And So It Goes 04/23/2009 12:29 PM CDT
Greetings!

As part of the overall purge of unused and abandoned homes, the fair province of Qi has been the subject of recent pruning and prettifying. Though the changes were minimal, you might notice the following areas are a bit more aesthetically enjoyable:

RATHA -- Deadman's Run, Kssintlee Way, Tierskel Way, Kor'adu Avenue, Upper Cobra Road, Mastik Mews, Shh'o'kumu Terrace.

MER*'*KRESH -- Wishing Well Grove, Oceanhome Apartments.

M*'*RISS -- Fever Point.

AESRY SURLAENIS*'*A -- Ger Iltheran, Inn of the Crystal Wave, Above/Near Lezani's Cove, Traders' Guild, Courtyard, Highlands, Meadowlands.

HARA*'*JAAL -- Small Clearing.

A few fun facts...
- Just over 150 houses were deleted in this batch.
- Treehouses are a hot commodity. There's still one free on Ratha and two on Hara'jaal!
- Speaking of which, not one person lives on Hara'jaal. :(
- Did you know that back when they were first released, ondjais on Aesry were so popular, they had an auction to see who would be able to own one?

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: And So It Goes 04/23/2009 12:51 PM CDT
>- Speaking of which, not one person lives on Hara'jaal. :(

Does Hara have an autopuff? But even if it did.. needing a mini quest for such an infrequent ship to there only to then run a massive gauntlet to reach town on a regular basis leaves much to be desired for Harajaal folks :( Maaaybe if ship combat etc. were ever fleshed out more to encourage more pirate RP.. maybe.

on a side note, is it conceptually feasible to replicate housing interior generation/customization (hence a question for the premie team) for temporary Island randomized generation for those who dream of a future of island exploration? These islands will be destroyed when no one is left on there and, like various premie areas, when u log in u're shoved off the area adn right back thru the portal (in this case, the ship). I think if it is done in that manner, island exploring should be a possible future.

"When I grow up, I want to be a soulless monster trapped in a suit of enchanted armor and compelled into violent service for a commercial institution through torturous psychic conditioning." -- Armifer
Re: And So It Goes 05/05/2009 10:42 PM CDT
Tiesse,

Glad you posted this, thought I was going loco about not being able to find the Hara trail anymore for the housing!

I wonder (of course, now that you've already deleted them...hehe) if you couldn't leave the rooms themselves there and just de-activate the housing until it is requested again? Some of the housing areas were really nicely written and on occasion they also provided a safe & mana-rich area for healers/clerics to hang out.

Kythryn
Re: And So It Goes 05/06/2009 03:18 AM CDT
That area was never added to TF :(

..and I'm pretty sure the extreme shop appeared there once.
Re: And So It Goes 05/07/2009 05:16 PM CDT
>Glad you posted this, thought I was going loco about not being able to find the Hara trail anymore for the housing!

>That area was never added to TF :(

Looking into this. Not sure why it's not open anymore, but I'll find out.

>I wonder (of course, now that you've already deleted them...hehe) if you couldn't leave the rooms themselves there and just de-activate the housing until it is requested again? Some of the housing areas were really nicely written and on occasion they also provided a safe & mana-rich area for healers/clerics to hang out.

Silly! No rooms are being deleted, just the housing exists. I totally agree that some of the housing areas are awesomely written, and I wish they'd see more use.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague