Item Hider 12/07/2011 03:56 AM CST
Unless I missed it on the alteration guidelines page, I'm shooting in the dark on this one.

I'd like to be able to alter an item (irrelevant for the moment what that might be) to hide a few items. There were some nice cloaks and belts and other items that could hide the things I want at the fest, but nothing that I could see replacing items I'm already wearing(i.e. my cloak, belt, backpack).

I don't really feel its necessary that someone can see that I'm wearing a gweth, particular charm or other small item just by taking a glance at me. Example: I envision my lockpick ring being attached to my belt behind my back. You aren't going to see that with my cloak on. Flip-side, while aesthetically pleasing to not see the "lumpy bundle" you're wearing, its kinda hard to hide that bulging mass of skins and critter parts.

So, is it possible to alter an item to be a "hider." I'd spend more LTB points if I need to, heck even permanently bond the item to me to prevent me from ever selling it. Items like my backpack and my cloak are pretty much permanent to my character.

Deadly Deretis Desitus, Blademaster of Ratha
Re: Item Hider 12/07/2011 04:52 AM CST
Yes, item hiders of both the magical and mundane sort can be altered and even combined, up to a limit of 3 types of item hiding mechanics being covered by one item. To the best of my knowledge, there's only one alterer that can (or at least has so far) altered and manipulated these items. That would be Keishalae, who made several appearances at the most recent Hollow Eve fest.

Work involving item hiders is expensive, depending on what you want to have done. Here's a link to a cached post detailing what she'll do and what it'll cost: http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Post:Scroll_alter_question_-_1/16/2010_-_19:24:11

Thanks to having things combined, Ogdaro's standard gear, 24 worn items, only shows as 4 visible items. Now if only gweth hiders also hid albredine rings...

Ogdaro
"Take chances and see what you can get away with, it only costs you a favor or two if you mess up." -Issus

P.S. Please, some nice GM, as a present for the holidays for a bunch of us: Update the gweth hiding mechanic to also hide albredine rings!
Re: Item Hider 12/07/2011 04:56 AM CST
The answer is technically yes, it can be done. But it is extremely difficult, because there is only one alterer who can do it (Keishalae), and you have to provide her with items that are hiders in addition to what you want altered.

For example, you could give her a plain silver torque (armor hider), along with a regular cloak, and she could "put" the armor hiding qualities of the torque into the cloak (along with altering the description of the cloak if you like). Then whenever you turned your cloak, it would hide armor, until you removed the cloak.

Catching Keish is the real problem. I have only ever seen her do sessions at Hollow Eve. You might be very lucky and find someone's altered Keish item for sale afterward, but I don't think it's the kind of thing you could get with LTB points (though someone please step in and correct me if I'm wrong).

Your best bet for now is to stick with the more common hiders from Obscured Visions and that other shop from HE. I can point you to a trader who has some if you need (I think you know who I'm talking about, heh).

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Item Hider 12/07/2011 05:22 AM CST
So I need to pick up a few items that already hide to "combine" with the items I'm already wearing. And then track down Keishalae (or hope that maybe an LTB scroll would work?).

Well its a start. I'll probably run into you Eyuve later this week and see if we can locate that trader.

Deadly Deretis Desitus, Blademaster of Ratha
Re: Item Hider 12/07/2011 05:34 AM CST
>>So I need to pick up a few items that already hide to "combine" with the items I'm already wearing. And then track down Keishalae (or hope that maybe an LTB scroll would work?).

You'll have to track down Keishalae; LTB scrolls currently don't allow you to alter magical items (although to be frank I have absolutely no idea why beyond the Premium GMs not wanting to tinker with magic item code).
Re: Item Hider 12/07/2011 05:55 AM CST
>>Well its a start. I'll probably run into you Eyuve later this week and see if we can locate that trader.

Sure, or feel free to IM me at Eyuve. I'll be a bit out of touch for the next day or two but after that will be around again.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Item Hider 12/07/2011 07:41 AM CST
>>P.S. Please, some nice GM, as a present for the holidays for a bunch of us: Update the gweth hiding mechanic to also hide albredine rings!
Re: Item Hider 12/07/2011 08:56 AM CST
>P.S. Please, some nice GM, as a present for the holidays for a bunch of us: Update the gweth hiding mechanic to also hide albredine rings!

===
Oleveir says, "One must be careful around the angry ODS women."
Re: Item Hider 12/07/2011 05:49 PM CST
I have no idea who the alterer was, but it was an announcement within these Estate Holders back for January 2010. That did item hider into other items, I don't know if there was any alteration or if that needed to be separate, and the person only did say: put backpack hiding into a bracelet.

I think all of the prices were listed and while the worthiness of a platinum has only decreased, her prices (I think it was a her) were all in the hundreds of platinum (I think kronar).

Anyways, if you'd want to find it that may help you. I think it was supposed to be a semi-regular thing. So maybe it'll be every two years, and happen again in a month?

Re: Item Hider 12/07/2011 07:23 PM CST
That was Keishalae