Prev_page Previous 1 3
Alteration 03/03/2004 01:29 PM CST
I won an alteration at a meeting a few months ago and was supposed to have been gotten a hold of at some point about it. I have heard nothing about it since that meeting. Just wondering if we just not around same time or what.

It was Brablo who won the alteration.

Brabs

Fighting with a bunch of archers in Geni.

"Hey, it's shoot GENI, not shoot GEN!"

Ambassador Genneron, of M'riss
[Arcath] "Public Service Announcement: Please shoot at the archers and not at Arcath"
Re: Alteration 03/05/2004 11:06 PM CST
I've been looking for you and Imp but we must not be on at the same times. I've set out an alert for you both so hopefully someone can find you. Thanks! Rinae
Re: Alteration 03/06/2004 12:49 PM CST
Ooompa!

Thank you thank you thank you Rinae and Olarra!!!! It couldnt have been more perfect if i was the one doing the alteration myself! Id also like to thank the gnomish race, for without them being the target of my joke, none of this would have been possible. This was an idea ive had in one form or another for a number of years before i even knew there was a 'standard' item to build off of. This is a dream item for me, never really expected to have the chance to get but never gave up hope either, thank you very much! :D

* Imp was just struck down but died happy!

a looming mahogany standard crowned with a blue diamond phoenix with outstretched wings bears the D'Contracte family banner that you are wearing.

A sturdy leather strap dangles from the shaft allowing it to fasten on the shoulder before battle. A large white banner billows at the top, broadly displaying the D'Contracte family crest. An amber eyed fiery-red phoenix with outstretched wings spans its width, holding a stitched greatsword in one talon and several spears in the other. In the center of the phoenix's breast, three silver boars are depicted with their snouts pressed to the lettering of a flowing block script.
There appears to be something written on it.

A deep red mahogany standard reads:
"Let the Hunt be Found Eternally"

"Your body writhes as if struck by a bolt of lightning, but the sensation passes, leaving you flushed and out of breath, yet still shivering from the experience."
Re: Alteration 03/08/2004 03:27 PM CST
Rinae,

If can give me a general idea of time, I can make it a point to be around most likely.

I fluctuate through different characters through out the night.

Best bet to catch Brablo is before 9 eastern, but can be around later if have some sort of notice.

Brabs

Fighting with a bunch of archers in Geni.

"Hey, it's shoot GENI, not shoot GEN!"

Ambassador Genneron, of M'riss
[Arcath] "Public Service Announcement: Please shoot at the archers and not at Arcath"
Alteration Idea 06/20/2004 09:48 AM CDT
I haven't had any alterations yet, ever, so I have no idea how far fetched this is or if it has been suggested before of if it hasn't even been done already. So far whenever I have a good idea it turns out it was somebody else's idea first...

I was basically wondering if it was possible to do an alteration that would allow an item, such as a container, and the items in it, to essentially become one item, which would allow it to be hung on a wall, put on a table, etc. in a home. The items of course would not be retrievable from the container. You could look at them individually though.

The container could be anything, but I'm thinking specifically of some kind of collectors case. I noticed, for example that I am starting to acquire an interesting collection of pipes. So if I put them in the case and then had the modification done, I could hang my little collection on the wall.

People could collect instruments, gems, hunting trophies (claws, teeth etc.) anything they'd like. I think 5 items is reasonable. The alteration could change the name of the item to [thing] collection.

-M
Re: Alteration Idea 06/20/2004 10:05 AM CDT
Alterations typically involve changing only the TAP, LOOK, and READ descriptions on an item.

For your idea, you are more likely to see that as some kind of new item. As far as submitting the idea, I'm not certain where the appropriate place would be.

Arcelebor

Combat Combos http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/steelflash/drealms/weapons.html
Combat Quick-Reference http://dr.theflightline.net/combat.htm
Re: Alteration Idea 06/20/2004 12:36 PM CDT
Even though it can't be done as an alteration, I don't see any problem with submitting that idea as a new furniture piece. The boards are the right place to submit the idea, although the best place on the boards is probably in the "Furniture - Shops & Ideas" topic of the Estate Holders of Elanthia category.

It's definitely a neat idea and something that many people would love to add to their homes, including myself!

~ the player of Aavarine, et al

"Come fairies, take me out of this dull world,
For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance
Upon the mountains like a flame." -- W.B. Yeats
Re: Alteration Idea 06/20/2004 03:27 PM CDT
Well shows you once again what I know. There'd definately have to be some sort of process though for making it change from 6 items to 1, some kind of intervention.
Re: Alteration Idea 06/20/2004 04:43 PM CDT
I had been asking for bookshelves that would only hold books. I think display cases would be a good idea. They only hold one sort of item. Like figurines. Or, in your case, pipes.

Mytherceria, Stylebunny Extraordinaire.
Re: Alteration Idea 06/20/2004 04:48 PM CDT
Something to hold all the medals and pins some characters get would be great.
Re: Alteration Idea 06/21/2004 12:23 PM CDT
These are all wonderful ideas, and things I've wanted since I was a player. I can't figure out how to do them, but will ask around again among my coding friends to see if they think things like this can be done.

A display case as an item of furniture would likely be the easiest, and likely to take the place of the chest/closet-type item... As far as adding items into items and making them one item, there are limitations on the amount of text any one item can manage, and unless the only thing that showed was the TAP... there's not currently any really satisfying way to make items disappear and still have their text remain...

Iocanthe
Re: Alteration Idea 06/21/2004 01:06 PM CDT
>As far as adding items into items and making them one item, there are limitations on the amount of text any one item can manage, and unless the only thing that showed was the TAP... there's not currently any really satisfying way to make items disappear and still have their text remain...

What if an alterer sold items such as a gem case, a display case, whatever, several cases named in ways appropriate for holding different item types. These would not be containers. On their own, they would not hold anything or open/close. You'd just have "a case" of some kind in your hand.

The alterer would take any items from you that you wanted displayed in this case, as well as the case that you've just purchased from him. Lets use the example of your rare gem collection:

- The case might be "a polished cherrywood gem case." When you look at it you would see "The polished cherrywood gem case is holding nothing."

- You might have "a pretty rock, a shiny rock, a really expensive rock, an even more expensive rock, and a diamond shaped like Iocanthe", all of which you want in this case.

The alterer would take your gems, scrapping any look they might have individually and using only the TAPs, and copy them over to the look of the gem case. You'd be left with:

TAP: a polished cherrywood gem case
LOOK: The polished cherrywood gem case is holding a pretty rock, a shiny rock, a really expensive rock, an even more expensive rock, and a diamond shaped like Iocanthe.

Of course, the items could not be removed or manipulated anymore, since essentially they no longer exist. If you wanted to add more items to the case, you could track down the same alterer again to add to the LOOK. There would need to be a limit to how many items you could list in the LOOK, and you lose your pretty gems, but you have a nifty piece of fluff that you can put on your table in your home.

Would this work, or am I way out there? <g>

~Vien De'Lionne of the Monks, a Prydaen.
Re: Alteration Idea 06/21/2004 02:27 PM CDT
It just seems unrealistic that you can't take the things back out of the case.

But a case meant to hold certain things should be allowed to be hung on the wall. They could sell a bookshelf...that holds 10 items but they could only be books, handbooks, spellbooks, prayerbooks....that sorta stuff. Books.

There can be a jeweler's case that hold 10 gems or jewelery pieces (earrings, bracelets, necklaces). I don't think that this would be too hard. There's already coding that recognizes what is and what is not a gem.

Obviously, these things are not meant to create extra vault room, but just to display things people collect.

Perhaps, for people that have 'odd' collections, a furniture alterer could be present. They could take the wall hung bookshelf but instead of allowing it to hold books, they could change the code to allow it only to hold things with 'pipe' in the tap. Or to only allow it to hold wine bottles....or shoes/boots.

Thanks for looking into it Iocanthe! <3

Re: Alteration Idea 06/22/2004 12:51 PM CDT
>> What if an alterer sold items such as a gem case, a display case, whatever, several cases named in ways appropriate for holding different item types. These would not be containers. On their own, they would not hold anything or open/close. You'd just have "a case" of some kind in your hand.

Bah! You stole the idea I had before this one that I didn't tell anybody about. hee
Re: Alteration Idea 06/22/2004 12:58 PM CDT
>> It just seems unrealistic that you can't take the things back out of the case.

I agree, it does, but...

>> Obviously, these things are not meant to create extra vault room, but just to display things people collect.

That's what people might end up using them for, storage. And I am thinking that this is discouraged due to resource issues, that's why we only get so much home storage. Making something only hold certain types of items would be a partial remedy to that, and in some way probably save resources, though I don't know for sure.

The "alteration" I was thinking essentially turn five items into one item (albeit a somewhat complex one), which would (I think) be less "resource intensive."
Re: Alteration Idea 06/22/2004 04:55 PM CDT
However, we were told we'd be able to have multiroom houses in DR2 since everything's getting expanded. Is this still the case Iocanthe-me-love?

Re: Alteration Idea 06/22/2004 06:51 PM CDT
"Possible but not being worked on yet." was the response at SimuCon, I believe.

Arcelebor

Combat Combos http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/steelflash/drealms/weapons.html
Combat Quick-Reference http://dr.theflightline.net/combat.htm
Alteration Scroll? 07/26/2004 01:30 PM CDT
Okay, I feel silly but I picked up an LTB scroll awhile back. My first alteration submission was rejected, so I need to change my scroll. However, I'll be darned if I can recall the verbage that allowed me to see how to manipulate the scroll? All of the usuals don't work: LOOK, APPRAISE, READ< GLANCE, etc. The portal to the caves isn't currently open, and even if it was, not sure I could get back into the first year tent to read the sign again.

Anyone know?

Mrena
Re: Alteration Scroll? 07/26/2004 06:40 PM CDT
If you need to change your item, try WRITE CHANGE while holding the scroll in the right hand and the new item in the left. If you plan to use the same item, just WRITE NEW {text}.

Hope this helps!

AGM Zadraes
Premium/Platinum Assistant
Re: Alteration Scroll? 07/29/2004 03:49 PM CDT
Just wondering how long, on average, it takes to go from a scroll to actually having the alteration done? Not trying to start a fight or anything just curious.

Xavain
Re: Alteration Scroll? 07/29/2004 05:16 PM CDT
Well. I guess it depends on what you want done. My first LTB took one day total.

Re: Alteration Scroll? 07/29/2004 06:00 PM CDT
I think there's currently a substantial backlog, though.

Arcelebor

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
Re: Alteration Scroll? 07/29/2004 10:30 PM CDT
After you write what you want on the scroll do you have to do anything else with it or just wait till you get contacted by a GM?

Xavain
Re: Alteration Scroll? 07/29/2004 11:47 PM CDT
Once you write out your request, a GM will claim it to work on it. Depending on what the item is, what all you've requested, and anything that may need to consulted with another GM on, the length of time varies.

If for some reason you just wanted to change "some leather pants" into "some blue leather pants", chances are you'll get it rather quickly. Conversely, if you want them to become "some leather pants with glowing sigils of doom surrounded by rabid death squirrels", well...that particular one would get shot down pretty quickly--but in general we'd check with a few folks to see if it could be done.

Once you've written out the request, when a GM works on it you should see a message when you log in. Can always read the scroll for information on it. :)

Hope this helps!

AGM Zadraes
Premium/Platinum Assistant
Re: Alteration Scroll? 07/30/2004 05:29 AM CDT
Thanks much. Just didn't want to sit around for a month with it written up only to find out you have to submit it after writing it or something. (grins)

Xavain
Alteration Tips from Behind the Curtain 12/22/2004 10:31 AM CST
(cross-posting this from the Events folders since I know a lot of similar questions come up in relation to LTBs--GMR)

Alterations are one of those opportunities that players have to define a bit of who their characters are, where they come from, what they believe in. As such, they are agonized over, coveted, and are, in my opinion, as important to personal character development as the systems and guilds that each character participates in. Perhaps this is why they generate so much debate, discussion, and anticipation. I have often responded to questions regarding what is and is not ok to alter, the processes and procedures, both here and in game, and have read many posts from fellow players who have offered their own experiences and recommendations. Over the last weeks, while participating in Excursion alterations, LTBs, and general IG altering, I've realized that there are a lot of questions still unanswered for people, and a lot of people still approaching their first alterations (sometimes after many years!) with great trepidation and confusion. Some alterers do one thing, some do another...yes you can alter that, no you can't, well sometimes maybe, but not now...

What follows is some information, and answers to some of the most common questions I've encountered in recent weeks. I hope that it's helpful to you in the future.

GM Reexa

Q: "I really suck at this alteration thing."
A: Ok so I know that first one isn't really a question, but it's by far the most common comment I receive. Though I've seen posts from a handful of folks who really pride themselves on being able to write alterations, the vast majority of players seem to believe that they are no good at it at all. Though I address this individually when I alter, I'll say it broadly now:

There is no such thing as being bad at designing an alteration. Ever.

Those of you who have had alterations rejected or revised may be rolling your eyes at that statement, but I do mean it. As I mentioned earlier, alterations in a text based world help define who your character is. Alterations are, in essence, your imagination, and a bit of your character's soul. As such, no alteration idea is ever a bad one. Execution of that idea, however, is where the problem sometimes lies.

What I believe is that a lot of people have trouble translating their vision into words, and this is the part that people struggle with. Part of the confusion comes from understanding what is and isn't allowable by game and system standards (some of which I hope to clear up momentarily), and part of it just comes from not having strong writing skills. That does NOT mean your idea is bad, so if that thought pops into your head, you chase it right on out again. While the wording of it may not be appropriate for the game environment, that doesn't mean that the idea can't be conveyed with some word tweaking.

Q: "Can I get my cambrinth {whatever} altered?"
A: This gets lumped into the "Some alterers do one thing, some do another...yes you can alter that, no you can't, well sometimes maybe, but not now..." category. Why? Cambrinth is a tricky material to work with in terms of altering. Doing it incorrectly can lead to the cambrinth ceasing to function altogether, for example. Because of this, altering cambrinth requires some guidance from the Magic Team, and is generally done in only some circumstances and with special permission. This is why, for example, cambrinth is not alterable via the LTB scroll system, and why, when you do find an alterer who will do it, the cost of such an alteration can be very high.

Some important things to remember about altering cambrinth if you do have an opportunity and desire to do so:
1) The mana amount cannot be changed.
2) The "base item" cannot be changed without special permission from the Magic Team, which is why (if you are having a "live" alteration session), the alterer will tell you no when you want to change an armband to a tailband. This criteria may change at a future date, but has not currently and still applies.
3) Cambrinth is a mineral. As such, consider the size of the item you are having done and compare it to the design. There is no way even the most skilled artisan is going to be able to put a scaled replica of the Crossing on a cambrinth ring. Minerals aren't that flexible.

Q: "I keep hearing alterers talk about the "base item". What does that mean?"
A: Every item that exists in game--from the chairs you sit in at the local tavern, to the ring on your finger, to the apple you feed to your donkey--is based off of a template for that item type. Many (most) of these items have certain qualities that are inherent to that item type. These qualities include: value (how much it appraises /sells for), size (can it fit in a pouch/backpack/sheath?), volume (how much can it hold?), strength (how much damage can it take/deliver before it's destroyed?), content (if it is magical, or contains metal)...there are many more, but you get the idea. In addition, there are a number of items that have properties specific to that particular item (what we, as players, commonly call "verby" items). These templates are what we use to build off of, and are what we refer to as "base items." Changing the base item essentially requires that the ENTIRE item be changed, template included. Doing this then requires levels of QC that are not available during a typical alteration process, and often requires approvals so that (for example) a gem pouch does not end up holding what a journeypack can. This is why, when getting an alteration, you'll typically be told no if you want to change a haversack to a backpack, or vice versa. Since those two items have different properties, requests of this type are usually turned down. We also do this to ensure that your nifty, verby bodice doesn't lose its verbs by changing the bodice to a vest.

As with so many things, there are exceptions to the above rules from time to time. We have had, for example, a specialized merchant who can "stretch" bags for a fee, or as many of the older players may be aware, periodic merchants who can balance or temper weapons. In general though, be prepared that such requests will be turned down, and have an alternate idea in mind.

Q: "Can I get a tattoo?"
A: Yes, tattoos can be altered. HOWEVER (and yes I'm stressing that word on purpose), tattoo alterations are even more complicated than cambrinth alterations, and require very specific training on the GM side in order to do them. Currently, there are only a couple of GMs that can do tattoos, and for now, tattoo alterations and training are on hold pending some revisions in the training process. As such, tattoo alterations will likely continue to be on the rare side, and not something available through scroll systems such as the LTBs or Excursions.

Q: "What do I need to know about getting my weapon/armor/shield altered?"
A: First, keep in mind what I mentioned about "base items." This applies to all items but especially to weapons/armor/shields, and containers, since their properties are what tell the item how to function. Therefore, a broadsword cannot become a scimitar, "leathers"cannot become "leather armor", and so on.

Second, READs cannot be added to weapons/armor/shields. If you have a phrase you want to add to your item, consider incorporating it into the LOOK. If you're not sure how to do that, let the alterer help you...that's what we're here for.

Third, balance/tempering are done rarely and by highly specialized merchants only.

Fourth, bonded or forged weapons CAN be altered. If you are doing it through the scroll system (LTB or other), you will need to be online with the alterer at the time that the alteration is completed because there is an extra step the GM has to do in order to make sure everything "sets" correctly with your alteration. If you know for certain that your item is forged or bonded at the time you submit your alteration request, it's helpful to mention that in advance...most of the time we can tell, but sometimes we miss it and then say "doh!" when the scroll system doesn't work as you try to WRITE ACCEPT on the scroll (if you've ever had that happen before, now you know why). If you aren't certain, but you try and WRITE ACCEPT and get some kind of message about needing to empty your carving knife first, now you know why...it means we need to help you "live" in order to get the scroll through. All you need do if this happens is ASSIST, or WRITE REPLY on your scroll to let your alterer know the scroll is yelling at you to empty your item, and we'll take care of it.

Lastly, if your forged item has a maker's mark on it, that maker's mark MUST remain in the LOOK of your alteration request. If you don't add it in, we will automatically. It's a measure of respect toward the person who created that item, and leaving it in the LOOK is not negotiable.

Q: "What other tips can you give me for altering?"
A: I have numerous recommendations, and will likely think of more as soon as I hit "post." In addition, your fellow players likely have as many (if not more) than I do. However, here are 7 immediate thoughts that come to mind:

1) Be prepared with your materials. The rare materials listing put out by the Wedding Team is a good place to start (the list can be found on GM Tvini's Web site at http://www.tvini.com/), and a good baseline to follow. However, you should be aware that individual alterers may have their own criteria regarding what they will and will not provide. Therefore, if you wish to request that the material of your gown be changed from a simple fabric (cotton, basic silk, satin) to something more unique (nightsilk, spidersilk, watersilk), be prepared to provide that material even if you have not needed to in the past. Likewise with gems, or some woods.

2) Be prepared to be flexible with your design. There are some phrases, words, or word placements that we (as GMs) need to adjust according to our alteration rules. For example, commas cannot be added to TAPs, which means that we may ask you to drop a word or two from an adjective heavy TAP request. Why? Well let's say you want "a brilliant blue super-absorbent flexible spongy hair barrette with cascading green curly beaded ribbons." Because of all the descriptors, the correct way of writing such would look something like:

"a brilliant blue, super-absorbent, flexible, spongy hair barrette with cascading green, curly, beaded ribbons."

Which means that if you LOOKED at the person wearing it, you would see:

You see GM Reexa

She is wearing black trousers, a white blouse, a brilliant blue, super-absorbent, flexible, spongy hair barrette with cascading green, curly, beaded ribbons, and some boots.

According to this, I'm wearing trousers, boots, a blouse, a blue, a super absorbent, a flexible, a spongy hair barrette, a curly...you see the problem? An alterer can help you whittle down your descriptions so that you say what you want to, with less words.

3) Along the lines of the above comes a suggestion, not a necessity, but in my opinion it's an important thought to keep in mind. We're in a text-based world, and rely on words to convey the images since graphics are absent. With that in mind: "show, don't tell." Or, to coin a phrase from school: "active versus passive voice."

Let me note here that passive voice is NOT incorrect by any means, and there are many people that prefer passive voice to active voice. It's a bit of a personal fingernail-on-chalkboard for me, so if I see it I'll usually try and talk you out of it, but it's NOT incorrect. However, the difference is that passive voice tends to "list" things, while active voice tends to "paint a picture". Active voice isn't an easy way to write for a lot of people, but if it's something you can get a handle on, you may find it more pleasant to read through. And, as a bonus, you may find that using active voice trims words out of the description, making it more concise.

4) Partnered with number 3, consider the "flow" of your alteration. I know many players (and GMs!) who will do the double log-in trick so they can get their inventory "arranged" correctly, flowing from head to toe in logical sequence. Your alteration should do the same. There are many options when considering the flow of an item: back to front, front to back, top to bottom. Broad to detailed, or vice versa. It doesn't matter which direction you choose, but choose one and go with it. Consider the following:

Option 1: The cloak features a sequined red fox across the back, tail curled and brushing the hem. A ruby clasp framed in gold closes the garment, while red-tipped fox fur lines the hood. Tiny rubies stitched along the hem complement the clasp, and brush the sequined tail. The body of the cloak is lined with snowbeast fur.

Option 2: The cloak features a sequined red fox across the back, tail curled and brushing the hem. Red-tipped fox fur lines the hood, blending into the snowbeast fur that lines the body of the cloak. A ruby clasp framed in gold closes the garment, complementing the tiny rubies stitched alond the hem.

Both options present the same features, but how does your eye flow in your imagination?

Option 1: Back of cloak on the outside, front of the cloak, inside top of the cloak, bottom outside of the cloak to the bottom of the back of the outside of the cloak, inside body of the cloak.

Option 2: Back of the cloak, inside of the cloak, front of the cloak, bottom of the cloak.

The eye of your imagination follows a more logical progression with Option 2, making you more inclined to have a full visual picture of the cloak when you are done reading. And, incidentally, that was made up on the fly so anyone is welcome to steal it if they like it, provided you can provide the materials if requested. ;)

5) Racial references should be capitalized; thus "dwarven chain" should be "Dwarven chain". Also, if you opt to create an item with some racial references, be prepared that the alterer may need to obtain approval from the appropriate "Race Champion" before your alteration can proceed; this can add time to your alteration completion.

6) "Title" descriptors that identify an item as belonging to or designed for a specific person or group of people are very sketchy, and may be turned down unless there is precedence in game for that item. For example, there are items in game with the labels of "hunter's", "stalker's, "sniper's", etc. However, these items have specific properties associated with them that allow these labels. If your item did not have this label originally, it cannot be added to your item because your item will not match the template of those original "base items" (there's that phrase again!) Likewise, using a guild title as an identifier (marshall's, sorrower's, trailmaster's) will likely be rejected unless the alterer received permission from the respective Guild Team. For anything else, consider what it is about your alteration that identifies the item as being such. You could CALL anything an "herbalist's" pack, but if all you see when you look at it is that it's brown and has a stain on it, there isn't anything about it that tells you it's specifically for an herbalist. A stained pack with embroidered healing herbs, many pockets, and a strap to hold and protect glassware...with that, you're getting somewhere.

7) "Paladin Guild vs. Paladin vs. paladin: When to capitalize and when not to.": Our guilds are like our RL professions. If you keep this in mind when designing your alteration, you can apply a modern analogy to your designing strategy:

Jane is a doctor. She is Doctor Jane. She works at the hospital. She works at Memorial General Hospital.

Jane is a paladin. She is Paladin Jane. She is a member of the paladins. She is a member of the Paladin Guild.

I'm certain that you'll have other tips, and that I'll think of more to add as they occur to me. In the meantime, please feel free to ask for clarification if any of this seems confusing!
Re: Alteration Tips from Behind the Curtain 12/22/2004 01:25 PM CST
::gives Reexa a hand massage after that long post::

Very informative, and gives me more encouragement to get through the next six months so that I can get my first LTB!
Thank you Reexa.
~Brady, player of many.

It sounds great, but I think it could use a little more cow bell.
Re: Alteration Tips from Behind the Curtain 12/22/2004 02:35 PM CST
That is the MOST useful post I've ever seen a GM make regarding alterations. Thankyou very much! Think you could get that posted somewhere permanent? Like on the website somewhere or in game with the premie alteration guidelines?

Vien De'Lionne
Re: Alteration Tips from Behind the Curtain 12/22/2004 02:38 PM CST
We'll look into it. In the meantime, I have it in a text file for occasional reposting, if needed.

Glad it helps :)

GM Reexa

Re: Alteration Tips from Behind the Curtain 12/22/2004 04:28 PM CST
Wow, Reexa! That was above and beyond, and very thoughtful and kind of you to post. Big kudos =)
Re: Alteration Tips from Behind the Curtain 12/22/2004 05:45 PM CST
Post it in the in game news. That way it can be put back in the news as new during festivals and paid events like Romancing the Seas.

flip
Flip what?

Need bonding or divorce roses or wedding services? Contact me at: kalira@play.net

My website of cleric info: http://hometown.aol.com/kaliradr/myhomepage/profile.html
Re: Alteration Tips from Behind the Curtain 12/26/2004 06:05 AM CST
Currently, there are only a couple of GMs that can do tattoos, and for now, tattoo alterations and training are on hold pending some revisions in the training process.

I have an alteration from Osera does this mean I'm out of luck or should I just keep holding and see if he comes around. Maybe we can discuss other options. Atalas.
Re: Alteration Tips from Behind the Curtain 12/26/2004 07:26 AM CST
As far as I'm aware, all tattoo alterations are on hold. They are not, however, on hold indefinitely, so you if you have a voucher for one, you may want to hold onto it.

GM Reexa

Re: Alteration Tips from Behind the Curtain 12/31/2004 09:22 PM CST
Niamara gives Reexa some more crackers.

That being said, I noticed in your post something about a dual log to get things in order. This is the first I've heard of this and would love for my inventory to flow head to toe! What do I do to get this?

Niamara
Re: Alteration Tips from Behind the Curtain 01/01/2005 12:26 PM CST
<<That being said, I noticed in your post something about a dual log to get things in order. This is the first I've heard of this and would love for my inventory to flow head to toe! What do I do to get this?>>

When you log out and back into the game, your inventory reverses. So if you log in, log out and back in, your inventory will reverse twice (and thus look like you want it to).

Meghan
Alteration voucher and The Seacaves Cabanna 02/22/2005 09:37 PM CST
wondering if anyone knows anything about this I have an alteration voucher for Lailoni, and I've noticed she tends to come to the sea caves, now I've had an alteration done in the past 4 months in the seacaves do I still have to wait to redeem this voucher or does the voucher nix that waiting rule and the next time she's around I can get into the tent to have my alteration done reguardless if the waiting period is up or not.

Thanks

Kristen

Re: Alteration voucher and The Seacaves Cabanna 02/23/2005 09:32 AM CST
I have a similiar question.

My non-premium character has a Lailoni voucher that she cannot get redeemed because Lailoni has for the last six months or so, only been in premium areas. Is there another way of getting the voucher redeemed?

Thanks

A dark brown Zoluren marnet scampers after a small beetle then chitters with disappointment as the insect unfurls its wings and flies away.
Feature Alteration 06/21/2005 08:38 AM CDT
This probably won't happen since "shifting is illegal" but how about an alterer who could make specific changes to your appearance? Like "a single white streak above her left eye" in the character's hair color. Or "gold-flecked emerald eyes."

Bard Lydaiva's (and others) player
Re: Feature Alteration 06/21/2005 09:30 AM CDT
Shifting is not illegal, and never has been. It is, however, strongly discouraged in public places and could alarm folks that see it being done in public.

At this point in time, I don't see feature changes to this degree being done by an alterer.

GM Reexa

Re: Feature Alteration 06/21/2005 11:15 AM CDT
An alterer did come around once to dye hair.

There was a huge hue and cry on the boards about how she was usurping the empath's abilities.

Personally, I'd like to see more feature alterations like they have over in GemStone.

A dark brown Zoluren marnet squeaks with excitement as it pursues a small insect across the surface of the water. A final lunge brings the hapless creature into the marnet's mouth where it is rapidly consumed.
Prev_page Previous 1 3