"...All this activity is beginning to make you tired" is a huge BUG IMO 05/13/2020 11:03 PM CDT
I edited out room descriptions...

Logoff : Fri May 1 11:58:53 ET 2020

I log back in with this char on may 13th (no activity for 12 days!!!!)

>unlock door
You unlock the door.
>open door
You open the door.
...All this activity is beginning to make you tired.
Roundtime: 22 seconds.
R>go door
You walk through the door.
..All this activity is beginning to make you tired.
Roundtime: 24 seconds.
R>close pine house
You close the door to a cozy pine frame house.
Roundtime: 25 seconds.
R>lock pine house
You lock the door to a cozy pine frame house.
Roundtime: 27 seconds.

Meanwhile the other characters on the same account can come and go at will no problem.
I'd hope this could be fixed, but after returning from a 17 year absence to find problem that existed 17 years ago, I'm not very optimistic.
Re: "...All this activity is beginning to make you tired" is a huge BUG IMO 05/14/2020 12:54 AM CDT
>"...All this activity is beginning to make you tired" is a huge BUG IMO

(◔_◔)

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: "...All this activity is beginning to make you tired" is a huge BUG IMO 05/14/2020 07:10 AM CDT
Ugh! It sounds like a bug to me too- but were you going in and out that door a bunch right before you last logged out?

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: "...All this activity is beginning to make you tired" is a huge BUG IMO 05/14/2020 12:33 PM CDT
This happens to me alot! It is annoying, to say the least. I don't go in and out of my house often. Sometimes I don't go inside my homes at all.

What use is a home if you can't go in and out of it on a daily or weekly basis and have this super long roundtime happen.
Re: "...All this activity is beginning to make you tired" is a huge BUG IMO 05/14/2020 09:48 PM CDT
I just had this happen to me recently. i wonder if it has something to do with the load of people in Prime and the housing system being a hog so they are trying to artificially slow it down? this is the first time I've had this happen.

Damian, a voice from the distant and long-forgotten past.
Re: "...All this activity is beginning to make you tired" is a huge BUG IMO 05/15/2020 11:51 AM CDT
This happened before all these people came back! It could be there is something running in the background that might be hogging server time. Perhaps quests??

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: "...All this activity is beginning to make you tired" is a huge BUG IMO 05/15/2020 12:49 PM CDT
Homes were coded very differently than any other room in the game due. While we love the benefits the system gives (extra storage, privacy, a place to RP and express your character to name a few), they have many quirks to put it mildly.

I chatted with some of the other GMs, and the "All this activity is beginning to make you tired" system can occur not only when you enter a home but when you interact with the door or window of the home (such as knocking, opening, or moving) inside or outside of the home. This effect also has a short timer that does not drain unless you are logged into the game. The timer is character-based, meaning that if one character interacts with a home (your or another), it shouldn't have any affect on another character's timer.

There haven't been any recent intentional changes to make it occur more, but the GMs are looking to see what can be done to help alleviate it. I can't promise that anything can be done quickly or even Soon(tm), but it's on a radar.

Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator
Re: "...All this activity is beginning to make you tired" is a huge BUG IMO 07/26/2020 02:11 PM CDT
Thanks for replying Helje.
So it sounds like I interacted with the home just before I logged out and again just after logging in? (Which is natural if you like to go to your home to log out and "sleep" on your cot) Makes sense from a RP standpoint. So I guess I should just forget any RP aspects of owning a home and sleep on the ground.

Btw, It has only happened (two occasions) with the character that actually bought the house and none of the others on the account, so I wondered if that had something to do with it. Sounds like no?

Now I have to find where to complain about how EXTREMELY LUCKY I was to find this ONE house available. I have continued searching and still haven't found any more. (And please no one reply and say you know where there is one in the bottom of a dungeon somewhere) Every person who pays for a premium account should be able to go pick a house, since that is one of the advertised benefits. Thanks for listening.