Re: Spending LTB's 06/02/2011 09:34 PM CDT
Will the toothpick allow you to pick through a trap?

Dierik
Re: Spending LTB's 06/02/2011 09:42 PM CDT
Yes. You can even disarm it after the fact.
Re: Spending LTB's 06/02/2011 10:11 PM CDT
I don't open boxes. I'm a skinner. I am a Moon Mage so I can look in the box before opening it. I could wait for a good box and use the toothpick once a day.

Time to get the thing out of my vault!

Dierik
Re: Spending LTB's 06/03/2011 02:49 PM CDT
<<Madigan, do the tooth picks have charges or are they unlimited and you can use them once per day forever?

Once per day. I have no idea if there are charges or not, I suspect not. So far it has worked on every box I have encountered but not every lock (i.e. it doesn't work on a door lock to my knowledge).

One of the more useful LTB's IMO.

Madigan
Re: Spending LTB's 06/04/2011 02:40 AM CDT
<<So far it has worked on every box I have encountered but not every lock (i.e. it doesn't work on a door lock to my knowledge).

I think it works on everything that a normal lockpick would work on. Since all locked doors in the game have been broken since Lockpicking 3.0 came out, I assume that is why the toothpicks no longer work on them as well.

-Evran

The first slayer of Malik, may he not rest in peace.
Re: Spending LTB's 06/04/2011 02:40 AM CDT
<<One of the more useful LTB's IMO.

Oh, and agreed.

-Evran

Re: Spending LTB's 06/04/2011 11:28 PM CDT
i'm curious, if you were to have 2 of these toothpicks, do they operate independent of each other? so you can use them twice per day or is the timer character based and it doesn't matter how many of them you have.

Damian, a voice from the distant and long-forgotten past.
AIM:DamianDR
Re: Spending LTB's 06/05/2011 02:25 AM CDT
<<i'm curious, if you were to have 2 of these toothpicks, do they operate independent of each other? so you can use them twice per day or is the timer character based and it doesn't matter how many of them you have.

They're independent of each other. So you can use one once every 24 hours, and the other once every 24 hours with no interference between the two.

-Evran

Re: Spending LTB's 06/07/2011 05:12 PM CDT
These have been out long enough that I'll throw a red name with official info into the mix -- no charges, once per 24 hours, only work on boxes and the timer is tied to the item, so multiple toothpicks gives you multiple picks in a given 24 hour period.

ASGM Zadraes
Premium Liaison
ALAE GM (Platinum)
Logistics Lead
Spending LTB's 03/18/2011 10:11 AM CDT
I've got 3400 LTB Points. any thoughts on what I should spend it on?
Re: Spending LTB's 03/18/2011 11:19 AM CDT
Alterations.
Re: Spending LTB's 03/18/2011 12:30 PM CDT
If you do not have the max type ahead lines, go for that!

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Transcendent Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: Spending LTB's 03/18/2011 01:30 PM CDT
>>Alterations.

Are the alterations fluffy in nature, or can I add better stats to weapons and armor? If it's a fluff type thing, I always feel creativity inadequate in terms of figuring out what the description should say.
Re: Spending LTB's 03/18/2011 01:34 PM CDT

Reply Delete

>>If you do not have the max type ahead lines, go for that!

I don't understand the value of that. I never notice "you can only type x lines ahead". I guess I just don't know how to utilize extra lines.
Re: Spending LTB's 03/18/2011 02:21 PM CDT
in genie 3 you can stack commands using a ; as long as there is no rt they will execute one right after another.. So I use retreat;get hammer;throw and get all 3 commands off at the same time.. wait for the rt and repeat.

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Transcendent Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: Spending LTB's 03/18/2011 03:16 PM CDT
>> Are the alterations fluffy in nature, or can I add better stats to weapons and armor? If it's a fluff type thing, I always feel creativity inadequate in terms of figuring out what the description should say.

I don't think you can change the item itself. It's all just fluff. If you need some help coming up with stuff, just ask.

Also, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: Spending LTB's 03/18/2011 03:50 PM CDT
>I use retreat;get hammer;throw

Just by being premium you get an extra one don't you? So this command should work without spending LTBs on it. Unless you have other examples that are longer, the extra type ahead line still doesn't seem that useful.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Expert Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: Spending LTB's 03/18/2011 04:37 PM CDT
>I don't think you can change the item itself. It's all just fluff.

Essentially correct, though for some items you can use a different system to add verbs.

Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Combat Balance Sheet:
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/balance2.xls
Re: Spending LTB's 03/18/2011 09:44 PM CDT
Benefits of the LTB extra type ahead line:

1. Hitting the queue cap on Genie is very easy because of its speed. An extra line lets you take advantage of this speed.
2. SF is the opposite, being horrible at putting commands into the queue in a speedy manner, so you get a lot benefit from that extra line since its noticeably easier to hit the 'Sorry, you can only..' error even with the 2 extra lines.
3. The LTB persists even if you downgrade to Basic.

-Evran

Gay, geeky, and a little bit cheeky.
Re: Spending LTB's 03/23/2011 01:37 PM CDT
I like the toothpicks. Open any box, once per day, per toothpick.

Madigan
Re: Spending LTB's 03/23/2011 02:01 PM CDT
>Open any box, once per day, per toothpick

I thought the cool down was variable based on the difficulty of the box.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Expert Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: Spending LTB's 03/23/2011 02:18 PM CDT
I thought success was based off of Arcana skill :P

__
~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Spending LTB's 05/31/2011 06:21 PM CDT
Madigan, do the tooth picks have charges or are they unlimited and you can use them once per day forever?
Re: Spending LTB's 05/31/2011 06:28 PM CDT
I used to use my toothpick quite often, and never noticed anything about charges. Lately I've not had to resort to it since my locks skill is considerably closer to my primary weapon than it used to be.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy