alteration question 03/08/2004 10:40 PM CST
Hi,I hope I'm posting in the right folder but I was wondering if dolls can be altered with an LTB?I just bought a human baby doll at the fest and I would like to alter it slightly to make it a male<since there was no male human>and change the appearance slightly and maybe if allowed take the word doll out.My husband and I are rping us having a baby and it would make a great rp tool!Does anyone know if that can be done?oh and would it lose the verbs if it were done?The verbs are so cute.Thanks so much!

Karmelita
Re: alteration question 03/09/2004 05:53 PM CST
I don't see any problem with altering one of the dolls to change its gender, but I don't see them taking out the word "doll" especially if you can pop the head off and drink from a hidden flask with the YANK verb. :P

"Come fairies, take me out of this dull world,
For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance
Upon the mountains like a flame." -- W.B. Yeats
another alteration question 01/09/2007 11:53 AM CST
What stance is taken with Verbed items? Can/will the verb be rewritten to fit the item or is that a no no? Also if said item has specail wording when you wear or remove it will that disapear?

Not all of us follow a code. That much is evident.
Re: another alteration question 01/09/2007 07:43 PM CST
Depends on what the verbs do, I think. If it's just standard messaging, it probably would be ok to do as there's not likely to be any script associated. If it has a script associated, then the GM would have to pore through all the associated scripts to fix the name.

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: another alteration question 01/10/2007 12:12 AM CST
All verby items use a script of some sort. Some items, however, are "hardcoded" such that altering the item damages the script entirely; therefore, there are some items that can be altered by an alterer without any consequence, and there are others an alterer has to decline, depending on what script that item uses.

The actual alteration of the SCRIPT for that item (ie: changing the wording of a verb or adding/removing verbs from an item) requires a level of QC not typically available during an alteration session, whether it be live or through a scroll type of system. Such a request will nearly always be declined unless that specific alterer has been pre-approved by management to make such changes. That type of approval rarely occurs.

GM Reexa

Another LTB alteration question 07/02/2010 02:41 PM CDT
I just wrote out my request, not thinking that I had canceled my premie subscription yesterday. I don't think it's really canceled until around the 15th or so, but if no one gets to my alteration before then will the scroll still work? If not, will it still charge the points or will the request just get shelved?
I'll be playing on a basic account, and it will be a few months before I go premie again. Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere.
Re: Another LTB alteration question 07/02/2010 03:17 PM CDT
I'm almost certain I've seen a GM say at some point that LTB alteration scrolls still work just fine even if you downgrade before it's been completed.

Ogdaro
Re: Another LTB alteration question 07/02/2010 06:21 PM CDT
Thanks, guess I'll keep it and hope for the best.