A home of me own! 07/05/2007 01:15 PM CDT
hello folks, I have just qualified for a house now, woooooooohooooooooooo, the longest 90 days of my life!
Im a little stuck with this, if i take a house thats in crossing say a cottage then want to move elsewhere is it only another cottage i could take? or can i move up and down the classes as i please? Also a seen the big Z's got a lair, can i own a cave of sorts? do they exist? Fishmonger Vashurok
Re: A home of me own! 07/05/2007 02:18 PM CDT
Once you buy a house you can move it anywhere there is a free spot. The 'lifestyle' level of the home doesn't matter.

Got to the second housing clerk and he'll charge you (6 plat) I think and then you can go claim a new home.

All your interior will be transported to the new spot. Any exterior stuff, like ornaments and door, shingles etc. will not be transferred.

Player of a few too many

Pol-i-tics (pol-i-tiks) n. 1. "Poli" meaning many. 2. "Tics" meaning blood-sucking insects.
Re: A home of me own! 07/05/2007 02:38 PM CDT
Thank you very much, that helps reassure me and helps me make my first choice of house.
Fishmonger Vashurok.
Re: A home of me own! 07/05/2007 03:50 PM CDT
Nope, you can't own a cave, at least not through the normally-available offerings in any neighborhood. Best you can do is claim a proper home and "cave"-ify the inside.

There are rare awards involving the claiming/altering of a home via being the winner of important contests (that's how we got the handful of tents), but I can't speak as to whether that's been shut down or not for technical issues.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: A home of me own! 07/05/2007 08:17 PM CDT
You can have a home inside a cave, but it's still got the normal house interior. As J'lo mentioned, you could make it more cave-like with the right choice of deco.

There are at least two spots I know of like this, one near silverwater mines (my first home) and the other on Aesry. Let me know if you want specifics.

-/\/\
Moon mage Daellid
Re: A home of me own! 07/05/2007 09:32 PM CDT
Thank you both for the input, ill go see what silverwater mines has in store. Now a cavern with a pool nearby that has fish would be ideal, yeah yeah a can hear it now, pushing the boat out a bit there Vash! hehe ill check all the same. Thanks again
Re: A home of me own! 07/05/2007 09:47 PM CDT
Silverwater would probably better suit. There's no fishing in the mine itself (although there is a pool there at the bottom of the shaft), but there's lots of dangerous and not-dangerous fishing all around.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: A home of me own! 07/06/2007 01:11 AM CDT
What about that hill area near the ruins of Promado village near Stone Clan? I KNOW that's underground, but I think it might be dwarf only.

PoKaeta

"Whatever, it's the end of the world. There's actually a Trader guild now. Bards are no longer useless. Empaths can finally stand up for themselves. We're all doomed."
- Vinjince
Re: A home of me own! 07/06/2007 07:17 AM CDT
I wasn't aware there was fishing near silverwater, but, duh, I guess there should be water around, hence the name, or something.

The place I mentioned in Aesry is, I believe, in the highlands, and there is fishing there for sure. It's hard to find and not on Raniks' maps.

-/\/\
Moon mage Daellid