Premium+LTB concern/request 08/29/2020 11:37 PM CDT

Hello, id like to give you a scenario.
Im a premium subscriber. Im under the impression that one of the benefits to paying extra are the extra character slots, allowing you to play different characters/classes/races in DR. I feel this is an incentive TO play multiple characters is it not?

So 1 character who wants 3 "convenience" items.. a 1500stone backpack, extra type-ahead line, and an unbreakable gweth. 700+900+1800=3400 LTBs @ 100LTBs/month =34 months or just shy of 3 years. Okay fine, bit much IMO but whatever.
Because im premium and have 5 characters who each want a 1500 stone backpack, extra type-ahead line and an unbreakable gweth we are now at 3400x5=17000 LTBs @ 100LTBs/month = 170 months or just OVER 14 years. Okay, that seems ridiculous to be honest.
So i have 2 account that are both premium with 5 characters on each. Pretend i only could afford 1 Premium account but i still wanted 10 characters. So now we are talking 34000 LTBs @ 100LTBs/month = 340 months or 28.3 YEARS. Okay that seems to me to be ABSOLUTELY ABSURD.

I feel many of the items need to be made ACCOUNT WIDE as well as non-transferable. If i spend the 900 LTBs to buy the extra type-ahead line, every toon i roll up should have that ability. If i buy an 1800 LTB backpack, every toon i roll up should have access to a copy of that backpack, etc, etc. IF someone decides to try and "sell" or "transfer" that character. They lose any and all LTB bonuses, benefits and items, to avoid abuse.

In all honesty, i dont see myself, at age 48, spending another 28.3 years playing Dragonrealms @ premium prices for 2 account, just for 3 convenience items for 10 characters. This really needs to be looked at from a different aspect either by allowing subs to use simucoins at a reasonable conversion, ie NOT at 100 LTBs = 56$cdn, to buy certain items from the LTB store. Again you would need to spend original LTBs to buy the item the first time, then subsequent characters would be allowed to "redeem" copies of that item. If you sell the original, you cant make more copies, you would have to buy another original. If you transfer that character for any reason, only the person with the originals would keep thier items, the characters with the "copies" would lose all bonuses, benefits or items in the transfer.

There needs to be a better way to equip multiple characters with LTB items since the premium sub IS an extra cost FOR the use of extra characters. The way it is set up now it almost seems like you are punishing a person for playing multiple characters in DR

* NOTE * I would not want to see this applied to alterations or things of that nature, mostly just to items of convenience like containers, weapons, jewelry, gweths etc, etc.

Think about it. Offering something like this would probably up your Premium sub rate dramatically as THAT would be a MAJOR benefit to paying for a premium account.

Thanks for your time.

"You can have anything the world offers, so long as you have the strength to take it, the skill to steal it or the nerve to kill for it."

Dusk, Chosen of Damaris
Re: Premium+LTB concern/request 08/30/2020 08:59 AM CDT
The way I see it, the alternative to decreasing prices for more convenience added for multiple characters would be to make those items bind on account, a flag we don't have very much. So maybe bind to the character that picks it up? I still want the items to be uncommon/rare and retain some value over someone who isn't paying for premium status. The flip side, is right now one can sell these items to others, giving added flexibility.

Ultimately, I think there's a balance to be brought.

Nikpack
Re: Premium+LTB concern/request 08/30/2020 11:14 AM CDT
Thats why i mentioned "copies"

You spend 18 months playing DR you get to buy the backpack for 1800 LTB. Thats the Original.

You can make copies of the Original for your toons on your account <Account Bound>. The go to the Registry.. something along the lines of

"Ahh yes Sonso, you may make a copy of the following items:

1. Backpack
2. Gweth
3. Black diamond necklace

etc etc.

Copies CANNOT be sold/traded/given. Only the Original, however one cannot make a copy OF a copy. You would lose the ability to make MORE backpacks untill you spent ANOTHER 1800 LTB to get a new one.

In short, it doesnt change anything as to how LTB items can be sold to the masses, it just allows people WITH premium accounts to have all of thier Premium characters have the items that is Time Gated.

"You can have anything the world offers, so long as you have the strength to take it, the skill to steal it or the nerve to kill for it."

Dusk, Chosen of Damaris
Re: Premium+LTB concern/request 08/30/2020 02:11 PM CDT
The type ahead line is account wide, not character wide already.
Re: Premium+LTB concern/request 09/01/2020 02:22 AM CDT

Your point being..?

Dusk, Chosen of Damaris
Re: Premium+LTB concern/request 09/01/2020 06:26 AM CDT
>Your point being..?

That it already works the way you are requesting?

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Premium+LTB concern/request 09/04/2020 11:27 AM CDT

1 item?

It was used an example.

Please stop trying to diminish the OP by nitpicking semantics regarding a single item.

Dusk, Chosen of Damaris
Re: Premium+LTB concern/request 09/04/2020 11:53 AM CDT

>Please stop trying to diminish the OP by nitpicking semantics regarding a single item.

Please stop projecting your insecurities into the conversation. They likely were just pointing out to you and others that this already works that way so that people weren't confused.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh