Housing shortage!! 11/18/2019 06:31 AM CST
For the love of the gods, when people pay 25 extra dollars a month there should be a multitude of homes to choose from of any type you wish. This is ridiculous. Just copy past some areas and get this fixed
Re: Housing shortage!! 11/18/2019 09:30 PM CST
It's a bit more complicated than copying and pasting, but I've definitely heard the feedback that more homes are desired.

I'm juggling a few projects so I don't have an ETA on when I can address this, but I am hoping to get more homes added next year. Currently, I have requests for upper-class homes in Ratha and additional homes in Fang Cove. Where is it that you'd like to see new homes added?

Tullie
Re: Housing shortage!! 11/18/2019 09:37 PM CST

I would like more homes added everywhere there are homes honestly. I know its more complicated then just copy/paste, my frustration egged up some snarkiness and I am sorry. Most of my personal characters stay around crossing, and honestly the more populated areas should have at least triple the housing they contain now. What really led to my outburst was running all around like mad trying to find an unclaimed home.... and finding a TON of rooms with like one or two homes in them. Whatever complications are put into creating homes, it has to be at least easy enough to make every single room containing homes have more then they do now.
Re: Housing shortage!! 11/18/2019 09:38 PM CST

Is there a way to get your house renamed when there are two "house"s in the same room? fairly annoying to have to guess which is yours each time because they switch in the system every now and then...
Re: Housing shortage!! 11/19/2019 08:00 AM CST
>>Is there a way to get your house renamed when there are two "house"s in the same room? fairly annoying to have to guess which is yours each time because they switch in the system every now and then...

I've seen this a few times. Change the exterior of your house. For instance, you can have a brick house, a stone house, a cozy house, and a dilapidated house in the same room.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Housing shortage!! 11/19/2019 01:54 PM CST
>>Is there a way to get your house renamed when there are two "house"s in the same room? fairly annoying to have to guess which is yours each time because they switch in the system every now and then...

You can change the description of your home, from a variety of different stores. The particular shop you'll need to use varies by the type of home. For instance, https://elanthipedia.play.net/Elite_Architecture will let you customize the look of an "upper class urban freestanding home". With a few different choices of noun, and then some adjectives. There's other shops that cater to different types of homes, and with differing options.

- Miskton
Re: Housing shortage!! 11/19/2019 05:06 PM CST
On a related note, I have a home in the Crossing that I no longer need. I've tried to return it to the system but could not figure out how! I'd be happy to do this, or hand it over to someone, if given instructions.

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald
Re: Housing shortage!! 11/19/2019 08:39 PM CST
Hi Navesi,

You can use HOME DEED to remove your ownership. Once deeded, there's a 24 hour window for someone to turn the deed in to take ownership. After 24 hours, I believe the home becomes unclaimed.

I highly recommend removing any furnishings and exterior decorations you wish to keep prior to DEEDing it.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Homes#By_Deed

Tullie
Re: Housing shortage!! 11/20/2019 04:32 PM CST
Wonderful, thanks.

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald
Re: Housing shortage!! 12/01/2019 08:31 PM CST
My halfling character would love to see more knolls added to Arthe Dale. Currently there is only one per room, when they used to have at least three.

Thank you.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Housing shortage!! 07/26/2020 02:27 PM CDT
I agree
100%
with everything Burgerm said in both posts. I feel that anyone who pays the cost of a premium account (which is MUCH higher than most MMOs that use 100 times the technology) should reasonably be able to expect to go to any of the existing neighborhoods, depending on their tastes, and find available housing. At the least couldn't you design apartment buildings that have no limit or a very high limit?
It seems like someone underestimated what the popularity would be, more than 17-20 years ago, and it has never been addressed since?

Also, am I correct in my understanding that once you go premium, you can never go back to a standard account? Believe I read something like that when I came back and was forced into my old premium account. That fact would really make the housing situation seem like a real gotcha scam. I know it's not intended that way, but it sure makes it FEEL that way.

If DR-TULLIE or anyone else can let us know if any progress has been made since the last discussion last november, it would be surely appreciated Thanks.
Re: Housing shortage!! 07/27/2020 07:03 AM CDT
Once a F2P accounts pays for a subscription (a monthly sub, not the SC store brain boost), it can no longer be a F2P account.

You can change the level of your subscription at any time. (Standard -> Premium, Standard to Platinum, Platinum to Premium, Premium to standard, etc.)

Housing vouchers can be found in the SC store, but you can't downgrade your subscription and roll over your house. It's a little odd. If I remember correctly, you have to leave the house and wait for it to become available again, then get it with the SC voucher. Or something like that.
Re: Housing shortage!! 07/27/2020 03:06 PM CDT
In the last 3 months we've released new housing in Leth Deriel, Fang Cove, and around Crossing as part of Tuesday Tidings. Some of those houses are still available.

I anticipate releasing more housing in the future, but when and where is still TBD. If you have places you'd like to see more housing, feel free to respond with them and I will take them into consideration.

Tullie
Re: Housing shortage!! 07/28/2020 06:23 AM CDT
>If you have places you'd like to see more housing, feel free to respond with them and I will take them into consideration.

Wolf clan please.

~Hunter Hanryu
>I would like to avoid the collection of broken dreams and sorrow that is the Ranger guild.~Agalea
Re: Housing shortage!! 07/28/2020 06:28 AM CDT
Also, am I missing the command to list out all available houses that a character is eligible to claim? Dose someone have a script that traverses all the housing areas they would share?

~Hunter Hanryu
>I would like to avoid the collection of broken dreams and sorrow that is the Ranger guild.~Agalea
Re: Housing shortage!! 07/28/2020 11:15 AM CDT
Wolf Clan, Knife Clan, Tiger Clan, none race/guild restricted lower class home. Could even do knife as rural along the pathway up there. Good place IMHO is near the Forest Fen (the diamond shaped spots), Near the Rivers edge & dry creek bed (1st shoot up to the left across from the forest fen) & another good spots is the Wilderness, Forest where you have 2 offshoots from the main path, 1 right 1 left. Good spots & might help cut down the scripters I see out there on occasion.

Southern Trade Route.. Acenamacra area. Maybe middle class homes, rural? Between where the mammoth/degan docks & the entrance to Leth.
And another between Leth & the gondola.

A lot of these could be lower to middle class rural homes.

And could we see an expansion also on the new jungle homes in FC, not more per room but a couple more rooms? Those rooms are already overcrowded with 5-6 homes in the 4 rooms.
Re: Housing shortage!! 07/28/2020 11:39 PM CDT
More middle & upper class housing in and around the Crossing, not in premium-only areas. Even just a sprinkling of new houses in each existing area would be nice.

Overall... maybe a look at retiring houses that aren't claimed, or belong to people who have unsubbed, or just plain haven't been entered for years? Maybe even a review of giving so many housing opportunities to Premium?

- Navesi

Re: Housing shortage!! 07/29/2020 06:00 AM CDT
>Could even do knife as rural along the pathway up there.

Rural, Ranger-friendly (but not restricted) housing, is exactly what I'm looking for.

~Hunter Hanryu
Re: Housing shortage!! 07/29/2020 08:40 AM CDT

"You can change the level of your subscription at any time. (Standard -> Premium, Standard to Platinum, Platinum to Premium, Premium to standard, etc.)"

Ok, then I must have misunderstood something I read when I returned to the game. Thank you for that information ASTARIN1. Good to know!
Re: Housing shortage!! 07/29/2020 08:45 AM CDT

"In the last 3 months we've released new housing in Leth Deriel, Fang Cove, and around Crossing as part of Tuesday Tidings. Some of those houses are still available."

Does that mean there are new neighborhoods we have to find, or is there new housing in the old neighborhoods?

As far as where we'd like to see housing: The ONE place I was able to find one house available after I returned to the game was in the Crofton Walk neighborhood. But where I had really really wanted to buy a home was in the Communal Center because that area is just so beautiful!
Re: Housing shortage!! 07/29/2020 12:00 PM CDT
Additional homes were added to existing housing areas in and around Crossing. Leth and Fang Cove both received brand new housing areas!

Tullie
Re: Housing shortage!! 07/29/2020 12:07 PM CDT
>>Does that mean there are new neighborhoods we have to find, or is there new housing in the old neighborhoods?

As far as where we'd like to see housing: The ONE place I was able to find one house available after I returned to the game was in the Crofton Walk neighborhood. But where I had really really wanted to buy a home was in the Communal Center because that area is just so beautiful!<<

Fang cove had a small 4 room jungle area opened up, past crabs & uhh them gremlins things. About 5 or 6 homes per room, went within 3-4 hours I think of the announcement/discovery?

Leth I think is the new ranger housing but I havent looked for it as I dont have a ranger over 50th that needs a house/home.

And around crossings? Cant say for sure but not sure where because I havent noticed anything new but I'm probably missing it.

And last I looked the epedia site for housing hasnt been updated in a year or more, I know some folks have been trying, but whoever was doing it if using a script I'd love to help more.

Hence my post suggesting areas mainly around crossings as that seems to be where most folks want to home base, or leth. :)
Re: Housing shortage!! 07/29/2020 04:15 PM CDT

Bard housing would be swell. If any exists, I've definitely missed it.
Re: Housing shortage!! 07/30/2020 09:27 AM CDT
>>Additional homes were added to existing housing areas in and around Crossing. Leth and Fang Cove both received brand new housing areas!

>>Tullie

Thank you so much!

---
Inauri
Re: Housing shortage!! 08/06/2020 07:29 PM CDT
Crystal Forest out west from Shard would be nice

Broichan, et al

>For some reason you just can't stop thinking about glarmencouplers.
Re: Housing shortage!! 03/09/2022 02:10 AM CST
I know the last post in this thread was two years ago, but the housing shortage continues to be a problem.

Some suggestions from me:

More Rakash-only housing near Siksraja and maybe a neighborhood inside the town proper so it feels more like a community than a housing area just off to the side that seems unconnected.

Empath housing in Riverhaven

Bard housing in general

More Ranger-friendly housing, PLEASE.

A new Crossings neighborhood somewhere
Re: Housing shortage!! 03/10/2022 10:07 PM CST

Also need more Fang Cove housing please
Re: Housing shortage!! 10/02/2022 11:16 PM CDT

More houses needed at virtually every location please.