Tent 10/19/2002 12:19 AM CDT
Well, while visiting Aesry on my honeymoon and noticing the lack of inns with latcheable doors in the area, a thought crossed my mind that I thought I'd run by ya'll.

You could probably charge 400 plat for this and it would sell.

What about a portable, collapsible (so it could be carried in a backpack or worn on a shoulder) tent that has a lock of sorts on it? It would be wonderful, a home away from home....

Charging a fortune for it would keep the numbers down, but still be something for those rich enough to perhaps need a second home the option. It could collapse itself and attach itself to you if you logged off so that it didn't have to remember that you were in the tent, and when you woke up the next day you were just lieing in the grass, same as when you get a room in an inn.

I havent seen any suggestions on this before, or maybe I have just missed it and there are already tents for sale?

::ears perk forward hopefully::

Mistarrial
Re: Tent 10/19/2002 01:59 AM CDT
Both Soim and I had suggested different versions of this in the "thief" folders as a locksmithing tent that you could fold up and carry with you, and you could open and set up anywhere--inside or out--of town, you would be able to pick boxes inside without the risk of in-town justice if you blew an area trap--the customer still would have the chance of being affected by an area trap---but it wouldn't be abusable like ya had people setting off gassers and such in public areas--hence no town guards getting worried--the gas--whether laughing gas, poison gas--etc--would be confined to inside the tent.

This could be similar to the Ice fortress---except more mundane--you'd have to carry it around with you <you'd have a RT to set up the tent>, you could also vault it.

I'd like to see an additional option or variation of this idea for rangers as well. Everyone knows rangers like to camp out in the woods.

Well
if you're done playing for the day and just want to drain your EXP, and if you go into a house thats in the city to drain, you end up Mooing. And if you just blend into a random area--you have the off chance of some invasion coming along, some person setting off an area trap, etc.

So a pup tent to sleep in would be good for rangers too.

Make some sort of flap that is Closeable <lockable> so people don't barge in when you're sleeping as well.
Re: Tent 10/19/2002 02:29 PM CDT
I suggest you both keep your eyes peeled for the next auction....a new item was previewed at the token auction, an irridecent cube....when used it creates a tower, complete with door, small footlocker, tabel full of food and a butler.....the gods only know what this one is gonna go for.

Anfindel
Re: Tent 10/19/2002 02:32 PM CDT
<< I suggest you both keep your eyes peeled for the next auction....a new item was previewed at the token auction, an irridecent cube....when used it creates a tower, complete with door, small footlocker, tabel full of food and a butler.....the gods only know what this one is gonna go for.

More than a token amount....

Glenlivet
Re: Tent 10/19/2002 03:06 PM CDT
Now if only the tower came with a spellchecker instead of a butler <wonders how he managed to misspell table as "tabel".

Anfindel
Re: Tent 10/19/2002 03:36 PM CDT
>>wonders how he managed to misspell table as "tabel".<<

Haven't you ever heard of the Tower of Tabel. ::giggle::
Kudo's on the 6th Year Estate Holder Tent 12/04/2003 02:57 PM CST
I know this is very late in coming. But, I REALLY want to thank whomever was responsible for the 6th year estate holder tent...particularly for the incredible gowns. I can't tell you how many women in the realms are absolutely ecstatic over the gowns! We'd LOVE to see more "expressive" gowns like these at the next fest, or via a travelling merchant.

Thanks again!!!!
Mellicent
Re: Kudo's on the 6th Year Estate Holder Tent 12/04/2003 07:15 PM CST
Yes we would... <coughs>

--R*a*y**d*e*l**l, et al.

~Real men do it at the keyboard - Down with AFK! ~Anonymous
Closed Seacave Armor Tent? 08/07/2009 06:24 PM CDT
Is the armor tent in the seacave supposed to be closed? I was hoping to snag some cloth and bone armor today and found the tents in the first room all locked up. Is it a daytime nighttime thing or something?
Re: Closed Seacave Armor Tent? 08/07/2009 06:38 PM CDT
Strange! That's the first time I've heard of that tent being closed!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Closed Seacave Armor Tent? 08/07/2009 09:21 PM CDT
>Is the armor tent in the seacave supposed to be closed? I was hoping to snag some cloth and bone armor today and found the tents in the first room all locked up. Is it a daytime nighttime thing or something?

They're temporarily closed during the duration of the Mini-Fest. Once Magma Falls is closed up, the tents will reopen.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: Closed Seacave Armor Tent? 08/07/2009 10:02 PM CDT
Oooh! Okay....

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy