Fang Cove Repairers 08/27/2019 07:48 PM CDT
[Fang Cove, Walkway]
Sweet aromas drift from the two-story building that dominates the area near the cove's pier. A decorative pole holds a dragon-shaped lantern, its bright flame diligently flickering into the night. Groups of inhabitants gather around white wicker chairs and tables beneath the illumination to talk of the day's happenings in the small community while others go inside for more comfortable arrangements.
You also see Osmandikar, a storage cellar, a grass and bamboo hut, a towering marble archway and a large parchment notice tacked to a wooden board leaning against The Shanty.
Obvious paths: east, west.
>
Mapped exits: go marble archway, go bamboo hut, go building, go storage cellar

SHOP IS CLOSED FOR THE NIGHT!

[Script finished (In 0.9764014 seconds): automapper.cmd(718)]
Bonk! You smash your nose.
>get Osmandikar ticket
You get an Osmandikar repair ticket from inside your backpack.
>give Osmandikar
Osmandikar looks sternly at you. "Look. We worked hard around here for many years before you showed up. These days, when we don't have to work, we don't. Try again when I'm in my shop."
> spit
You spit on the ground.

What in the actual hell? The repair shop closes at night, WITH my gear? So for the next 3 hours I have no access to my armor or weapons?

Say it with me realism takes a back seat to playability!

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Fang Cove Repairers 08/27/2019 08:09 PM CDT
This is a serious problem. I'm with you 100%

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Fang Cove Repairers 08/27/2019 10:59 PM CDT
Well, its been like that the 3 years I've been back, no idea if longer. While you're SOL right now, we are lucky the GMs are leaving the portal open.

I'd said most of us have either learned to do it before the shops (metal & leather repairs, gem shop) close for the night, or just get it repaired where you are. Or learn the repair craft thing, heard it doesnt take to much to be able to fix your own stuff.
Re: Fang Cove Repairers 08/28/2019 09:28 PM CDT
That completely sucks and i agree 1000% none of the shops should be closed for the night, nothing, in fact, should be closed at night.

Damian, a voice from the distant and long-forgotten past.
Re: Fang Cove Repairers 08/31/2019 01:43 AM CDT
last thing i remember them saying, i think during one of the meetings, is they are working on making the shops open 24/7. Like the portal, it's something they are working on.

So yeah it sucks, but they've already stated they are working on keeping them open all the time.