Repost of instructions 04/08/2002 10:17 PM CDT
These are the original instructions for suggesting a neighborhood:

**Begin quote **

<Eyrick grins and opens a folder> "You may like this...."

This is for posting your descriptions of a housing area. I don't recomend doing it in your browser off the top of your head. Write it up in a wordprocessor and spell check it before copying it to a post. DO check your spelling and edit it so it reads like a room description. Don't use slang, bad grammer, or character accents.

Not every area needs complex descriptions and lots of items. You could just post the description for a water fountain and not specify where it goes. Then other could refer to your water fountain in their description.

NOTE: The entire area or just parts may appear in game; you may be rewarded or there may be compititions and prizes; or not. I'm not the designer or builder but here to control the collection of your ideas. To keep it neat, readable and easily searched, here's the format to use:

1) Start with a room name (Eyrick's Exclusive Estates) or a descriptive term of the housing area (Hillside caves). Make that the Subject line so it can easily be referenced and easily find modifications or extra ideas for that area in later posts.

(Please don't "reply" and start typing your own area under the same name. Or worse, reply with comments like "kewl idea" or "lets add a pizza parlor and movie theater" I may rename the first and will remove the later.)

2) Write the room description: Make sure the descriptions matchs where you think it belongs. (No igloos in the hot tropical forest!) Don't worry about the home or door descriptions. Some items can be in the general text or as a seperatly visible item.

You may add extra paragraphs to give "look" descriptions of items. Note what an item can do if its not obvious like a swing or statue. I.e. A climbable tree or if it has fruit than can be picked.

3) You may want to list some variable happenings or notes on a time or seasonal description changes. (I wouldn't get too complex of fancy though because any extras would just take longer to program.)

4) Notes on where it could be located or connected and what type of housing, wealthy-poor, guild or race restricions etc.

If you make a mistake copy the whole thing into another post then go back and delete the bad post.

Enjoy - Eyrick

P.s. Post discussions about this in the General folder or the Neighborhood folder.

** End Quote **

I hope this helps,
Sezzes
Re: Repost of instructions 04/09/2002 07:33 PM CDT
Greetings Sesses,

The original instructions were before my time so thank you for posting. It was a very nice thing to do. I know it will be much appreciated by all.

Lourda