Horse Clan Homes 03/07/2010 02:07 PM CST
I would love to see some tents available in Horse Clan, or treehouses.... anything my barb can call home. Thanks!

"Under the sword lifted high, there is hell making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of bliss."

~Miyamoto Musashi
Re: Horse Clan Homes 03/07/2010 11:39 PM CST
I'll second that...Elves have put up with Kyth sleeping on a bedroll down the quiet path for far too long.

Kythryn
Re: Horse Clan Homes 03/31/2010 01:07 PM CDT
Any way for people to become citizens of Horse Clan yet?

"Sometimes you guys scare me."--Annwyl
"You people worry me."--GM Abasha
"Hmm..."--Z
Re: Horse Clan Homes 03/31/2010 01:17 PM CDT
>>Any way for people to become citizens of Horse Clan yet?

This please.

"Under the sword lifted high, there is hell making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of bliss."

~Miyamoto Musashi
Re: Horse Clan Homes 03/31/2010 02:59 PM CDT
<<Any way for people to become citizens of Horse Clan yet?

I think citizenship of a province is plenty. I would however, like to be able to affiliate with a certain area. Say have a local registrar at an Inn, bar or something that's in an area where you can register to be considered a 'local'. No perks except the ability to add it as a title, no monthly fees (or maybe a very small one), and you can only be registered to one area at a time. Also, if you're a citizen of Ilithi, you wouldn't be able to register in an area of another province.

Areas that can be considered for this would be Horse Clan, Fayrin's Rest, Undershard, Corik's Wall, Raven's Point, Tiger Clan, Knife Clan, Kaerna, etc.

Necromancy brings out the Stupid in us all. -Armifer
Re: Horse Clan Homes 03/31/2010 04:26 PM CDT
> I would however, like to be able to affiliate with a certain area.
> Say have a local registrar at an Inn, bar or something that's in an
> area where you can register to be considered a 'local'.

I've always thought that folks got to be considered locals by sticking in one place for a while. The idea of a registering for local status seems like a needlessly artificial construct, when the same effect can be had by just staying put for a while.
Re: Horse Clan Homes 03/31/2010 05:17 PM CDT
<<I've always thought that folks got to be considered locals by sticking in one place for a while. The idea of a registering for local status seems like a needlessly artificial construct, when the same effect can be had by just staying put for a while.

You don't get a title saying you're of an area by 'sticking in one place'. You can be 'of <province>' but not of a specific area in that province. I'm assuming that gaining the title is the intent of the OP.

Necromancy brings out the Stupid in us all. -Armifer
Re: Horse Clan Homes 04/05/2010 07:18 PM CDT
>I think citizenship of a province is plenty. I would however, like to be able to affiliate with a certain area.

This really falls outside the domain of Premium, but there's this:

The PROFILE /SET LOCATION command allows you to set your preferred location.
PROFILE /SET LOCATION {LOCATION}
Example: PROFILE /SET LOCATION Crossing
PROFILE /SET LOCATION Penal Colony

Current locations:
Ain Ghazal Arthe Dale Boar Clan Cape of Storms
Chyolvea Tayeu'a Crossing Dark Hand Dirge
El'Bain's Forfedhdar Fornsted Hara'jaal
Hibarnhvidar Horse Clan Hvaaral Ilaya Taipa
Ilithi Knife Clan Langenfirth Leth Deriel
M'Riss Mer'Kresh Muspar'i Penal Colony
Qi'Reshalia Ratha Raven's Point River Clan
Riverhaven Rossman's Landing Segoltha River Shard
Stone Clan Surlaenis Taisgath The Ways
Therenborough Therengia Throne City Tiger Clan
Vela'Tohr Valley Vela'Tohr Woods Wolf Clan Zaulfung
Zoluren

ASGM Zadraes
Premium Liaison
ALAE GM (Platinum)
Logistics Lead
Re: Horse Clan Homes 04/06/2010 12:23 AM CDT
the only problem there: titles are IC. profile settings are OOC.

some folks want the IC thing for RP reasons.

my dwarf for example would MUCH rather show himself as a citizen of stone clan than of zoluren.

although one of my dwarves is probably ready to become a citizen of hib.

Out of curiosity, did you make everyone stop trying to kill Lyras so you could go try to kill Book?

Re: Horse Clan Homes 04/06/2010 08:25 AM CDT
> the only problem there: titles are IC.

Titles are OOC.
Re: Horse Clan Homes 04/06/2010 08:35 AM CDT
<<the only problem there: titles are IC.
<<Titles are OOC.

They're a blend of both IC and OOC, and it can be successfully argued either way depending on your viewpoint.

<<profile settings are OOC.

Although this is true, you can easily leave a notation in your quote that it is acceptable for others to take the location information as IC.

-Evran

* Prophet Hotoke Fuku-Nyorai snuck out of the shadow he was hiding in.
Re: Horse Clan Homes 04/06/2010 09:34 AM CDT
Titles are IC. If you don't think so, try putting up a Necromancer title in town.

See what happens.

Wait for it.

Out of curiosity, did you make everyone stop trying to kill Lyras so you could go try to kill Book?

Re: Horse Clan Homes 04/06/2010 10:15 AM CDT
Didn't we just have this identical argument a week or two ago?

-Dihm
Re: Horse Clan Homes 04/06/2010 10:20 AM CDT
<<Didn't we just have this identical argument a week or two ago?

Yes.

It comes up every few months. And the conclusion is always that they have aspects that are both IC and OOC.

-Evran

* Prophet Hotoke Fuku-Nyorai snuck out of the shadow he was hiding in.
Re: Horse Clan Homes 04/06/2010 01:57 PM CDT
>>This really falls outside the domain of Premium...

I was originally wondering if there were any plans to have home sites in Horse Clan. So are there?

~Miyamoto Musashi
Re: Horse Clan Homes 04/06/2010 03:57 PM CDT
> Titles are IC. If you don't think so, try putting up a
> Necromancer title in town.

I understand where you're coming from, but other folks inability to make a distinction between player knowledge and character knowledge does not impact the nature of the mechanism.

Unless we're to assume that we've got the titles stitched on our shirts, or their hovering above our heads, I really can't see how this mechanic could be rationally construed as anything but entirely OOC.
Re: Horse Clan Homes 04/06/2010 03:58 PM CDT
> or their hovering above our heads

They're, not their. I hate it when I do that. :(
Re: Horse Clan Homes 04/06/2010 04:02 PM CDT
I think the IC component to Titles is the abstract representation of your reputation, your mannerism, barely noticeable gestures, habits, casual small talk and interaction with NPC's, general atmosphere around you, etc.

RIP Tachid. Thank you for all the laughs.
(17 Akr., 394 ~ 5 Uth., 397)
Re: Horse Clan Homes 04/06/2010 04:10 PM CDT
>Unless we're to assume that we've got the titles stitched on our shirts

The scarlet title...

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Horse Clan Homes 04/06/2010 04:48 PM CDT
<< Unless we're to assume that we've got the titles stitched on our shirts, or their hovering above our heads, I really can't see how this mechanic could be rationally construed as anything but entirely OOC. >>

This one comes up every few years. Titles are indeed IC, the same way people automaticly know what your name is and countless other unrealistic things in the game. If you do not like such things, there is always plat, or you can just live with it even if you do not like it.
Re: Horse Clan Homes 04/06/2010 05:29 PM CDT
titles are IC in plat too.

If i put up my necro title in town, even if i were the only person in the game at the moment, <which at 4:30 am in plat- that can happen>, i'd get the hounds making me into BBQ s'kra.
even if i were to put it up in a private house somewhere, i'd STILL get hit with social outrage. thats what those titles are. They're IC. period.

Re: Horse Clan Homes 04/06/2010 05:35 PM CDT
Oh yeah, titles are 100% IC. Which is why you can walk up to a town guard with the "Criminal" title and not get harassed.

>describe boar
Re: Horse Clan Homes 04/06/2010 05:36 PM CDT
Also, I'm pretty sure everyone knows you got social outrage from putting up a necromancer title. You've told us about 7 times now. We get it.

>describe boar
Re: Horse Clan Homes 04/06/2010 07:08 PM CDT
>titles are IC in plat too.

How many times will mods request you not post about plat in non plat folders before you comply?
Re: Horse Clan Homes 04/06/2010 07:15 PM CDT
Come on Yan... clearly n + 1.

The Moose
"My advice? Run to a safe room, then re-roll. It's guaranteed awesome."
Re: Horse Clan Homes 04/06/2010 07:24 PM CDT
I think we're done with the discussion about titles here. If you guys want to continue talking about them, please take it to the appropriate folder.

Thank you!

Svafa

___
Any questions or comments, please contact me at Mod-Svafa@play.net or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-Annwyl@play.net.