Muspar'i 02/06/2003 08:01 AM CST
I was curious as to why there are no houses in Muspar'i? It would sure be nice to have a place to stay up there since we visit alot for the Leeches.

~Mistarrial
"Live as you will have wished to have lived when you are dying."

Muspar'i 03/25/2004 08:12 PM CST
Are there residential sections here?
... can there be?

--
Puppetmaster to Yvenn & Catheline, et al.
Kaldaran through and through.

You ring the bell.
The clerk says, "According to our records, you don't have anything in your vault anyway. But if you did, it'd be right here at this location."
Re: Muspar'i 03/25/2004 11:21 PM CST
at present there aren't. should there be? definately.

from the "slums" of golden heights to something like a mansion near the palace: although there should be certain criteria to preserve the unique atmosphere of Muspar'i <i.e. make a gate or something to go thru in order to get to the neighborhoods, i really don't want them right out on the streets.> And definately some s'kra-only housing as well. :-)

---
A scavenger troll arrives, scouring the area.

The scavenger troll exclaims, "I dinks I like da' Moongate!"

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack
Re: Muspar'i 03/26/2004 04:59 AM CST
I was thinking about directing my message directly to you, but then decided not to at the last moment. ;P Thanks, though, for answering so speedily.

Is anyone working on it? IE: premies here in prime just for fun, or plat members of the housing group? Because if there's a need, it seems like something fun to do (and maybe worth me joining the housing group to do it).

Have you put any thought in working out residential area designs?

--

You ring the bell.
The clerk says, "According to our records, you don't have anything in your vault anyway. But if you did, it'd be right here at this location."
Re: Muspar'i 03/26/2004 11:35 AM CST
'Is the location of the War Mage Guild in Muspar'i a puzzle to be solved or am I just blind and keep passing right by it?

______
Who overcomes
By force hath overcome but half his foe.
- John Milton
Re: Muspar'i 03/26/2004 11:51 AM CST
It's through a gate, is all. You might want to look at Ranik's maps, she has it fairly clearly marked. I'm not where I can look at it at this moment, but it's roughly northeast from the bank.

Brynnhilde

__
There's no place like home...
Homeowners' FAQ
http://www.arcanewolf.com/homes/index.html

Need a ride? Learn about horses!
http://www.mytwokronars.com/brynnhilde.html
Re: Muspar'i 03/26/2004 11:57 AM CST
go ne from the room with the vendor cart in it. then theres a gate. nope, location of WM guild isn't a secret. its a nice guildhall to explore, and there's a library with a few interesting books as well.

---
A scavenger troll arrives, scouring the area.

The scavenger troll exclaims, "I dinks I like da' Moongate!"

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack
Re: Muspar'i 03/26/2004 12:11 PM CST
And if your hands are flower-itchy... explore the gardens well. ;)

--

You ring the bell.
Muspar'i Housing 03/10/2009 04:11 PM CDT
Any chance of some housing outside of the warmage guild?
Interested parties want to know.

~
The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.
Joseph Heller, Catch 22
US novelist (1923 - 1999)
Re: Muspar'i Housing 07/28/2009 04:47 PM CDT
I would like to add that as a new subscribed Premium member, I would choose to go permanent if we had housing options in Muspar'i. That's all!

- Terra
Re: Muspar'i Housing 07/28/2009 04:59 PM CDT
Ditto for the upscale housing in Throne that Rigby said he was working on like... 8 years ago. (The part that says it's closed due to recent events with the council and whatnot that happened like 30 IG years ago).
Re: Muspar'i Housing 07/28/2009 06:43 PM CDT
Both Throne City and Muspar'i are on my list.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: Muspar'i Housing 07/31/2009 06:31 PM CDT
Can you include some ranger friendly housing in Muspar'i. I'm really looking forward to finding out what houses will look like there. I'm thinking it will be like the houses that shared a couryard on Aesry that are so nice. Those houses are just beautiful.

--There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.--George Carlin
--'Must you fall asleep when I am talking?'..'No, its purely voluntary'..Churchill
Re: Muspar'i Housing 08/19/2009 06:14 AM CDT
i'd really like to see an upper class area - think mansions or compounds area somewhere in muspar'i thats s'kra housing.

The undead hordes would like to take this moment to remind you that they are quite happy to eat your brains so that you may test new depart.Please consider it.Hugs and kisses, Team Necro.
Re: Muspar'i Housing 08/21/2009 04:22 PM CDT
I'd love to see housing that is guild specific and some that is race specific.

There are some shops here that have obviously been here for ages that I've always wondered about as they have triquetra patterns designed into their floors but they are in no way moon mage shops. I've often wondered if the desert prydaen had some trade with this region long before the migration. In any event, it might be justification to put in some cliff dwellings or something like that which have been postulated as suitable for desert prydaen in the race boards.

My bard wants a nice home with a courtyard that will separate her from the street and that has a cool fountain with a carefully tended shade tree in it with a bench under it. I would assume such courtyards would have more than one home off them, perhaps 2 or 3. It would be very nice if you could get water from the fountain. This of course would be the upper end of the housing spectrum.

My ranger would like to see a variety of nomadic style homes out past the tanning tent with a well in the center that will provide water.

--There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.--George Carlin
--'Must you fall asleep when I am talking?'..'No, its purely voluntary'..Churchill
New Muspar'i Neighborhoods 02/27/2010 09:57 PM CST
Greetings!

For those with a desire to live in the desert, your wish has been granted. To accompany Peri'el's Retreat inside the city, the Street of Proprietors has just opened its arches to provide upperclass urban housing for Estate Holders. Alternately, the Path of Three Brothers is now available for those who prefer an upperclass rural environment.

HUGE thanks go to GM Lyneya for building the Street of Proprietors and GM Vorr for creating the Path of Three Brothers!

These areas are now live in all instances.

Happy home-hunting!

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: New Muspar'i Neighborhoods 02/27/2010 10:12 PM CST
These are really wonderful. Great work team!

Play the game!
Re: New Muspar'i Neighborhoods 02/28/2010 07:41 AM CST
I'm not a Muspar'i gal but still wanted to say Thank you for all the housing and new things!!!! Not just in Muspar'i but all over!!

~Eoworfinia~
Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen. Homer Simpson

Get the facts first and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain
Re: New Muspar'i Neighborhoods 02/28/2010 11:39 PM CST
The new housing is...amazing. I love my new house on the street of proprieters!

Thank you for everyone who worked on making this happen! Truly!

- Terra
Re: New Muspar'i Neighborhoods 03/01/2010 04:52 AM CST
i like the look of the houses up there, but they are in justice zones. at least in prime. :-(

the world is broken
Re: New Muspar'i Neighborhoods 03/01/2010 08:20 AM CST
>i like the look of the houses up there, but they are in justice zones. at least in prime. :-(

Well that makes sense when you consider the fact that they're in the city.
Re: New Muspar'i Neighborhoods 03/01/2010 09:28 AM CST
Did you also consider the adobe's on the trade road (near the end of it)? They're not in the city and I can't remember if that's a justice zone or not. I would imagine it's not.

- Terra
Re: New Muspar'i Neighborhoods 03/01/2010 01:00 PM CST
>Did you also consider the adobe's on the trade road (near the end of it)? They're not in the city and I can't remember if that's a justice zone or not. I would imagine it's not.

They are, actually. All of the housing areas in Muspar'i have justice, which isn't something I can change unfortunately.

-- GM Tiesse

Re: New Muspar'i Neighborhoods 03/01/2010 09:05 PM CST
The adobe's are inside a wall. I was susprised there was no gate and guard out there
Is the sphere supposed to have water in it? I still haven't figured out what the sphere is.

"Sometimes you guys scare me."--Annwyl
"You people worry me."--GM Abasha
"Hmm..."--Z
Re: New Muspar'i Neighborhoods 03/01/2010 11:07 PM CST
Ooo sphere figured out and where water is. Totally cool. Very sneaky

"Sometimes you guys scare me."--Annwyl
"You people worry me."--GM Abasha
"Hmm..."--Z
Re: New Muspar'i Neighborhoods 03/02/2010 06:31 AM CST

<<They are, actually. All of the housing areas in Muspar'i have justice, which isn't something I can change unfortunately>>

bah humbug. guess i'll keep my prime thief where she is then. at least my empath who hasn't broken the law. <well, not much anyways> can live in downtown thief-mecca. <aka muspar'i>.

and my plat empath lives in muspar'i, too. heh. empaths are taking over!First its the leeches, then there will be constructs, and gods, they're taking over!

Speaking of critters though, they still might want to look at how many "trading" ranks they gave those skinflints,moneygrubbers, et all for the speculate coin thing-- in world's end apartments, i tried 'em out with my 100+ thief over here in prime, and with 8 of them in the room, they still managed to get me with a stun when i stayed out in the open to experiment. <usually as a stealth-hunter, i wouldn't give them the opportunity, but I was testing it out>. As a persumably swain-level critter, that shouldn't be happening.

the world is broken