destruction of property in and around the fair town of Dirge.

You have neither asked for or received permission to change the domiciles in accordance with the duly established Town zoning regulations. Our records indicate that you have not been issued a demolition permit, a home improvement permit, a home destruction permit, a why don't we move this over there for a while and see if that works out permit, a rug that ties it all together permit, an urban renewal planning permit, an accidental movement that ends up doing 10000 kronar worth of improvement permits, nor any of the other 132 permits that apply to any change to existing structures as found in Book IV, Chapter 23, Article 4, Section 1, sub paragraph delta.

We, the Dirge Chamber of Commerce, demand that you immediately cease the current operations of yourself and the aforementioned "Bash Brothers" in and around the fair city of Dirge and that you desist from this or any other actions involving construction, destruction, or modifications of any existing, planned, or former structures. If we have not received an affirmative response from you by the first of Nissa The Maiden indicating that you have fully complied with these requirements, We shall take further action against you.

Very truly yours,

Reolf Steinwherfer

-=Dirge. You gotta lava it.=-

"Traders do not shriek like little girls and worry about magic cooties." GM Armifer