Vault Furniture 05/01/2013 05:16 PM CDT
My # 1 complaint with vault furniture is furniture that cannot be rummaged.

there is zero reason it shouldn't be able to be rummaged.

Yes, I realize you can read your vault book inside the vault now, but if I want to just see the 30 items on the rack, not all 325 items ... that is not helpful.

This complaint goes to existing vault furniture the vault comes with and the vault furniture you can purchase in ratha/fang cove(rotating).

Please, please, please consider making vault furniture rummage-able to make it more user friendly.

In lieu of that, sell more in the Vault furniture store that is rummage-able. And not a copy of something already existing in the vault. (two racks, two shelves, ugh.)

Linett!
Re: Vault Furniture 05/02/2013 04:56 AM CDT
>there is zero reason it shouldn't be able to be rummaged.

It's a container (shelf, etc.) inside another container (vault), which may cause issues.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Vault Furniture 05/02/2013 08:55 AM CDT
>> container in a container

Nah it's the fact it's flat and without depth. That's usually where rummage has problems, or something is closed.

Drawers you can rummage, cause something might be under another thing. While a rack, table, hooks etc is more something you look on instead of in.
Otherwise everytime the vault rotated, all your neatly stacked stuff would fall out from the vibrations when you open the door.

I think trader shops have the same issue too, unless that was changed.
It seems doable for a quality of life fix - but sounds like it might also be overly complex as well.

Re: Vault Furniture 05/02/2013 10:18 AM CDT

There is a simple solution for the problem... Since the drawers work, just sell more drawer type furniture in Fang Cove and back burner this.
Re: Vault Furniture 05/03/2013 02:04 PM CDT

I am not actually arguing the logic of not being able to rummage a shelf.

That would be stupid.

I am saying it is not the greatest thing ever to have a vault contain furniture designed to make it easier to organize your stuff that doesn't actually make it easier.

:)

And if the shelf/rack/hook that are not able to be rummaged are unfixable, then simply add more vault furniture you can buy that IS rummage friendly.

A trunk, A bureau with three drawers, A big box of you have too much crap, really anything, as long as you can rummage (though duplicating existing vault furniture like 2 racks is not as great as not duplicating it)
Re: Vault Furniture 05/06/2013 07:01 PM CDT
Thinking back to how a spellbook case works, would a piece of furniture like a lazy susan with partitions be possible, or popular enough to be worth making?

A piece of furniture with 3-5 partitions, you rotate it to more from one to the next.

I know for me, the three containers in my vault I use the most are the three drawers in....I honestly have no idea what piece of furniture they are in.. I just know I keep certain things in the top, middle, and bottom drawers.. weapons on my weapon rack that I never look at, and a random assortment of stuff on the shelves.

I would need to clean my vault up some..but I think a piece of furniture you can rotate could be useful for me.
Even better if I could label each partition (as long as it doesn't use a real label that takes up already precious vault space..then I'd choose to rely on my memory.)

My three-drawer system works fairly well for me..to keep the 10 things I actually swap out of my vault safe from getting lost in the disaster area that rest is..
I wonder if there could be similar furniture with multiple compartments. First cabinet, second cabinet..or left and right.. first cubby, second..

Another idea could be adding adjectives to vault furniture.. well, can you do that? I've never had anything altered..
I have a top, middle, and bottom drawer to identify my three drawers with.. Could I get another piece of furniture with three drawers, and get it altered to be a fletching, alchemy, and...junk drawer?
No idea if that is possible..just a thought.
Re: Vault Furniture 05/06/2013 09:40 PM CDT
>>Another idea could be adding adjectives to vault furniture.. well, can you do that? I've never had anything altered..

IIRC then yes, they're alterable by a merchant(if they work on that sort of thing) until you stick it in the vault, after that it's stuck.
Re: Vault Furniture 08/29/2013 02:03 PM CDT
>My # 1 complaint with vault furniture is furniture that cannot be rummaged.

Should be able to rummage ON stuff now.

SGM Zadraes
Logistics Lead
Premium Lead
Trader Guild Advocate
Re: Vault Furniture 08/29/2013 04:03 PM CDT
awesome

Re: Vault Furniture 08/29/2013 11:50 PM CDT
YES. <3

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Vault Furniture 08/30/2013 12:57 AM CDT
One of the best updates ever.
Re: Vault Furniture 08/30/2013 11:37 AM CDT
You rock Zadraes!

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Vault Furniture 10/07/2013 01:46 AM CDT
You are the greatest!!!

It is AWESOME!

I just cannot believe Elriic didn't tell me when he read this... since he knows I am (cough) less than attentive to forums.

Super happy Linett!