Regarding homes... 10/26/2016 10:13 PM CDT
So, maybe I'm confused or maybe the pay to play system is set up exactly how I think it is... but how is it that if you pay just $4.99 or whatever it is for some simucoins to get a deed for non-premium players you don't have to wait any amount of time? I could easily get a home on my other character for just that price instead of paying the full amount of premium price, which as far as I can discern is really the only major benefit of being premium at this juncture.

Even if I wanted the option to bypass the waiting period:

>> ask clerk about home
>>The clerk shuffles a few papers for a moment, then says, "As far as I can tell, you have 81 more days or so to go before I can register you for a home. You see, the requirements right now are 90 days of consecutive Estate Holdership, and you seem to have only been a member for 10 or so days. Alternatively, if you have 6 months of cumulative membership with the Estate Holders, I can complete your application request."

It's a bit disappointing that I can't just purchase some simucoins and get the housing opportunity immediately.

>>get deed
>>The shopkeep leans over and whispers, "You're an Estate Holder! You don't need this!"
>>A sales clerk says, "Sorry, I won't sell anything to you."

So basically, pay to play customers who want a house RIGHT NOW just need to pony up about 5$ while a premium account needs to wait 3 months? That makes absolutely no sense.
Re: Regarding homes... 10/26/2016 11:04 PM CDT
I hadn't thought about that.. if houses can be purchased from the SimuCoin store without delay, I wonder if the 90-day waiting period for an estate holder could be removed.

As far as benefits to being an estate holder, there are a lot more than just houses. More vault space, quickly moving vaults and Fang Cove are some I use a lot.
Even if houses are all you are interested in, being premium grants you 16 total characters, each of which can have a house.
Re: Regarding homes... 10/26/2016 11:48 PM CDT
Any decision on this has to happen well above my head, but I'm going to pass this concern along for consideration immediately. It is a very valid one in my opinion.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

GameMaster Nohn Essential
AGM -- Events Team -- Provincial Events Lead: Qi'Reshalia -- INTERIM Premium Guru.
"Visit beautiful Qi'Reshalia, where the government really is run by the lizard people!"
Re: Regarding homes... 10/27/2016 08:29 AM CDT

My biggest issue with homes are there are no homes for gnomes!
Re: Regarding homes... 10/27/2016 02:12 PM CDT
It's not a solution that you can do through the website, but you can currently backpay missed premium time through billing by contacting them in order to get a home immediately if you are short.

~Evike
Re: Regarding homes... 10/27/2016 05:49 PM CDT
What do you mean, like, you can contact billing and pay them extra for the next two months to meet the 90 days consecutive play time in order to unlock the home? I don't know, that doesn't sound like that great of a solution to a basic subscription player who only has to pay 5$ to get a house right now with no wait time.
Re: Regarding homes... 10/27/2016 05:51 PM CDT
>>What do you mean, like, you can contact billing and pay them extra for the next two months to meet the 90 days consecutive play time in order to unlock the home? I don't know, that doesn't sound like that great of a solution to a basic subscription player who only has to pay 5$ to get a house right now with no wait time.

No, lol. You can pay backwards to make it like you had premium for 90 days, except you didn't get to experience it.

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: Regarding homes... 10/27/2016 05:56 PM CDT
>>No, lol. You can pay backwards to make it like you had premium for 90 days, except you didn't get to experience it.

I guess I don't understand what you guys are trying to say by paying backwards, that concept is going way over my head.
Re: Regarding homes... 10/27/2016 06:05 PM CDT
You can pay them $120 right now so they move your Premium start date back three months so you can get a home for 'free' now.
Re: Regarding homes... 10/27/2016 06:16 PM CDT
At the most simplistic level, you are paying them to move your premium 'start' date backwards.

So if I made an account today, I could call billing and pay them for 6 months of premium. They would then move my account 'premium start date' to April 27, 2016.

You can also do this for LTB points.
Re: Regarding homes... 10/27/2016 06:50 PM CDT
>You can also do this for LTB points.
I'd phrase it as you'll also get the LTB for those months.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
"Phelim, what have I wrought?"
GM NaOHHI
---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Vic
Re: Regarding homes... 10/27/2016 07:16 PM CDT
It really is as simple as "pay more money for instant premium 90 days". This does not count towards future payments. It's what, $25 a month? so you pay $75 and you get the 90 days of premium applied to your account, can instantly get a home, and the 3 months worth of LTB points.

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: Regarding homes... 10/27/2016 08:31 PM CDT
I'm not really concerned about all the other perks at the moment though, the thread was titled regarding homes. Still having to pay 75$ to instantly get a home is no where near the instant gratification as it takes for a basic subscription to buy simucoins for 5$ and get it immediately. I really hope that isn't the long term answer to this.
Re: Regarding homes... 10/28/2016 12:40 PM CDT
While you guys have given a solution on how to get a home RIGHT NOW in terms of signing up as a premium subscriber, the solution offered doesn't really address the quasi-unfairness of a basic subscriber having the ability to get a home for $5 a month with no wait time.

I really don't think asking premium members to backpay $75 for 3 months of service where they did not get to use any of their other benefits is equivalent to the current SIMUCOIN option of getting a home right away. I'd say that whole system should be looked at and the time limit may need to be removed (more homes being added would also be great, but that's a whole different conversation and I know there was a push last year by Naohhi to add more homes to the system).
Re: Regarding homes... 10/28/2016 12:45 PM CDT
>>> (more homes being added would also be great, but that's a whole different conversation and I know there was a push last year by Naohhi to add more homes to the system).

I just finished an inventory of most of the housing areas and I can say with confidence that every major city and most smaller ones have open homes right now. Many of the areas in the Crossing (which has consistently been the only major city to have limited options) have had more homes introduced. Furthermore I suspect that some areas have hidden homes that will be revealed once the vacancy rate in the area decreases.
Re: Regarding homes... 10/28/2016 01:58 PM CDT
>backpay $75 for 3 months of service where they did not get to use any of their other benefits

Just things to note from 3 additional months.. have the LTBs for 3 months and time counted toward your larger vault -3 months. But yeah timeframe for basic to have home should be added, or premium time needed reduced. Insta-home for basic infringes on Premie benefits a lot.

Can premium accounts buy the $5 thing and just pay for it for 3 months and then just have the home? Sucks to pay extra but...
Re: Regarding homes... 10/28/2016 02:58 PM CDT
>>> Can premium accounts buy the $5 thing and just pay for it for 3 months and then just have the home? Sucks to pay extra but...

IIRC the basic and premium home system works a bit differently so you would have to let your basic home expire and then claim it again as premium using the current programming.
Re: Regarding homes... 10/28/2016 03:19 PM CDT
>>IIRC the basic and premium home system works a bit differently so you would have to let your basic home expire and then claim it again as premium using the current programming.

Yeah, I recall reading something similar to this before on this topic.

Although it doesn't really affect me, and doesn't affect the vast majority of premium players (which is why it doesn't get enough attention), I think it is a restriction worth removing. It is an artifact from a time when only Premium players could own homes, and they were very limited at that.