Home suggestions for Throne City 05/07/2003 01:21 PM CDT
Daytime description
[Throne City, Moonlight Circle]
Old shadowy medlar trees enclose the neighborhood, creating a scented backdrop, to the south you can see pennants flying in the breeze above battlements. Nearby are an assortment of homes, with shutters drawn against the harsh daylight. In fertile soil bushes with buds closed tight, as if to shelter the blossum's inner beauty, are planted in front of each residence. You also see a home, a home, a home, and a home, and the main road.
Obvious paths: south.

[Throne City, Moonlight Circle]
Old shadowy medlar trees create a scented backdrop for the garden situated to the south. An assortment of homes, with shutters drawn against the harsh daylight, are surrounded by dormant angel trumpet and moonflower vines clinging to their walls. You also see a home, a home, a home, and a home.
Obvious paths: south, north, east, west

[Throne City, Moonlight Circle Gardens]
A profuse amount of foilage surrounds the base of an ironwood drawbridge raised over a moat. Upon the moat float various lilies in hues from white to bright red nestled against varigated green, occasional movement reveals life below the surface. Beyond the moat lies a cobblestone courtyard with a high wrought iron gate, taller than any Gor'tog, set into a fortress wall. You also see a granite bench.
Obvious paths: north, northeast, northwest, southeast, southwest, east, west

[Summit Fortress, Outer Courtyard]
Cassava, carambola, and other fruit bearing plants and trees are tidily planted on both sides of a high wrought iron gate set into the fortress walls. A litany of familiar noises can be heard from behind the gate. Beneath an ironwood drawbridge the moat teems with life as the lilies bob upon the water. North of the moat reveals the gardens which harbors the opposite side of the drawbridge. You also see some Y'shai guards.
Obvious exits: none.

[Summit Fortress, Inner Courtyard]
Packed earth creates various paths to and from the buildings residing in the courtyard. Due to an abundance of activites tiny dust motes dance in the air making it difficult to breathe. Beyond the gate you hear the sound of water, and to the west you hear neighing. As a serf rushes towards the stable, more neighing is heard. Various parishioners tarry in the shade of the chapel, usually fingering strange bonelike objects and muttering to themselves with the occassional glimpse upwards. As the sun beats down from above you witness Y'shai take up positions on a regular basis outside the fortress to the south. You also see a stone cottage.
Obvious exits: none

Note: inside the stone cottage are the exterior decorator and the door salespersons.

Exterior suggestions:

Type Options:
dome shaped
steeple roofed
Xibar blue quartz
Yavash red brick
Katamba black obsidian
Grazhir eggshell stucco

Style Options:
a
an
a glass tiled
a stainglass tiled
a glass cupola
a skylight chased

Name Options:
cottage
home
dwelling
house

Door suggestions:

Type Options:
etched fan glass
beveled glass
etched diamond flower glass
etched rose glass
etched climbing vine glass
looking glass

Style Options:
a
an
a blue tinted
a red tinted
a darkly tinted
a frosted
a stained
a decorative
a pearlescent

Note: I have not done the night time descriptions yet. I also did not complete the area as it's self explanitory, I think.

Regards,

Sortny
Re: Home suggestions for Throne City 05/13/2003 05:35 AM CDT
These are beautiful suggestions! Bravo!

I want to live in Throne City, too!
Re: Home suggestions for Throne City 08/10/2003 12:06 PM CDT
I've been thinking about something along those lines for awhile now... themed for Fortune's Path Gypsies (and maybe Bards)... tents, Vardos (gypsy house/wagons), houseboats... something down near the Ferry dock at TC.

[Throne City, Wanderer's Landing]
A constant low bustle of activity fills this area, with the sounds and sights of travellers and visitors from every corner of the provinces. Music and laughter drift out of tents and wagons here and there, and exotic scents rise from cookfires and smoldering censers alike. You also see an arch-roofed Vardo with an iron dragon-shaped lantern by the door, a black-and-gold painted Vardo, a large blue striped tent, and a high-peaked tent next to a tall oak tree.
Obvious paths: Northwest, East.

[Throne City, Wanderer's Marina]
The soft tolling of a ship's bell reaches your ears as you walk along the slips of the marina. Only a few passersby break the solitude of the area, though faint strains of music can be heard coming from up the path to the shore. A solitary elf sits on a nearby barrel, idly shuffling a deck of Tokka cards as he looks out over the river. You also see a white-painted felucca, a short-masted felucca, a broad-keeled houseboat, and a silver-trimmed houseboat.
Obvious paths : Southwest, North.

Or something like that (Though I'd be just as happy to see more elf-only Tree-houses in Leth... or a vardo or six).

--- The mind behind Fateweaver Sorann

And if your head explodes with dark forbodings too
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon...
--- Pink Floyd