Non-traditional Homes 03/13/2003 09:42 PM CST
While reading up on the Kather and their customs, I thought it would be nice to perhaps have homes similar to theirs. An excerpt from the book I was reading:

"These people, as I wrote, live in the rocky lands northwest of Forfedhdar, but not primarily on the surface. Rather, they live in the canyons and caverns within the land itself. Nearly matching the skill of the Dwarves, the Kather have built and tunneled through this underground land to create their homes, and they've established a distinct architectural style."

"Within the Kather home, the caverns and tunnels are each filled with the sacred, life-giving fires; sometimes massive bonfires in stone pits bring light and warmth to massive chambers, and sometimes rows of torches illuminate long underground corridors. It is difficult, in a Kather city, to take three steps and not be surrounded by the light of countless flames. Each Kather home bears its own "heartblaze," a small hearth which they consider to be the heart and blood of the home and the family residing in it. This hearth is used for light, warmth, cooking, and nightly and morning prayers."

I think it would be great if we could have a neighborhood that was built into the side of a mountain. Instead of living in an apartment, manor, or cottage you could chose to live in a cave or some sort of underground dwelling. As a Ranger, I think this would be a nice change and more IC than the traditional home types which are abundant. Sure there are treehouses which are great, but they are extremly scarce and incredibly difficult to find vacant ones.
Re: Non-traditional Homes 03/18/2003 08:20 AM CST
There is a home area thats in a large cave like place, up in the Reaver/Silverwater Mine area. Was very well done and quite clever.

Ithlia
Re: Non-traditional Homes 03/18/2003 04:49 PM CST
Interesting... I don't believe I've seen that area nor can I find it on Ranik's maps. Is it actually in the reaver area? Like towards the shore of Silverwater lake?
Re: Non-traditional Homes 03/18/2003 05:37 PM CST
Its on Raniks maps. Map 4a 12/06/01. notice the grey section called Gazit Lair. That is them.

The player of Timargnon/Peperic
"In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks." - Calvin and Hobbes
Re: Non-traditional Homes 03/19/2003 12:16 AM CST
I see it now, thanks.
Re: Non-traditional Homes 04/26/2003 01:25 AM CDT
May as well utilize that gweth crater for something :)

~/\/\eanne~
"What happened to the thing in a bag?"
"It escaped. In to the mountains."