(no subject) 10/17/2016 10:07 AM CDT
DR misses you! Come back now and get Premium access! http://tinyurl.com/DR2016WinterPromo … #promo #premium #drprime

So i had next to no issues with premium because I know that things are being worked on and that it takes time. But to me this is like a kick in the teeth. I understand that you are trying to bring in more subscribers, but to give them 2 months of free premium access when your current premium subscribers are trying to justify having that access just seems wrong to me. This in itself is enough to make me want to downgrade my accounts.
Re: (no subject) 10/17/2016 01:47 PM CDT

> So i had next to no issues with premium because I know that things are being worked on and that it takes time. But to me this is like a kick in the teeth. I understand that you are trying to bring in more subscribers, but to give them 2 months of free premium access when your current premium subscribers are trying to justify having that access just seems wrong to me. This in itself is enough to make me want to downgrade my accounts.

Do you feel the same way when your cable provider offers introductory rates? I agree that premium needs a reason to exist, but complaining because someone else was given a promotional offer feels a bit extreme.
Re: (no subject) 10/17/2016 02:42 PM CDT
Well to use that example, my cable company does not usually offer introductory rates. It is a very local company with loose ties to a larger one. But when they do, it is usually in conjunction with a release of their own. This past summer they did offer introductory rates but they also had added the infrastructure to to raise the speeds from 100 MB/s to 150 MB/s at the same time at no additional cost to existing customers. They used this upgrade in their system to attract new customers while retaining existing ones. We are not seeing any upgrades in the system.
Re: (no subject) 10/17/2016 03:21 PM CDT
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to try and clarify. Simu has in the past offered free months of playing time for returning subscribers. I never had a problem with that and believe it was a good idea. The problem I have lies in the fact that they are now offering free PREMIUM time that we currently pay extra for. We continue to pay this premium price month after month waiting for the time that development catches up, and now they are giving it away for free? The only reason I continued to be premium was because of the extra storage space, but that is quickly negated by multiple f2p accounts. The premium players are generally more invested monetarily and the first ones to leave/downgrade. Find ways to keep current customers before trying to bring new ones in. Premium membership needs to be revamped before trying to use it as a selling point.
Re: (no subject) 10/17/2016 03:44 PM CDT

> This past summer they did offer introductory rates but they also had added the infrastructure to to raise the speeds from 100 MB/s to 150 MB/s at the same time at no additional cost to existing customers.

That's uncommon in the business world, at least in comparison to offering teasers, loss-leaders, new customer coupons, or introductory rates as a form of marketing. My guess is that this will attract a few people who weren't playing to start. That's a good thing in an MMO. It doesn't degrade the product you're paying for. I'm not a strong supporter of SIMU's business practices, but this isn't one worth getting upset over.
Re: (no subject) 10/17/2016 06:29 PM CDT
I took advantage of this, and have seen it in the past and wondered why they would do that.

For me I have been wavering in my subscription lately and finally decided to stop. Then of course I get the email for 2 months free, and I am back on the DR wagon.

I do feel your pain as it is all about timing, but there are a large number of former players who could easily come back from an offer like this and keep playing, especially with HE coming up.
Re: (no subject) 10/17/2016 07:19 PM CDT
I see it largely as a bigger scheme to their marketing strategy, attempting to get people to play the game again while the playerbase is rejuvenated due to Hollow's Eve coming around the corner. Kudos to them for using their noggins in order to make more money for themselves by ultimately bringing people back and then profiting off of potential sales by those free premium subscribers perhaps buying HE tickets.

Onto the OP's concluding statement, the second postee had a great point. I often get pissed off when my gym markets to new customers with 1$ for two month memberships or the current 31cents for the first month membership when I pay 35$ a month. It's not fair, but I'm already paying to use the service and will continue to because the quality is alright by me.
Re: (no subject) 10/17/2016 07:39 PM CDT
I understand that business model, I do feel like I'm getting rubbed the wrong way. I've brought up loyalty suggestions in the past. I know there was a changing of guards with GMs for Premium and I know GM NaOHHI was getting wiped out and was planning to leave (I'm phrasing it that way, because I hope she's going to stay or come back soon from any leave, but I understand Real Life).

I know players. Players who really want to get into their characters and play the game, and role-play are a huge part of how events become successful.

However again, when you are celebrating six years of continue Premium subscription, and you see the same old same old as the bonus throughout this time. You wonder, hey I've been loyal. Shouldn't something come to these people are loyal.

My suggestion was something about five year, so you get a special type of gift every five years with certain five years being extra special 10, 20, 25 (I know the game isn't even 25 years old yet, but I am HOPEFUL it will totally be here). At the time I suggested months ago it basically was something akin to most auction items being available on a table and you get a pick of one for the table at 5 years, and maybe some extra stuff at 10 and 20 and definitely 25, being on the table, and maybe like some type of event or some other type of boon to you for being loyal well at least to a character you play.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
"Phelim, what have I wrought?"
GM NaOHHI
---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Vic