Question about multi-character policy 06/02/2013 11:44 PM CDT
Hey there,

I've been playing DRealms for over 13 years, been a premium subscriber for 5-6 of those, and this has always baffled me...why is it that if you hold 3 basic subscriptions, play all 3 characters at once, and are able to enjoy, pursue and develop 3 unique characters/guilds all at once...one would still be paying (I believe) less than a premium subscription...where our 15 character slots are enjoyed one at a time? Is this that the premium benefits outweigh the bare-bones existence of a basic subscription...or is it just an underrepresented question? I would figure that paying roughly $5.00 US extra to run 2 characters from a premium acct (vs. 2 basic accts,) that we should be able to run 2 at a time...otherwise it seems having 15 free character slots only encourages throwaway characters. Not meant to be vitriolic, just wondering why this is the case...seems counterintuitive to me...
Re: Question about multi-character policy 06/03/2013 07:12 AM CDT
What game have you ever played that allowed multiple logins from a single account?

The incentive there is for players to either log in 15 characters and afk script them, or to account split with 15 people, which would destroy simu's ability to sell accounts, if you only needed one per 15 people.

Obviously that's hyperbole, but the point stands. Any game requires you to have multiple accounts to log in multiple times because of the above.

Pants.
Re: Question about multi-character policy 06/03/2013 08:56 AM CDT
Haelrahv allows for it but nobody plays that anymore anyway.

===
My spathas at hand,
From the ashes I rise,
With resolve in my heart,
And fire in my eyes.
Re: Question about multi-character policy 06/03/2013 11:29 AM CDT
And a cap of two at a time couldn't be implemented because...? Plus, to maintain that it's the one person holding the acct, they'd just have to authenticate that both were being run by the same computer...would have to go to some lengths to disguise 2 separate players. I mainly bring it up for the economical reasons, though. I.E. my wallet.
Re: Question about multi-character policy 06/03/2013 11:35 AM CDT
>>And a cap of two at a time couldn't be implemented because...?

My guess is that development time wont go into things that would reduce revenue from the game.
Re: Question about multi-character policy 06/03/2013 11:37 AM CDT
>I mainly bring it up for the economical reasons, though. I.E. my wallet.

Which is really the point.

Pants.
Re: Question about multi-character policy 06/03/2013 12:23 PM CDT
Indeed, so my original point makes sense, but won't happen for obvious reasons. I can live with that if I have to haha
Re: Question about multi-character policy 06/04/2013 11:57 AM CDT
Preface this with: Running multiple accounts is on my list of things, I wish the game would ban.

That said, I haven't been premie nearly as long as you (coming up on my third year), but the only reason I do it is for the perks, the premie exchanges, houses, LTB points, premie only alteration sessions, 5 minute vault transfers, extended vaults. So sure I could have three accounts running at the same time and be one of "those people" but none of my accounts would have those things that I like.

I do agree with you that "it seems having 15 free character slots only encourages throwaway characters" as several of mine are just shameless mules for the main character, but again my reasons are different: Offline Drain.

So here comes my pitch again for a new premie/Scoin perk: Offline Drain = Online Drain.

Lock a toon and switch to others for a few hours! No longer penalizing your exp drain by 75%. Sounds like a deal maker to me.