Fang Cove 01/01/2013 01:02 PM CST

Regardless of in game reason, regardless of whatever plan there is for this place can you please make the shops (in particular the furrier) stay open all the time? Have the guy hire a night shift or something.

I realize there are other priorities right now but it absolutely stinks to have to either consider dropping this 200 skin bundle or wasting time to catch a mammoth (don't even get me started on the wait and travel time on that) in order to get rid of it.

Thanks for your consideration.
Re: Fang Cove 01/01/2013 02:11 PM CST
I agree on having shops and services open day and night but the mammoths are almost as fast as a river ferry. They only dock a couple minutes so the turnaround is quick.
Re: Fang Cove 02/05/2013 09:20 PM CST
>(don't even get me started on the wait and travel time on that)

The travel time is about 7 minutes one way. If you haven't tried them since the general travel speed ups last year, give them another go. For Genie users, be aware that much of the messaging uses the Atmospherics window and sometimes there are issues with that showing up -- it's easy to miss them docking.

To the original request, I'm currently revamping trader financed shops (gems + furriers). Once they're ready, I'd like to get one set up in Fang Cove that can be used whether Gorund's is open or not. Something is in the works.

SGM Zadraes
Logistics Lead
Premium Lead
Trader Guild Advocate
Re: Fang Cove 02/06/2013 07:20 AM CST
>>be aware that much of the messaging uses the Atmospherics window

Why is that? No other transport uses that window. It seems bad form to use a window that is designed to let people ignore annoying things for 'real' game text.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Fang Cove 02/07/2013 04:34 AM CST
>>Why is that? No other transport uses that window. It seems bad form to use a window that is designed to let people ignore annoying things for 'real' game text.

Pretty sure the new Crossing to Riverhaven caravans also use the atmospheric window. It's probably something to do with the new(as far as I know) JOIN <whatever> mechanic for getting on the transports.
Re: Fang Cove 02/07/2013 12:13 PM CST
>>Why is that? No other transport uses that window. It seems bad form to use a window that is designed to let people ignore annoying things for 'real' game text.

It also echoes the atmospherics to the main window (or atmospheric window) if you're watching those areas with the distant gaze or shadewatch mirror spells. Constantly spams as if it were happening wherever you happen to be standing.