Atmosphere Alterations 09/02/2013 03:12 AM CDT
So a friend came to me asking if I would help her create an item she could have altered. I told her sure, but she didn't know and I haven't a clue. Like how many characters can the item be? How many characters can the item look be, How many characters can the random atmosphere lines be? Are there limitations to what the lines can be? Can I have the item flutter and fly around her and land? or sprout a flower and decay? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Re: Atmosphere Alterations 09/02/2013 03:23 AM CDT
From Premium 11 4:

>What is an EZAtmo'd item?
An EZAtmo'd item makes use of the ATMOSPHeric verb. Similar to snake charms or forehead jewelry, the messages you add to your item wil be randomly displayed to yourself and to the room. Note that the room message is seen whether you're hidden or not, so don't include your name in the room messaging.

>The LTB option allows you to add 3 sets of messaging to a single item. The same rules as EZScripted items apply -- keep the texts short and reasonable, come prepared and the GM working on it has the ultimate final word in the design.

>Additionally, take care to avoid making living toys. Snake charms are an example of what NOT to do with your item, but are a good example of the randomly firing messaging that defines what an EZAtmo is. Focus your messages on things like light glinting off your item or the wind causing it to flutter, rather than "Jimmy's mechanical sparrow trills out a lovely melody as it zooms around his head."

Hope that helps

Blackguard Danoryiel

"Sogan udazama umbunor fau arrazoi inishatu seiremisai. (Only the fallen have nothing to despair)"
Re: Atmosphere Alterations 09/02/2013 03:56 AM CDT
Additionally, the alteration guide: http://www.play.net/dr/info/alteration.asp
Re: Atmosphere Alterations 09/02/2013 05:06 AM CDT
This is something you and your friend might be interested in going to. There will be people present who are willing to help you prepare items for HE fest, as well as give you a general idea on the basic rules of alterations and the more specific ones of certain artisans.(copied from the event calendar)

Show and Tell: Part I

When: Wed, September 4, 10pm – 11pm

Where: Shoan a Sidelkuloa, Shard's Theater by the South Gate

Description: Please join Theater Directors Ruea Ruin and Sesi Hart in Shoan a Sidelkuloa's Lounge for the launch of their four part workshop about all things alteration. In this first introductory session, basic rules and etiquette for working with merchants and their assistants will be presented, as well as a chance for all those attending to show off work they've previously had done with special emphasis on My First Alteration.

Please note that any Alterers that may show up for these events are there to answer questions about their work. They are NOT there to do alterations, please refrain from asking, begging or attempting to bribe them to do one. (Disclaimer: This does not mean that one will show up for this event .)