Question 09/28/2003 11:42 PM CDT
Do you have to be in game for the LTB scroll to finish the alteration?
I've typed accept and can't be in game a lot to wait for it to poof into the new item.

A ship's rat scurries into view.
The ship's rat tries to tend its wounds.
Re: Question 09/30/2003 07:25 AM CDT
If you've typed accept, the item has poofed, and it hasn't popped into your hand in 10 minutes (or within 10 minutes of your logging in again), please drop me a note and let me know which character had the scroll (and what year it was if possible) so I can give the Gnomes a good thwack. Sometimes they like an alteration so much, they think we won't notice if they just keep it. ;)

Iocanthe
Re: Question 09/30/2003 03:44 PM CDT
>Sometimes they like an alteration so much, they think we won't notice if they just keep it. ;)

I've had that happen. Rinae fixed me up. :)

~Coine

"Walks are therapeutic, especially when taken by people that annoy me." - Coine
Re: Question 10/01/2003 10:13 PM CDT
The item hasn't poofed yet. I just haven't had it where it didn't poof immediately after I typed accept, and I've been waiting a week for it to.

A ship's rat scurries into view.
The ship's rat tries to tend its wounds.
Question for Lailoni 06/24/2004 05:15 PM CDT
I know this marvelous alterer works with jade, etc., and I am lucky enough to have a voucher for her. Would it be possible for her to alter a Stiltskitter helmet (which I have), if appropriate metals, and gems, were provided?

Thanks!

Kithria
Question 07/31/2004 02:25 AM CDT
I guess this is where it goes. Just to make sure, the verbs and such won't change after I alter it, right?

Player of Raydell, among many others.

Re: Question 07/31/2004 04:31 AM CDT
nope. Just the look, tap, and/or read if you choose to change or create it.

~Bre

Blood flows red. Without skin, we're all brothers.
Question on an alteration 09/17/2004 07:25 AM CDT
I am wanting to alter my Foresters crossbow to a snipers crossbow, is it possible or what? and of course there is gonna be more to the alteration then just a snipers crossbow...

~I hate sand~
Re: Question on an alteration 09/17/2004 12:57 PM CDT
From what I've seen, alterers don't like to make <profession>'s items these days. Also, sniper's items offer a bonus (reduction in penalty?) to sniping. You can't do things like that with most alterations.

I doubt they would let you do it.

-V.R.

>give salesgirl 15 lirums
The salesgirl gives you a funny look. "This lirum is worth more than 15 lirums!"
Re: Question on an alteration 09/17/2004 01:03 PM CDT
I am not sure about this. When I had my cloak made, I was told it could be made as long as it already existed in the realms. So I made a swordman's cloak, as well as dueling pants and shirts. Sniper bows exist, so it may be able to be done. But as mentioned, it won't give you the bonus, so maybe not. I would say the best thing to do would be to try and see what the individual alterer said.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
~Herm Albright
Re: Question on an alteration 09/17/2004 01:09 PM CDT
<<I am not sure about this. When I had my cloak made, I was told it could be made as long as it already existed in the realms. >>

I don't think so in cases where there's an inherent bonus or special properties to something. For example, you cannot alter armor or weapons to say "a kertig broadsword" until the GM verifies it does in fact have kertig in it. Likewise I doubt you'd have any luck getting a scimitar altered to be a T'kashi Mirror Blade. The potential for abuse alone would reason to deny such things.

Gizella
Re: Question on an alteration 09/17/2004 01:57 PM CDT
Thanks for the reply everyone, I am wanting to alter my foresters...would be nice to be able to alter it. Also i had no idea that sniper crossbows had a bonus to sniping, makes sence though.

~I hate sand~
Re: Question on an alteration 09/17/2004 02:52 PM CDT
The limitation on profession-type items hinges greatly on justifying it in the appearance, I think. "Sniper's" is a bad example since there are some mechanics implied by the designation, but I've had an alteration done using a similar descriptor (and known at least one other person who did the same). These were both recently, so not a matter of getting them done current policies were active.

Arcelebor

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
Re: Question on an alteration 09/17/2004 03:37 PM CDT
Not an Estate Holder myself, but I got an alteration at the last Theren Fest and I was allowed to use forester's only after I had justified it by the description.

Austriaul,
Wandering Recluse
Re: Question on an alteration 09/19/2004 11:16 AM CDT
That's funny, I wanted a sorcerer's cloak, even though a robe was sold at the last fest that was like that, I was told No, even though it's IG, we can't do it.

Be careful what you wish for.
New LTB Altering Question 06/21/2010 10:12 PM CDT
I know this may have been answered in the past but I can't seem to find it. This is my first LTB alteration so I'm not sure exactly how this works.

I spent 900 points on a altering scroll and wanted to know if the following is possible to do with this scroll:

I have a fitted robe of mottled red silk with a billowing amber overlay with a few verbs on it.

With this scroll can I change the tap and the look and if so, how? If not, what do I need to be able to change both? I don't really care too much about the verbs, I'm just looking for a new tap and look. I tried to use the write new verb with both descriptions in the write command and it didn't work.

If someone can please let me know if this is possible and how can I do it? Thanks in advance.
Re: New LTB Altering Question 06/21/2010 11:30 PM CDT
It's been a little while since I used one of the scrolls but I'm pretty sure you hold the item you want altered in the left hand and the scroll in the right hand and use one of the WRITE commands (probably write new) followed by how you want it to be altered.

You can alter the tap, the look and the read descriptions on the item.

Ogdaro