A place for a Kaldar to go. 03/27/2006 01:42 PM CST
It would be nice if the kaldar's had a neighborhood to call our own.

We are all mere shadows and dust.

~Craetos~
Re: A place for a Kaldar to go. 05/29/2006 06:54 PM CDT
Why can't the old Gorbesh fortresses be converted to apartment buildings with nice courtyards in them?

Mists and Magic, Ocean Breazes, Deep Rivers Under the Sea, Trails Between the Stars: Where nothing is as it seems.
Re: A place for a Kaldar to go. 05/30/2006 03:47 PM CDT
That's a great question and I would love to see that? And there is more than one abandoned Gorbesh fortress if I'm not mistaken

~Craetos~
Re: A place for a Kaldar to go. 05/30/2006 10:30 PM CDT
The Gorbesh fortress that are abandoned are owned. Historical places. Also the little I do know about Kaldar they really don't consider themself gorbesh do they?

The Dragon priest hisses, "We'd have won, too, if it weren't for thossse meddling kidsss."
>
Re: A place for a Kaldar to go. 05/31/2006 07:13 AM CDT
Nope most of us don't. But what better way to annoy some one that to walk into there old home knowing that can't come back and kick your feet up. Plus there was no real problem between the besides politcal and religious views. So most likely in such a large place wouldn't you tend to gravitate towards a place that is somewhat familiar. Just look at America and who lives where?

~Craetos~
Re: A place for a Kaldar to go. 05/31/2006 07:28 AM CDT
<<Nope most of us don't. But what better way to annoy some one that to walk into there old home knowing that can't come back and kick your feet up. Plus there was no real problem between the besides politcal and religious views. So most likely in such a large place wouldn't you tend to gravitate towards a place that is somewhat familiar. Just look at America and who lives where?>>

Well, I'd agree with you if the forts were actaully old gorbesh cities they set up. They are forts. Also from a Military point of view they are well placed areas to launch an invasion from. I'd rather seem them personally turned into milita installtions for traning of troops of various areas. Jomay sorta proved why they shouldn't be left unattened to.

I'm not saying its totally a bad idea, but it'd probably be unlikely. Theren's Fortress is owned by one of the nobles if I remember correctly. Scavanger trolls inhabit the Zoluren one, the Ilithi Resistance has Claimed the Shard one well and a empath.

I would like to see a Kaldar formed clan or Village. Since people do tend to gather with those who have a similar background. i don't pretend to know how easy area's are to code in DR. I'm sure there is a lot of QC, mana levels to implicate, more QC, NPC's to code. I'd still like to see a village or a small town of Kaldar one day.

The Dragon priest hisses, "We'd have won, too, if it weren't for thossse meddling kidsss."
>
Re: A place for a Kaldar to go. 05/31/2006 03:17 PM CDT
Any Gorbesh village that crops up should be burned, the ground salted and live stock driven off. Hrmph.
Re: A place for a Kaldar to go. 06/01/2006 06:58 PM CDT
I would love to see one as well. And that can only be a little human mad at his station in life.

~Craetos~