Ratha Homes 09/07/2003 01:43 AM CDT
[Reshalia Trade Road, Woods]
Suckers have sprung up all around the stump of a tree, roughly hewn with an axe a year or two ago. In time the suckers will grow up into a ring of young trees, with the father stump decaying into a punky mound in the center. Insects swarm over the rotting wood, some eating it, some making their home in it, and others preying upon the rest. You also see a shady elm tree.
Obvious paths: northeast, southwest.
>look tree
A house has been built among the sturdy limbs of the elm tree.

Apparently no one lives here and yet I cannot claim it. Also a bunch of abandoned homes in same area that cannot be claimed.

A ship's rat scurries into view.
The ship's rat tries to tend its wounds.
Re: Ratha Homes 09/08/2003 04:48 PM CDT
I thought this kinda thing happened when someone claimed a home, but never went inside it, which makes their name appear on the house. So likely someone does own it, they are just evil. Lots of houses like this in Theren. I wish it was possible/a way for the Premium team to send mail to the accounts that have houses like this, telling them to actually name said house, or move out and free up house for new premium accounts.

"...And yes, I could see the Elemental Music restore spirit much like it restores vitality. Just because some can't, doesn't mean I'm wrong. It means they're narrow minded." --Prickly
Re: Ratha Homes 09/30/2003 07:30 AM CDT
I'm chiming in a little late on this one, but if you "study home" it will tell you "this is owned by someone" or "this house is available to claim" (along with some other stuff).

Hope that helps.

Iocanthe
Re: Ratha Homes 10/01/2003 10:29 PM CDT
Yes it does, but there are at least 3 homes on the fourth tier that are abandoned, have no visible owner and still cannot be claimed so I had to settle for one on the second tier.

A ship's rat scurries into view.
The ship's rat tries to tend its wounds.