Knifey McKniferson 02/10/2010 04:45 PM CST
Could we get a simple alterer that would change our beautiful and coveted skinning knives into belt knives?

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi,
Gor'Tog Barbarian
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Re: Knifey McKniferson 02/11/2010 10:17 AM CST
>>Could we get a simple alterer that would change our beautiful and coveted skinning knives into belt knives?

More likely the other way around... buy a belt knife, and have it altered to look like your skinning knife. Although it would likely still need to be a "belt knife."

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

Faerie tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know dragons exist. Faerie tales tell children that dragons can be killed.
- G.K. Chesterton
Re: Knifey McKniferson 02/11/2010 12:33 PM CST
probably be a mechanical pain in the ass, but yeah like a tago or well or above balanced would probably make a better skinning knife. make it belt worn/useable and uselese in combat.
or a knife temperererer
~stabby mcstabsalots

You glance down to see a severed thumb in your right hand and a severed thumb in your left hand.
Re: Knifey McKniferson 02/11/2010 03:47 PM CST
Fairly sure knife balance or actual stats doesn't matter for skinning.

The system just checks the weapon type, then checks for the word "skinning" in the TAP, AFAIK.

I might be way wrong on this.

Rev. Reene

Xalahai says to you, "Don't you know me? I'm Jhipicalain, the awesomest warrior mage ever."
Xalahai says, "Then I will go hide in my tower where nobody can get to me. Because I am the greatest. Ever."
Re: Knifey McKniferson 02/11/2010 08:29 PM CST
>>The system just checks the weapon type, then checks for the word "skinning" in the TAP, AFAIK.

That was confirmed by Z at some point. It looks at the weapon and if it's got "skinning" as the adjective and "knife" as the noun, that's what gives it the bonus.

Can't be bothered to try and track down the post itself right now though, sorry.

Squire Xalahai Zayasero, Player of
"This idea may have worked in another time and another place, but here it immediately fell on its face and went 'Durp durp.'" - Armifer