Furniture and other objects for outside the house 08/28/2011 07:20 AM CDT
would it be possible to add slots for things "outside" the house? these would show up along with the home, not only when we enter our homes. For instance : a garden? Or maybe a bird bath? <i was thinking when I was carving a deep basin <page 1 in the carving book under items>, that this item would make part of a lovely bird bath. But you don't have a bird bath inside your home, you have it outside.

Maybe fences also, once wood becomes workable in the system? Or gateways. Particularly for those homes that are in "high-class" neighborhoods, you can have formal gardens, even put in a statue <like the one on the grounds of the errhrsk manor :-)>. Even in poor neighborhoods, you can still have a garden <like many folks in the usa had victory gardens during ww2>. Would it be possible to add a "yard" slot for homes?

Explore the Final Frontier - the unknown calls
Re: Furniture and other objects for outside the house 08/28/2011 10:38 AM CDT
Doesn't this already exist?

I could have sworn that there are door types, wind chimes, and seasonal things you can put outside your home, depending on what type of home you have.
Re: Furniture and other objects for outside the house 08/28/2011 10:49 AM CDT
somewhat, but i'm talking about things you can add with the crafting system. Now the only way to put things on your house is, say, you buy a tree in the seacaves, you can "put tree on house". I'm talking about an additional slot so you'd not only have that tree, but a yard as well. So you could say, have a house with a tree <house outdoor slot>,and a birdbath in the yard. <yard slot>. Or, say , a statue of a Dwarf in the yard. Or if we can ever carve avatars of dieties, maybe a statue of Kertigen. :-).

Explore the Final Frontier - the unknown calls
Re: Furniture and other objects for outside the house 08/28/2011 12:36 PM CDT
As long as this is something you only see when explicitly looking or examining the house. I don't want my room description to be a wall of house fluff.

-Evran

Move Emalerje to the town of Dirge, eh!
Re: Furniture and other objects for outside the house 08/28/2011 01:24 PM CDT
I don't know, this almost seems to me like it would be the same as having a 'second room', only one would be outside :P

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Furniture and other objects for outside the house 08/28/2011 07:45 PM CDT

At least he's not asking for tables outside, right?
Re: Furniture and other objects for outside the house 08/28/2011 11:16 PM CDT

Hah! Tables suck.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!