Housing and Deeds 12/20/2009 08:32 PM CST
Hmm, I realize this is the wrong folder but part of it applies to Therengia housing so I'm going to leave it here.

In all of my excitement of upcoming Muspar'i Housing (drool Tiesse), I got all anxious and giddy and turned my house into a deed so that I can reclaim a house in Muspar'i. I probably missed this somewhere, but I guess I should ask if there is a time lmit. Will my deed ever expire and send my furniture and cat into Nevernever Land? And if so, should I turn it back into a house? I guess we didn't really get an ETA on Muspar'i Housing but based on the events that transpired, I think ti's safe to assume that it won't be very long.

Also, I'll take this opportunity to give out a HUGE thank you to everyone who worked on housing for up there. I cannot wait!!

- Terra
Re: Housing and Deeds 12/20/2009 08:39 PM CST
<<In all of my excitement of upcoming Muspar'i Housing (drool Tiesse), I got all anxious and giddy and turned my house into a deed so that I can reclaim a house in Muspar'i. I probably missed this somewhere, but I guess I should ask if there is a time lmit. Will my deed ever expire and send my furniture and cat into Nevernever Land?

24 RL hours.

Also, a deed is not what you do if you want to move your home. A deed is for when you want to transfer ownership of your home to another player. To move your house, you want to speak to the other clerk in the housing offices, usually in the second room.

Check out HOME HELP 12 for all the info on deeds. The good news, is you can reclaim your home just by activating the deed and then do your move at that point. HOME HELP 3 has all the info on moving your home. Note the fancy yellow text saying not to deed your home, so make sure you complete the deeding process before doing anything else.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386A.V.
Re: Housing and Deeds 12/20/2009 08:42 PM CST
Oh, if you've already deeded it, you might lose any exterior customizations you had. I'm fairly sure those aren't saved, as they aren't in any other process I'm aware of. Use REMOVE <home> to get them back in item form and save them on your person during the move.

-Evran

Re: Housing and Deeds 12/21/2009 12:53 AM CST
>Also, a deed is not what you do if you want to move your home. A deed is for when you want to transfer ownership of your home to another player. To move your house, you want to speak to the other clerk in the housing offices, usually in the second room.

^^

Also, you've got some time.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: Housing and Deeds 12/21/2009 12:58 AM CST
<<Also, you've got some time.

Speaking of this, Tiesse... HOME HELP 12 says you have 24 hours to turn in a deed before the house is gone for good, but HOME DEED says you have 12 hours before the house is gone for good. You have just implied that its longer than either option. Could that be clarified, by chance?

-Evran

Re: Housing and Deeds 12/21/2009 01:18 AM CST
>Speaking of this, Tiesse... HOME HELP 12 says you have 24 hours to turn in a deed before the house is gone for good, but HOME DEED says you have 12 hours before the house is gone for good. You have just implied that its longer than either option. Could that be clarified, by chance?

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. I was saying Terra has some more time before the Muspar'i housing comes out.

I'm pretty sure deeds are good for 24 hours, and after that, the stuff gets sent to the Void, mwahaha. Bottom line -- don't deed your house unless you absolutely have to. I think there's plenty of bright bolded text in HOME HELP that says this, also.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: Housing and Deeds 12/21/2009 01:35 AM CST
You should make the bright bold text green and red for the holidays.

True story.

SEND[Abasha] It warms my heart to see three people die for a cupcake.
Re: Housing and Deeds 12/21/2009 03:44 AM CST
<< I was saying Terra has some more time before the Muspar'i housing comes out.>>

please give us ample warning. definately want to get a home up there.

thanks

Schvartz

If you are going to damn yourself, my child, you might as well do it all the way.
Re: Housing and Deeds 12/21/2009 09:28 AM CST
>>Also, you've got some time.

>>I'm pretty sure deeds are good for 24 hours, and after that, the stuff gets sent to the Void, mwahaha. Bottom line -- don't deed your house unless you absolutely have to. I think there's plenty of bright bolded text in HOME HELP that says this, also.

For the record, I did whatever I did (I didn't receive a deed, I just basically seemed to turn my house into limbo until I hit HOME CLAIM again, not sure what I actually did) about 3 weeks ago and yesterday, in a fit of panic (why would I deed my house with my altered stuff on the armor stand?!?! And Mr. Kitty in there?!) I decided to HOME CLAIM in Theren near my hubby and much to my elation, all of my stuff was back in this new house, unharmed.

Thank you Oh God of Kitties and Housing. (and boots with the fur)

- Terra
Re: Housing and Deeds 12/21/2009 01:39 PM CST
<<For the record, I did whatever I did (I didn't receive a deed, I just basically seemed to turn my house into limbo until I hit HOME CLAIM again, not sure what I actually did) about 3 weeks ago and yesterday, in a fit of panic (why would I deed my house with my altered stuff on the armor stand?!?! And Mr. Kitty in there?!) I decided to HOME CLAIM in Theren near my hubby and much to my elation, all of my stuff was back in this new house, unharmed.

Ah, that sounds like you used the moving mechanics, not the deeding mechanics. Good. I guess I didn't need to panic on your behalf over IM's after all. ;)

-Evran

Re: Housing and Deeds 12/21/2009 10:07 PM CST
I used Home Swap quite often until the new treehouses were put in Ilithi. Awesome addition by the way. Home swap allows you to move your home. STAY AWAY FROM HOME DEED!

Miv
I would rather have an intelligent enemy than a stupid friend.